UIC DMDAS 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do they send acceptances evey day?

Members don't see this ad.

It says 28, they might have send couple more.... it's rolling so never know

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
If you see uic class of 2019 or 2018 they have 80 members and there are only 52 students that's why i think that number is not right

Members don't see this ad :)
If you see uic class of 2019 or 2018 they have 80 members and there are only 52 students that's why i think that number is not right

That is little different because the people in the second year of IDP join into the group too later

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone
I have received application completed email yesterday. I feel now it's too late to get that email.
Would I get IV call?
I think they do hv IV in July...
Good luck everyone
And many congratulation who got acceptance

Even though i was exempted from TOFEL they asked me to submit TOFEL results so went there yesterday and asked them they sorted the issue out. I asked them what about the interviews the lady told its still in process and we send invites till end of september

Dont trust the FB group. Some have become part of the group yet just less than 20 are actually accepted. Interviews would continue until August.

Did anyone get an interview call on june 28th?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview this Friday 06/16/17. I talked to one person who told me she got accepted already, I am not sure when she interviewed.

Why uic? Talk a little about yourself? What differentiate you from the others? Do you have experience with SGL?tell me about your volunteering? What will you do if you see a friend cheating in an exam?
whats SGL!??

SGL (small group learning) it's a method some schools use where they assign clinical case to small group of students so they can all work on it.

Any tips on how to prepare for the interview at UIC??

Everyone I spoke with regarding the interview had positive feedback. It is relaxed and causal. Just be yourself :) Don't be too arrogant and have the attitude that " I am already a dentist" and I don't need to learn much but also don't sell yourself short. If they ask you about your background don't just answer and stop, keep talking and they'll find something to ask you about. It is not an interrogation! lol

Good luck to all of us!

Everyone I spoke with regarding the interview had positive feedback. It is relaxed and causal. Just be yourself :) Don't be too arrogant and have the attitude that " I am already a dentist" and I don't need to learn much but also don't sell yourself short. If they ask you about your background don't just answer and stop, keep talking and they'll find something to ask you about. It is not an interrogation! lol

Good luck to all of us!
Thank you!:)

Good luck to all of us!
Did you pass the interview? Were there any academic questions?

@ kyozeinsensei, as I mentioned earlier my interview is this Friday. I got the feedback from people I know who went to the interview.

Anyone here accepted at UW and planning to let go the offer for other school? Any response will be very helpful:)

Much Thanks

denmim, this is UIC thread
Thank you for your clarification and apologies for confusion.

To be more clear, anyone who is accepted to UW and to UIC/other school planning to give up UW for UIC/other school!?

Any info is much appreciated and helpful:) thank you

Hi Friends, Can some help me. I received an email from UIC that I am missing following:
  • Missing Dental Degree or Transcripts
I am really confused. Do we need to add school transcript.

HOw do I re-upload my documents. There is no attachment or add on online application.

Can somebody please help and suggest?

I did call school but no one is picking.

Hi Friends, Can some help me. I received an email from UIC that I am missing following:
  • Missing Dental Degree or Transcripts
I am really confused. Do we need to add school transcript.

HOw do I re-upload my documents. There is no attachment or add on online application.

Can somebody please help and suggest?

I did call school but no one is picking.
Call the admission office or if so stop by and talk to them they are cooperative

Thank you for your clarification and apologies for confusion.

To be more clear, anyone who is accepted to UW and to UIC/other school planning to give up UW for UIC/other school!?

Any info is much appreciated and helpful:) thank you
It all depends where you live what is the cost how long is the program..

whats up guys, any more interviews? this is my third time applying and feeling hopeless

canine2012, I wish you the best but it is pointless to "compare" your stats with any other applicants. If you think about it from the school stand point, most applicants have passed part I & II , got decent score on Tofel and worked in the dental field as assistant or what have you. So it is hard to understand what dental schools really looking for because on paper most people look the same "technically" , your "stats" and experience in certain area that we may think its irrelevant could be the reason why you get accepted and vice versa we may think we have such strong point in our profile "high GPA, high Toefl" but then it won't seem to be "helpful" .

Best advice to you is to attend UIC open house because you will have better understanding of how to improve your application and also for admission staff to put a "face" with paperwork :)

Best of Luck!

Any one has idea how many got accepted? Do we still have any chance, hope?

Any one has idea how many got accepted? Do we still have any chance, hope?

Yes, I was at UIC last Friday for an interview and the admission staff told us they have accepted less than half of class size of 52 so I am assuming they accepted 25 people so far. Never give up hope!

Yes, I was at UIC last Friday for an interview and the admission staff told us they have accepted less than half of class size of 52 so I am assuming they accepted 25 people so far. Never give up hope!
Thanks Dear for the info and motivation. Finger-crossed :) How was your interview?

You're welcome. I was interviewed by two faculty. Very laid back and pleasant. Common questions (tell us about yourself, asked few questions about my clinical experience back in my country nothing specific just how many crowns, bridges or implants you did, volunteering, future goals, cheating, etc)

You're welcome. I was interviewed by two faculty. Very laid back and pleasant. Common questions (tell us about yourself, asked few questions about my clinical experience back in my country nothing specific just how many crowns, bridges or implants you did, volunteering, future goals, cheating, etc)
oh nice. Thank you for the info and I hope you get the acceptance letter soon. :)

Thank you, wish you best of luck!

Good luck and thank you for sharing!! was there any clinical questions?? how long was the interview??

Thank you Ana, they asked how many crowns, bridges I did back home. Asked if we used Cad/Cam technology that's it. Interview was about 20 minutes.

Thank you Ana, they asked how many crowns, bridges I did back home. Asked if we used Cad/Cam technology that's it. Interview was about 20 minutes.
Oh!! Thank you Enkido:):) and good luck!!

Hey!
Can I please ask you how many candidates were there in your interview batch? on 16th june

I just got the acceptance email today!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users