UNC Pharmacy Class of 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people that received an interview, did you apply for ED or regular?
Regular!

Members don't see this ad.

Does a current pharmacy school student remember how long it took after Candidate day to receive admissions letters?

I heard back in 9 days. But you can get put on hold for further review all the way until late March-ish. That just means they're not 100% sure and wanna see the other candidates from future candidates day before offering a spot. Don't lose hope, but get excited that you might get in before you know it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview but can't go november 11. Does anyone know if theres another date thats been offered yet?

Just received an interview invitation for Dec. 8th!! :heckyeah: Who else will be there?

I got an invitation,too!!!Excited!!! See you guys there on 12/8.

Reactions: 1 user
Just had my interview on 11/11! I'm so excited; I hope those of us who interviewed already hear back within 2 weeks! :D:D:D:D

How was the interview? You don't have to go into specifics, but did you feel good about it when you left, and are you generally a good interviewe(e)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

How was the interview? You don't have to go into specifics, but did you feel good about it when you left, and are you generally a good interviewe(e)?

I feel fairly positive about my interview. I have a background in improv and public speaking, which definitely softened the nerves aspect of the day. We signed a confidentiality agreement, so have to be careful when discussing the interview. There really isn't a way to prepare beforehand. Rather than researching MMI obsessively, I prepared by reflecting on why I want to go to pharmacy school, and the principles of an ethical healthcare provider. As their website states, they are looking for candidates with strong character and communication abilities. The "soft" attributes of a successful healthcare provider that cannot be quantitatively measured.

I felt really prepared! There are a ton of good MMI practice YouTube videos that you can look at. Honestly, I really prefer MMI to the traditional interview.

I got accepted! Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best.

In regards to the interview, there are some you can prepare for, like traditional ones, but there were some that required you to be on your toes. They weren't extremely difficult, but you have to really reflect on yourself and be a responsible, ethical, and kind individual. Be true to yourself because they can see through BS. Also, it's totally OK to be nervous. I was really nervous in some of the stations, but as long as you can communicate your thoughts, you'll be fine. Don't be harsh on yourself. No one is perfect. :) I definitely wasn't.

I got accepted! Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best.

In regards to the interview, there are some you can prepare for, like traditional ones, but there were some that required you to be on your toes. They weren't extremely difficult, but you have to really reflect on yourself and be a responsible, ethical, and kind individual. Be true to yourself because they can see through BS. Also, it's totally OK to be nervous. I was really nervous in some of the stations, but as long as you can communicate your thoughts, you'll be fine. Don't be harsh on yourself. No one is perfect. :) I definitely wasn't.
When did you get the email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh okay, thank you! Apparently, I have an account because I had applied for undergrad before. If it says Doctor of Pharmacy under admissions, did I get in? Or it's simply stating that I have applied?
There should be a link. If you don't see it, I'm sure they will send an email tmrw or during the weekend if they have already made decisions for the first round. Good luck!

There should be a link. If you don't see it, I'm sure they will send an email tmrw or during the weekend if they have already made decisions for the first round. Good luck!
Thank you so much!!! Congratulations!

I just got my acceptance email yesterday! :D:D:D

Also got accepted this past Friday. Congrats everyone, can't wait to meet you all

C's get degrees from here on out, am I right? :hardy:

Any updates from UNC applicants? Took the PCAT late October. Accepted to Campbell and deposit due soon. No contact from UNC yet.

Any updates from UNC applicants? Took the PCAT late October. Accepted to Campbell and deposit due soon. No contact from UNC yet.
Have you had your interview on 11/11? People who got accepted heard back last Friday.

Thanks futurepharmD103 and Cefuroxilimes. I recently received an invitation to interview at High Point University. No invitation for UNC. Keeping my fingers crossed even though the clock is winding down.

For those of you who accepted, did any of you do the "Accept fee waiver" option for the deposit?? Are they going to email us with more information about that?

Edit: Never mind - I emailed admissions, and they said the deposit is just the first $500 of your first tuition bill. So if you do the fee waiver, you won't have the $500 off of your first bill.

Last edited:
For those of you who accepted, did any of you do the "Accept fee waiver" option for the deposit?? Are they going to email us with more information about that?

Edit: Never mind - I emailed admissions, and they said the deposit is just the first $500 of your first tuition bill. So if you do the fee waiver, you won't have the $500 off of your first bill.

Thank you for posting this! I know you were initially asking a question, but it's good info to have. I scraped together $500 waiting to see if I get accepted, but knowing what you found out helps me -- that can totally go to bills now. *phew*

Thanks futurepharmD103 and Cefuroxilimes. I recently received an invitation to interview at High Point University. No invitation for UNC. Keeping my fingers crossed even though the clock is winding down.

So, to be honest, I messed up my application the first time and had to re-submit. I ended up submitting my final application around the end of October, got my Supplemental Application the next day, and heard from UNC two weeks later (11/05) about an invitation to interview.

I would give them 1 month to process your application (maybe a little longer due to their recent deadline) from the date everything is verified and submitted. The next interview date that is a month out from that date is most likely when you will get an interview. So, if you recently submitted, you will probably get a 01/27 interview if you're among the top of their qualification pile. Otherwise, if you have good stats and a good essay, you will most likely get a February interview.

I met a guy last year who interviewed in February, didn't hear back (not even a wait list response!) and was contacted in April to notify him of his acceptance. So, don't freak out too much! I bet you'll hear back from them in no time at all. Best of luck & I hope you get into wherever you most desire to go!

Good Luck tomorrow to everyone who's interviewing! ;)

I wish the best for all of us. Remember to calm yourself and remind yourself that this is not the end of the road. Whether you feel that you did amazing or terribly, your Pharmacy journey does not end if you don't get accepted to your dream school (as I'm sure UNC is for most of us).

With that being said, see you guys bright and early!

I think it went well! I hope at least... definitely wasn't perfect, but it seemed pretty relaxed and I was able to answer the questions. I can't wait to here back!!

I felt like I totally either aced a station or completely bungled it. The whole process was actually a lot of fun. Everyone back home was asking me "How did you do???" I just said, "Frankly, at this point, I have absolutely no idea".

(Side note: I don't think I was at my best that day. Severe compounded loss of sleep [for about a week before] with only 4 hours of sleep the night before the interview is truly what makes me say "I have no idea")

I felt like I totally either aced a station or completely bungled it. The whole process was actually a lot of fun. Everyone back home was asking me "How did you do???" I just said, "Frankly, at this point, I have absolutely no idea".

(Side note: I don't think I was at my best that day. Severe compounded loss of sleep [for about a week before] with only 4 hours of sleep the night before the interview is truly what makes me say "I have no idea")
Just remember - you can mess up at one station and still be accepted :) I definitely fumbled at one station during my interview, but it didn't ruin the entire MMI.

I got accepted as well! see you all next fall!

Anyone got placed on hold after the interview?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and is enjoying a break from classes. Just wondering if anyone has received an invitation for UNC Candidate Day in January or if anyone knows when the invites will go out. Thanks!

I interviewed in November and was placed on hold. Has anyone placed on hold heard anything back? What kind of chances do applicants placed on hold have of being admitted?

no yet... but I know some people who already got their acceptances
you mean people who had their interviews before got their acceptances? or people who interviewed on 1/27 got their acceptances?
I had interview on 1/27 and was hoping to get a response today but :<

you mean people who had their interviews before got their acceptances? or people who interviewed on 1/27 got their acceptances?
I had interview on 1/27 and was hoping to get a response today but :<

people who interviewed on 27th

put on hold. What's the alternate list? which do you think has a better chance of being accepted?