UF c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've heard some people in past years got their acceptances the day after they first started coming out. It's not over yet! :)
Oh bless you haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I've heard some people in past years got their acceptances the day after they first started coming out. It's not over yet! :)
Thanks for the encouragement! The IS waitlist moved a ton last year so I can at least hope for being an alternate!!

Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone who has not heard: I am currently freaking out and crying, but also laughing about this situation. I will definitely update you all once I hear. For now, I am unstable. :cryi: I am happy that I'm laughing. Trying to remain positive.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS, haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 1 user
IS nothing here...I feel like they probably have stopped for tonight, but who knows

To everyone who has not heard: I am currently freaking out and crying, but also laughing about this situation. I will definitely update you all once I hear. For now, I am unstable. :cryi: I am happy that I'm laughing. Trying to remain positive.

I'm watching Newsies in theaters and it's great! An excellent distraction. (It's intermission right now)

Heard back at 3:58, good thing I didnt check this throughout the day because I would've been so destroyed for those two hours. BUT! Accepted IS!!!!!

IS Accepted! I look forward to meeting everyone in the fall!

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED :hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:
I heard at work today around 3. Can't wait to meet all of you and start this awesome journey!

Reactions: 3 users
Currently watching the Emperor's New Groove to keep my mind busy. #llama #notouchy

Is haven't heard anything... Really dreading everything right now though

Rejected IS. My heart feels so heavy right now.

No one got an alternate email? Weird

Maybe UF just didn't have a heavy SDN representation this year?

Honestly though, while I'm pretty sad about this, I think it's probably better for me in the long run to be straight up rejected (that hurts to say, yuck) than to be waitlisted, because now I don't have to take ansci or nutrition and hold on to the weensy hope that I'd get pulled off the list. Guess it's time for a change of address!

Accepted OOS but will be giving up my spot for Ohio State! Best of luck everyone, hope some awesome SDN-er gets my spot!

Just got the email. Accepted OOS!

Honestly though, while I'm pretty sad about this, I think it's probably better for me in the long run to be straight up rejected (that hurts to say, yuck) than to be waitlisted, because now I don't have to take ansci or nutrition and hold on to the weensy hope that I'd get pulled off the list. Guess it's time for a change of address!
Last year there was at least 4 people on here that were IS alternates, I don't think there is a way out of all the people on here to not have one.

And I'd rather get an alternate email at this point TBH because I'm waitlisted at every other school I applied to so I'm stuck waiting either way

A lot of my classmates/people I know here at UF are either perpetual SDN lurkers (hi guys) or they don't have an account. I'm one of the few who regularly posts for some reason...

Congrats to everyone who got accepted, you are awesome!
Don't be sad buddy. You are still going to become a veterinarian no matter what. <3 I've been cycling through my emotions all morning.

How can anyone not look at your app and say yes please? I'm feeling a lot better about my rejection lol.
Haha thanks. I was surprised UF waitlisted me, as I thought my interview went pretty well. Maybe they just don't offer many OOS seats? Anyway I'll be joining you at Davis!

Haha thanks. I was surprised UF waitlisted me, as I thought my interview went pretty well. Maybe they just don't offer many OOS seats? Anyway I'll be joining you at Davis!

Often times a school will look at a very strong application and think "hey, this guy definitely got offers from a higher-ranked place he is much more likely to attend," so they save the seats offered for students that are more likely to actually attend their school.

idk if this is too soon but does anyone know if there is a facebook group for our class yet? I wanna start meeting my future classmates and see what everyone is arranging for housing etc..

I am most likely going OOS, so I hope my IS seat will go to one of you lovely SDN folks! Congratulations to everyone attending UFCVM. :love:

I am most likely going OOS, so I hope my IS seat will go to one of you lovely SDN folks! Congratulations to everyone attending UFCVM. :love:
Tennessee?? ;):cat:

Accepted IS!! Can't wait to meet everyone!! Hoping for a Facebook page soon!