UGPA 2.13 postbaccGPA 3.9 DAT 21 chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tqnnqt

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am asking for a person who is really close to me. I really want to help him, but I don't know what to tell him. He has taken the DAT twice. So he has only one last chance to take the DAT. Do schools forgive his uGPA with his new GPA?
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

How many postbacc hours did he take? If it's over 30 hours of post-bacc classes, sure, he has a chance. If it's under 18-20, It's difficult to pull back up from a 2.13. A masters might be in order. His DAT is fine.

It's hard to tell without knowing how many post-bach hours your friend took.

The DAT seems fine- I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Your friend should focus more on strengthening his volunteering + shadowing. :smug:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for replying. I asked him. He has completed 68 hours of postbacc and over 500 hrs of volunteer community service and shadowing.

I think with that low of a gpa he should of done a masters, if unsuccessful, I would recommend a 1-year masters

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

68 hours... I'm assuming that's all upper level science classes/prereqs. He shouldn't have a problem getting a few interviews, just make sure he applies broadly and early.