2017 UCSF Fall 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think we will hear back at least until next month. I remember they told us mid-March and I think the first acceptance that went out last year was around 3/7.
Nope, it was March 14. UCSF does not do early acceptance, because they take fairness in application really seriously. They might send late report but it is the case only when they mess up.

Members don't see this ad.

It's March 3rd and I'm a bloated ball of anxiety. Who's with me? :bag:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
we should be hearing back this week or next right?? They told us 2nd or 3rd week of march

Accepted

Stats:
Senior w/ 3.93 GPA
93 Percentile PCAT
Dual major in Biology and Chemistry
No pharmacy experience, No health care experience

Good luck everyone

Congrats to those who got accepted so far! The rest of us will anxiously wait for the next emails =P

Did anyone hear back about any denials? Based on the trend, some get sent out same day as some acceptance emails.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet for me
So weird that they send emails out in batches and skip days (I'm assuming since nobody posted they got an email). I'm assuming they must've made a decision already so why the weird batches.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm not good with these mind games, I'm so anxious... :(

I'm taking ochem and I couldn't focus at all because I was just refreshing either this page or my email :(
I feel you. I tried to tell myself that everything is decided now, my anxiety is not gonna change the result. But again, I'm here to check this page every 10 mins lol

Starting to get a little concerned that we haven't heard anything since the first day of acceptances given the previous trends. Hopefully, they haven't been sending out more acceptances and we just don't know because the candidates aren't a part of this forum

Reactions: 1 user
My friend actually received a denial email yesterday. So I believed they have been sending out denial emails as well. They have been sending out both acceptances and denials. So for those who haven't heard back yet, don't get frustrated. we just gotta keep on waiting

My friend actually received a denial email yesterday. So I believed they have been sending out denial emails as well. They have been sending out both acceptances and denials. So for those who haven't heard back yet, don't get frustrated. we just gotta keep on waiting
Oh wow thanks for letting us know! I guess I should be grateful I haven't heard yet if it's been mostly denials! Thanks!

Yeah, thanks so much for the update! It's been so quiet since Tuesday.

Does this mean we have to wait through this weekend?? Ugh, I don't know if I'm gonna survive this...

Does this mean we have to wait through this weekend?? Ugh, I don't know if I'm gonna survive this...
I checked the dates listed on the google doc and it looks like they pretty much always take the weekend off :/ This wait is definitely putting a strain on my heart lol it practically stops everytime I get an email!

Reactions: 1 users
I'm guessing that they go over each candidate in order and the people who are obviously yes or no are contacted immediately and anyone who is remotely near the cutoff will be ranked when they are done. The order is based off of when you were selected for an interview which depends on when you submitted your application. I'm also guessing that the ID number you were given was also based off of that list since it was in the format of xxx2017. But then again, I'm probably way off base and I'm just making up these huge assumptions to keep myself from going crazy.

I'm guessing that they go over each candidate in order and the people who are obviously yes or no are contacted immediately and anyone who is remotely near the cutoff will be ranked when they are done. The order is based off of when you were selected for an interview which depends on when you submitted your application. I'm also guessing that the ID number you were given was also based off of that list since it was in the format of xxx2017. But then again, I'm probably way off base and I'm just making up these huge assumptions to keep myself from going crazy.
I think the first part may be true, but I don't believe your interview date was determined by when you submitted the application. For example, I submitted everything in August, and I got the 1/27 interview. Pretty sure interview dates were determined by region since most of the people I met were from various parts of California.

For now though, we got the weekend where we know for sure we won't hear back so let's all take a break from anxiety and relax. If people did receive denial emails, then that means for now those who haven't heard back are safe. Take solace in that :)

I think the first part may be true, but I don't believe your interview date was determined by when you submitted the application. For example, I submitted everything in August, and I got the 1/27 interview. Pretty sure interview dates were determined by region since most of the people I met were from various parts of California.

For now though, we got the weekend where we know for sure we won't hear back so let's all take a break from anxiety and relax. If people did receive denial emails, then that means for now those who haven't heard back are safe. Take solace in that :)
selected for interview =/= interview date

Accepted! I'll see you guys in the fall

we did it fam, accepted 3/13!! good luck to everyone, give it some time :phantom:

Anyone still waiting to hear back? I'm getting a little worried :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just got accepted! Congrats everyone!!

Just got accepted! Congrats to everyone!

I just got accepted too!! Congrats everyone. See you all in the fall!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

ACCEPTED!!!!! CONGRATS EVERYONE!!!

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED GOD BLESS AMERICA. ILL SEE YALL IN FALL BABY!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED! good luck to every one still waiting to hear back!!

Future isn't looking too bright for me at UCSF. #32 on the W.L. atm

accepted!
congrats everyone & GL ppl on the waitlist (a lot of people do choose other schools over UCSF, believe it or not)

I heard like 26 people got in from the waitlist, and some people tend to drop bc of the living costs. Don't lose hope!!
Yeah I am keeping hope, and also have deposits in other schools. Still am weighing pros and cons with them. It's crazy how stressful it was when I started apps, but I'm glad to finally be at the end of them and get time to relax until school starts in the fall, regardless of where I end up. Congrats to everyone that got in btw!

Accepted yesterday at 10:49am! Super stoked to meet everyone in September :) Good luck to anyone who is still waiting. That anxiety is a bummer.

Hi everyone, do you know when we should expect to be notified of the facebook group?