UIC entering fall 2018 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skibenz

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd start this for any interested people. I have not found any others on SDN applying for this cycle to UIC. Right now I am deciding whether or not to apply ED. That tuition deal is pretty sweet.

Members don't see this ad.

I will probably submit my application after Sep 5, I just want to keep my options open. Plus, there are still chances for us to get that in-state tuition even after Sep 5.

Yeah I called about that yesterday, because I also want to keep options open. They basically said that it depends on how many people do ED from OOS. So I guess it's kind of a gamble if you do RD and want in-state.

Members don't see this ad :)
If we get accepted to the rockford campus, all out of state applicants are guaranteed in state tuition. Chicago campus is the one with the gamble.

I applied ED yesterday to Chicago campus. Just waiting for my GPAs to be verified on PharmCAS and then the supplemental from the school. Has anyone received the supplemental or an interview yet?

I am regular decision but my GPA was verified on Aug 15. Didn't submit app to UIC until Aug 31. Got the supplementary on Aug 31 also and submitted it on the same day. Now just waiting to hear back from them.

I am regular decision but my GPA was verified on Aug 15. Didn't submit app to UIC until Aug 31. Got the supplementary on Aug 31 also and submitted it on the same day. Now just waiting to hear back from them.
Nice! I really hope I get in, I'm kind of banking on it. I was hoping ED would increase my chances a bit.

Same here. It is one of my top schools. I'll be happy if I can get at least get an interview.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats you're applying with?

PharmCAS verified GPA: 3.48
PCAT: 97 composite
One research paper published, 200 hours of volunteering in a hospital, 600 hours in a research lab, and around one year of experience as a pharmacy technician in retail pharmacy.

PharmCAS verified GPA: 3.48
PCAT: 97 composite
One research paper published, 200 hours of volunteering in a hospital, 600 hours in a research lab, and around one year of experience as a pharmacy technician in retail pharmacy.

well now I'm concerned haha.

Just try your best. You never know. I'm sure you have something unique that I don't have.

Members don't see this ad :)
My GPA just got verified on PharmCAS. Hopefully the supplemental will come today then.

Haha good luck then. You should get it by today. It's easy to finish it too. There are no essays and it just consists of filling out basic information.

You might hear back before me since you applied for ED. But yeah, the waiting game is always tough.

I also applied early decision to UIC. I already did the supplemental and my pharmcas is verified. I am waiting now to see if I get an interview, hoping I do! Has anyone been invited to an interview yet?

Hey guys,
I submitted everything by September 1st. Just wondering if any of you guys who applied Early Decision know when to generally expect interviews and decision verdicts?

Hey guys,
I submitted everything by September 1st. Just wondering if any of you guys who applied Early Decision know when to generally expect interviews and decision verdicts?
The early decision verdict is October 20th, but I am not sure when they are going to start sending out interview invites (or if they already did).

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think they've sent any interview invites out yet. I know last year they had interviews every weekend from the first weekend in October to the deadline. My guess is invites will start happening next week.

Just submitted my supplemental too. Like others have said, it's surprisingly short.

Just got an interview invite this morning!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! I got one too and they are all from 1-5pm on weekdays, which is going to be a little annoying to schedule lol
Congrats to you as well! Just scheduled mine for October 2nd! Luckily I had a layover there on the 1st anyway so I'm just extending it so I can stay for Monday. I'm so excited!

Last edited:
Nope not yet! If they do though, I hope they schedule my interviews in november.

Last edited:
I spoke too soon. I got an invite as a regular on Oct 20.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you mind if I ask what your stats were when applying?
3.61 cumulative PharmCAS verified GPA, 93rd percentile PCAT, about 600 hours worked in a pharmacy as an clerk/driver/assistant, not much other than that.

Hello,

Congrats to everyone who received an interview. I also applied ED. Did anyone who applied for ED not receive an interview yet? All of my supplemental materials were verified and accepted last Wednesday.

I applied ED and have not heard anything.

I applied ED and got an invite yesterday morning.

When did you have all your materials verified? Mine was last Wednesday so I'm hoping they're going in order of submissions and I'll be one of the last ones to get an invite but not sure how they actually do this. Thanks for your responses

When did you have all your materials verified? Mine was last Wednesday so I'm hoping they're going in order of submissions and I'll be one of the last ones to get an invite but not sure how they actually do this. Thanks for your responses

Everything was verified in the end of August for me. I'm pretty sure they're still going through apps. The earliest interview date that showed up for me was next week. If I remember correctly they had about 2/3 interview days per week till the deadline.

Any idea how many people per day can sign up?

I applied ED and my supplemental was received by the school aug 31st. I also haven't heard anything yet. Getting anxious for sure.

I applied ED and my supplemental was received by the school aug 31st. I also haven't heard anything yet. Getting anxious for sure.

I am too. Anyone know if we get an email saying we were denied an interview? Otherwise it's going to be a terrible waiting game

I am too. Anyone know if we get an email saying we were denied an interview? Otherwise it's going to be a terrible waiting game

I think they send out emails regardless of the decision. I know a guy that got an interview rejection email last year.

Helps a lot. Thanks

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Got mine today right after posting that I hadn't yet.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a bit stressed though lol. I'm from out of state and the rockford campus is quite distance from the Chicago airport.

I got an email from them saying I'm in step 3 now so they are definitely looking through these applications in no particular order.

I mean they said there is a shuttle that takes you from the airport. But 71 miles is quite a distance. I wouldn't be stressing if it was 15 miles.