UDM Waitlist Class of 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellatha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Whoever is wait-listed at UDM, we can use this thread to give updates on our status over the coming months.

Members don't see this ad.

I was literally gonna make this thread today. Lol. Beat me to it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
People who interviewed today, any information given to you about the status of the wait-list would be much appreciated.

People who interviewed today, any information given to you about the status of the wait-list would be much appreciated.
i was there yesterday and we were told that class is full currently. they sent around 280 offers pre dec and 148 is class size. all the students who had interview yesterday was for alternate/waitlist. the dean said the waitlist is ranked based on gpa score, dat score, cognitive, interview, and non-cognitive scores. students who had an interview pre dec and were waitlisted and post dec waitlisted are all ranked together. moreover, last year 300 students were on waitlist and 20 were left when the classes start so either students got into some other schools or were accepted to UDM. the dean doesn't recommend us updating him abt activities via email because he can't do much. we just have to wait till someone drops. i believe there were around 80 students in total adding morning and afternoon interview sessions

Reactions: 1 users
i was there yesterday and we were told that class is full currently. they sent around 280 offers pre dec and 148 is class size. all the students who had interview yesterday was for alternate/waitlist. the dean said the waitlist is ranked based on gpa score, dat score, cognitive, interview, and non-cognitive scores. students who had an interview pre dec and were waitlisted and post dec waitlisted are all ranked together. moreover, last year 300 students were on waitlist and 20 were left when the classes start so either students got into some other schools or were accepted to UDM. the dean doesn't recommend us updating him abt activities via email because he can't do much. we just have to wait till someone drops. i believe there were around 80 students in total adding morning and afternoon interview sessions

Thanks for the great information.

They raised their class size from 144 to 148? Also, do you know how they measure "cognitive" and "non-cognitive"?

Does anyone know how many people usually come off the wait list every year?

Does anyone know how many people usually come off the wait list every year?
Dr Jeffers said that last year they had a 300 people waitlist, and at orientation only 30 people were still on it--meaning 270 came off of it!

Is it frowned upon by schools to call and ask for where you are on the wait list? Will they even gives this information to prospective students?

Is it frowned upon by schools to call and ask for where you are on the wait list? Will they even gives this information to prospective students?
No its not, many schools actually like when students call.

I will be dropping my seat within the next couple of days! Fortunately will be staying in Canada for dental school, but I really loved the program at UDM!

I will be dropping my seat within the next couple of days! Fortunately will be staying in Canada for dental school, but I really loved the program at UDM!
Thanks for your info and Congrats on ur accaptace to Canadian School. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who has been waitlisted in previous years at UDM, or has any information regarding their waitlist, do you know what are the chances of getting in after being in the waitlist?

Dropping my seat soon! Good luck!!

Just keep working hard in school and let's hope for the best guys!

Anyone who got waitlisted at UDM, have heard back?

How many students were rejected from the waitlists?