UHCOP Class of 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tiwatope145057

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Is anyone else applying to the University of Houston's program for fall 2018? I applied ED

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
same with me! have y'all received invites for interview ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also applied Early Decision

I hope everyone's interview went well!!! I also applied ED.

Hi everyone! I applied regular decision and got an interview initially for Sept 29 but I changed it to October 13.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview? What was the MMI like?

Anyone heard back from the October 13th interview?

Anyone heard back from the October 13th interview?
I got my acceptance email today! I think there are supposed to be 2 emails but idk if I got the second one about the seat deposit and other info

Congrats!!! I got my acceptance this morning as well! I got both emails with a few second delay between both. I suggest you check your junk mail just in case it may have gone there.

PharmCAS put me in regular application status :(
Guess cause my last LOR didn't finish till after the "early deadline" & also retaking my PCAT cause i did dreadful ...

Congrats!!! I got my acceptance this morning as well! I got both emails with a few second delay between both. I suggest you check your junk mail just in case it may have gone there.
It wasn't in my junk folder either :/ I e-mailed Dr. Pitman so hopefully I'll get the second email soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
It wasn't in my junk folder either :/ I e-mailed Dr. Pitman so hopefully I'll get the second email soon.
Ah okay. Yeah, she sent another email detailing that there has been a problem with some email services, the best solution is probably to email her directly.

Got accepted last Friday morning and got the documents Saturday. Is there a Facebook page for class of 2022 accepted students ?

Has anyone heard back from the November 10th interview?

Waiting for Results of Jan 8th Interview! If you interviewed that day goodluck!

Reactions: 1 users
I think you guys should hear back either at the end of this week or next. Good luck y'all!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on the 8th. I made an acquaintance with a fellow interviewee who said she received her admission offer this morning.

And, apparently UH likes to make some people sweat it out by letting some people know at 9:15 in the morning, and others just before close...I just got my admissions offer via email (I interviewed on the 8th).

Sent from my SM-G928T using SDN mobile

To anyone who's already been accepted to UH, who also interviewed at UT and is waiting to hear back (and especially if you already knows you want to do a residency)... what is your top choice and why?

To anyone who's already been accepted to UH, who also interviewed at UT and is waiting to hear back (and especially if you already knows you want to do a residency)... what is your top choice and why?

Hi, I've been accepted to UH and interviewed at UT a couple weeks ago but I already turned down UH.

Hi, I've been accepted to UH and interviewed at UT a couple weeks ago but I already turned down UH.
Out of curiosity...why (considering that you're allowed to have multiple accepted offers until March 1st)?

Everyone was at UH was kind and the building was new and nice but I felt like nobody knew anything while I was there. They kept talking about a new curriculum but not a single person (students and faculty) knew anything about it. They were supposed to start the curriculum this year but because of the hurricane and a bunch of technical difficulties with their new building they decided to push it to next year.

Then, they gave us the tuition rate of just the first semester/year (and I later heard from others that the tuition rates change every year?? Not sure...did not verify this) and the only person who I could ask questions about the tuition left immediately after his speech (though I didn't bother to contact him later). The faculty and students I spoke to were very evasive when I asked about tuition.

They have mandatory summer school (I think it was online? but it'll definitely cost about half a semester's tuition).

I was excited when they mentioned that they offer and find internships during the summer for you but there is no guarentee that you get to go back to the city you live in (first come first serve) and the cost of living in Houston is HIGH so I'd rather not stay there during the summer as well.

Everyone was at UH was kind and the building was new and nice but I felt like nobody knew anything while I was there. They kept talking about a new curriculum but not a single person (students and faculty) knew anything about it. They were supposed to start the curriculum this year but because of the hurricane and a bunch of technical difficulties with their new building they decided to push it to next year.

Then, they gave us the tuition rate of just the first semester/year (and I later heard from others that the tuition rates change every year?? Not sure...did not verify this) and the only person who I could ask questions about the tuition left immediately after his speech (though I didn't bother to contact him later). The faculty and students I spoke to were very evasive when I asked about tuition.

They have mandatory summer school (I think it was online? but it'll definitely cost about half a semester's tuition).

I was excited when they mentioned that they offer and find internships during the summer for you but there is no guarentee that you get to go back to the city you live in (first come first serve) and the cost of living in Houston is HIGH so I'd rather not stay there during the summer as well.
Interesting. Overall, I feel like I saw most of what you did but had a slightly different interpretation.

First, I didn't even know that they delayed the rollout of the new curriculum in 2017 and pushed it back to start fall 2018 so, in earnest, thank you for that. I initially thought you meant the curriculum was not being rolled out this year (and was so worried I emailed the academic dean who assured me out will begin this fall).

In reference to the current students not knowing much about the new curriculum...I'm honestly not that surprised. They aren't going to be the ones going through it. And given that they're busy enough with their own they probably don't care that much. I'm not sure if I would either.

I think there's a chance we may have been in the same interview group, as I seem to remember someone asking about tuition and the current students all seeming to not really have a clear answer. But...I wasn't that put off by them not being able to recite down to the dollar how much tuition or fees were for a particular year. I would imagine that P1/P2s are busy enough with their studies that they're more concerned that their financial aid cleared and tuition had been paid than looking over in-depth financial aid statements. Plus, that might be something we should already know from having done our HW in interview prep. Also, all of that information is available straight from the AACP for every school in the country, for every year of pharmacy school: Tableau Public .

The summers are a legit difference. And UT also said they try to help students land internships between P1 and P2.

The tuition increase at UT is definitely a little bit of a downer. The total difference over all 4 years will end up being roughly $10k more. Which means UT is now only about $5k less expensive than UH (total cost of tuition+fees over all 4 years), which as a percent of total cost is almost negligible.

Anyone had an interview on February 9?

Last edited:

Hello, currently at UH and I just wanted to address some of these in case anyone else was reading this and wanted answers. We were supposed to be the first class with the new curriculum but they delayed it before we even started, so we know nothing about the changes they were talking about. The building wasn't completed when we began, so I believe that might have the biggest role in delaying the new curriculum. It actually wasn't "done" until a few months ago. Tuition increases every year at every institution due to inflation to some degree, and UH charges by the credit hour + mandatory fees. For example, parking alone has gone up $150/year for a garage pass since I started in 2014.

As far as summer school goes, it is mandatory after P2 year. There is a 4 credit hour rotation that lasts about 4 weeks I believe (not sure if that's going to change for you guys). Electives are also taken during the summer although some are offered during the Fall/Spring semesters. Some of the electives only require you to meet one or two times as far as I know. My tuition ended up being just under 20k for this year (9K for the fall and 10K for the spring).

We lost about 7 days of lecture so we've been trying to catch up ever since tbh. Some students were displaced, and some faculty lost their labs in the TMC. Everything is super new to us as well. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out and good luck to you all :)

Got accepted last Friday morning and got the documents Saturday. Is there a Facebook page for class of 2022 accepted students ?
Hello, Congratulations!
A Facebook page is currently being created... as soon as it is ready students will be added:)

I got accepted yesterday!! Woop Woop!

Hello guys I am a current P1 and orientation coordinator at UHCOP. For those of you who have gotten accepted here is the facebook group you guys can join. Congratulations! Log into Facebook | Facebook

Congrats on your interview! I have one on March 9th too! Good luck!
Thanks! Hope your interview went well!
I’m waiting to hear back but they said it could take 4-6 weeks. My deadline to accept for another school is before that so I’m a little nervous . Has anyone who interviewed March 9th heard anything yet?

Thanks! Hope your interview went well!
I’m waiting to hear back but they said it could take 4-6 weeks. My deadline to accept for another school is before that so I’m a little nervous . Has anyone who interviewed March 9th heard anything yet?
Hey, have you heard anything? I’m waiting to hear back from my March 9th interview too. I was told that I would know in 4 weeks and tomorrow is officially week 3. I’m pretty nervous and just want to know already.

Hey, have you heard anything? I’m waiting to hear back from my March 9th interview too. I was told that I would know in 4 weeks and tomorrow is officially week 3. I’m pretty nervous and just want to know already.
Hey! I just heard back today and I’ve been accepted into the program!!! I hope you hear back soon

Hey! I just heard back today and I’ve been accepted into the program!!! I hope you hear back soon
That’s awesome! Congratulations! How did you find out? Was it a call or just an email?