Undergrad Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stella2836

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

A little bit of background for myself. I went to school for one year right out of high school and decided it wasn't for me. I worked for a retail eye care center in the area and decided to make optometry my career path. I'm working on setting myself up financially to go back to school full time, and I was wondering if anyone had advice in regards to undergrad? I live in St. Louis, and UMSL is a good option for undergrad. I'm not sure if it makes a difference where I decide to get my undergrad.

Any advice is welcome :)

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,

I think it only makes a difference in certain circumstances. If you have a good GPA I don't think it matters, so focus on learning your stuff and getting good grades :)

To my knowledge, schools can be more lenient when considering the GPA of a notoriously challenging undergraduate campus. Some schools may also allow for more opportunities to be involved too, depending on the resources available.

That being said, overall I think the impact is negligible because you will have so many other factors to your application like letters of rec, academic extracurriculars, work experience, etc.