UMem EM/IM out of the question for IMG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kushr88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i'm a 3rd year MS interested in doing combined EM/IM and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it was even possible to get an interview at University of Maryland for their EM/IM program as an IMG (SGU). I'm top of my class with GPA and STEP 1 is 255, planning 250+ with STEP 2 and to have solid letters by the end of third year. I was hoping I could do an audition there but unfortunately they do not take IMG's. I've heard EM/IM is not out of the question for IMG's but Umem is the top program I believe so I was wondering if it was even possible with my current situation.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys. Any clue on the competitiveness of the Henry Ford program or other EM/IM programs in general for IMGs?

Thanks guys. Any clue on the competitiveness of the Henry Ford program or other EM/IM programs in general for IMGs?

Same deal as above. Look at the class lists for the programs and see which ones have taken IMGs in recent years. That will give you some insight into your chances. Ultimately, it costs almost nothing to apply to all of the EM/IM programs so I say send off the app and see what happens. Worse that can be done is you get a no.

I am only a MS-1, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I have been looking heavily into combined EM/IM programs, and Henry Ford seems to be very IMG friendly by the looks of their website.

I looked at the past 5 entering classes, and all had at least one if not two IMGs from the Carib.

I think Henry Ford wouldn't be out of the question. I wish they were a little more DO friendly, however, that's a disadvantage for me, not you! haha