Understating majority of stuff on application out of concern for medical school's verification...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gauss44

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is understating my biggest accomplishments and my role in the majority of stuff on my application out of concern that it could be difficult to verify (or worse yet, might get challenged by a rival) when medical schools attempt to verify information?

I did a lot of founding events and assisting with legislation, even as a young teen. Some stuff is LGBT back when being "out" could ruin a person's career so I intentionally kept my name off of written material. Now that times have changed, in some cases, others are gunning for credit or fighting over who gets credit for what... The idea of getting kicked out of medical school is so scary that I'm probably going to forgo listing some of my best accomplishments on my application or minimize my accomplishments as a lesser evil (to the possibility of getting kicked out of medical school due to someone else trying to claim credit for my work).

The purpose of this post is to see if there is anything reassuring that I am not taking into consideration. This makes me very sad that I may have to do this.

Members don't see this ad.

lol, do you honestly think those adcoms will call and verify all that crap? Think of it realistically...who has the time to do that.

I'd stop worrying about this and make sure those grades and MCAT scores are above the cut.

Do you have anyone who can verify them? As long as you have someone who will vouch for you, it should be ok, no?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you've read the manual, you'll note that in AMCAS you can list yourself as the contact if needed. This is perfectly valid. I had to do it on several activities that were 10+ years old, where my then-supervisor was no longer around and I had no way of tracking them down. Just go ahead and do that where need be.

Reactions: 1 users