Program-Specific Info / Q's UDub 2016/2017 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to University of Washington--Seattle yet?
I'm curious if your portal continues to say "make sure to complete OTCAS application" even after OTCAS is submitted and paid for?

Mine says this even though I submitted OTCAS last month:
(I am probably parsing things too fine, but...)

Materials Required To Be Sent To Graduate Program

Application materials submitted to:

Email: [email protected]
Make sure to complete OTCAS application: https://otcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UW and my grad application says the same thing. As long as your verified in OTCAS I think your good. Have you heard anything about this cycle of admissions? I know they said mid-march and it looks like on here people have heard anywhere around March 8-20.

I applied to UW and my grad application says the same thing. As long as your verified in OTCAS I think your good. Have you heard anything about this cycle of admissions? I know they said mid-march and it looks like on here people have heard anywhere around March 8-20.

No word yet. Fingers crossed, good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anxiously wondering too! I went to UW for my undergrad and is my top choice :xf:

Has anyone applied to University of Washington--Seattle yet?
I'm curious if your portal continues to say "make sure to complete OTCAS application" even after OTCAS is submitted and paid for?

Mine says this even though I submitted OTCAS last month:
(I am probably parsing things too fine, but...)

Materials Required To Be Sent To Graduate Program

Application materials submitted to:

Email: [email protected]
Make sure to complete OTCAS application: https://otcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login

Did you get a confirmation email from UW?

Also I am pretty much second guessing everything on my app from my essays to grades to Obs. Hours. :bang:I see that people completed like 200 hours of observations in previous years, but I was a special education teacher for four years and so I just completed 50, because I had observed so much OT during my time as a teacher. Now I am wondering if I should have done more formal hours. UW is my 2nd to last school to hear from and my top choice as well.

I haven't heard anything yet either, but admissions did tell me they received over 600 applicants last year, and their cohort was only 24.. so lolz :, )

I haven't heard anything yet either, but admissions did tell me they received over 600 applicants last year, and their cohort was only 24.. so lolz :, )
Yikes, not very good odds haha

Also I am pretty much second guessing everything on my app from my essays to grades to Obs. Hours. :bang:I see that people completed like 200 hours of observations in previous years, but I was a special education teacher for four years and so I just completed 50, because I had observed so much OT during my time as a teacher. Now I am wondering if I should have done more formal hours. UW is my 2nd to last school to hear from and my top choice as well.
It's so easy to second guess but I'm sure your application has some good strengths! It's out of our hands so all we can do is wait. It's hard not to feel on edge!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know when we are supposed to hear?

I haven't heard anything either. I haven't called to find out more details, but it looks like last year some people received acceptances as early as the 9th. So my best guess would be the 9th-17th. I think you find out of you are on the wait list after people have been given acceptance offers. I have also heard that they give out of state offers first since they are more likely to decline. That could just be forum rumors though. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Thank you! Is it by email or mail?

UW will email you informally and then you will receive an official acceptance letter by mail. The letter will have all the details on how to accept your offer.

UW will email you informally and then you will receive an official acceptance letter by mail. The letter will have all the details on how to accept your offer.

Hmm thanks for the update.

Does anyone know if it matters when you turn in your application or not?

Admissions, "We plan to send emails to all applicants regarding their status by next week."

Reactions: 1 users
Admissions, "We plan to send emails to all applicants regarding their status by next week."
The suspense continues... thanks for letting us know!

In the mail or an email?

Just received my acceptance by email. So unexpected!

CONGRATS.

Do you mind posting stats just so we have an idea what they are looking at?
Sure no problem.
My last 90 GPA 3.76
My prerequisite GPA: 3.97
GRE Scores: 161 Verbal 143 Quant 4.0 Writing

Observation Hours: 25 Outpatient/Inpatient Rehab and 27 Hours Outpatient Pediatric Clinic

Extracurriculars: I was a special education teacher to both kids with EBD(K-5) and to children with severe medical disabilities(9-12) for four years.

CONGRATS.

Do you mind posting stats just so we have an idea what they are looking at?
Undergrad: Speech and Hearing Sciences (UW)
Overall GPA: 3.55
Last 90: 3.44
Prerequisite GPA: 3.9
GRE Scores: 152 V, 144 Q, 4.0 AW

Volunteer: 2 service trips to rural Philippines, service trip to Mexico with migrant worker families, various tutoring, Adult day health activities assistant, arts and crafts leader for campers with physical disabilities (5 years), hospice patient care volunteer

Observations: 20 pediatrics, 30 hand therapy, 33 outpatient, 40 acute inpatient, 30 geriatrics, 200+ work and industry

Does UW look only at the last 90 units for gpa??

Does UW look only at the last 90 units for gpa??
I don't know if they only look at your last 90 credits, but on the grad. application they ask for that. I can't find it on their site now, but I remember reading that they would take your last 90 credits. I don't remember if it was an option to use your Cum GPA instead.

Your total Cumulative GPA does need to be above a 3.0 however. My overall GPA was only a 3.3, because I screwed off my freshman year. So I think my experience as a special educator and my letter of rec from those years of teaching really helped me.

Oh and I also forgot to put that my undergraduate major was Special Education.

congrats on those accepted!! curious of you all are WA state residents?
I'm out ot state, fingers still crossed!

I received an acceptance e-mail last night too!!

I'm a Montana state resident :)

I received an acceptance e-mail last night too!!

I'm a Montana state resident :)
I lived/taught in Helena, MT for three years. I am a Arkansas resident, but I am originally from Washington and my undergrad is from Eastern Washington University.

Waitlisted :O does anyone know more info how they deal with the waitlisted people or when they would find out.

congrats on those accepted!! curious of you all are WA state residents?
I'm out ot state, fingers still crossed!
I'm a WA resident :) I think we were talking on the AT Still thread too? What's your top choice?

Waitlisted :O does anyone know more info how they deal with the waitlisted people or when they would find out.
From previous threads it looks like you can call and they will tell you approximately where you are on the list. Hope that helps. Try calling Charu or emailing her at [email protected] Good Luck!!!

From previous threads it looks like you can call and they will tell you approximately where you are on the list. Hope that helps. Try calling Charu or emailing her at [email protected] Good Luck!!!
I emailed to see if I could get a sense of a timeline or my position on the wait list, but all they said was that it was 40 people long. Sigh. Good luck to everyone waiting patiently out there!

Just turned down my spot. Hopefully someone on the waitlist will hear back soon.

I turned down my spot as well. Hope that helps!

I emailed to see if I could get a sense of a timeline or my position on the wait list, but all they said was that it was 40 people long. Sigh. Good luck to everyone waiting patiently out there!
Hmm. I wonder why they changed that. I am sure they have a reason. They asked that we informally decline or accept our spots by tomorrow so hopefully you will know by next week sometime(just an educated guess). I accepted my spot today and paid the deposit. Good Luck to you all.