UC Consortium 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
LOL @ UCSF's only e-mail to me being a rejection e-mail.
:(
i got one too, but my app was never even marked complete... lol

Members don't see this ad.

My app was still pending, and I didn't hear anything from UCSF (or any other ones).

Did UCSF send out "fake" rejections to those of you who were pending?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed, I was told the UCSF Post Bacc committee isn't meeting until May 30th to make their decision about the cohort.

Maybe it was only sent to pending applications, since its probably too late to send interview invites to those applicants

Hi guys,

Also rejected by UCSF. My application was marked complete very early in the cycle ☹️ I guess they finalize their cohort for this year early

Hi guys,

Also rejected by UCSF. My application was marked complete very early in the cycle ☹️ I guess they finalize their cohort for this year early
Hi guys,

Hello, did you interview with UCSF?

Did UCSF send any rejection letters to those they interviewed?

I just interviewed at UCSF yesterday. They said they were finalizing interviews this week and that the admissions committee was meeting next week to finalize the cohort. They told me I should hear back by next Wednesday.

Reactions: 1 users
Was also rejected by UCSF yesterday and my application was marked complete.

Interviewed today at UC Davis and received a call from Ellio at 6 that i was accepted in the A2 track! Anyone else hear back after interviewing today?

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed at UCLA today and was offered a spot shortly after :D It seems like they will finalize their cohort by next week.

Interviewed at UCSF about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back.

Haven't heard anything from UCR or UCD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it almost safe to assume I am rejected from all schools if I haven't gotten any interview invite? Feels like the schools are doing their selections after-interview now.

Is it almost safe to assume I am rejected from all schools if I haven't gotten any interview invite? Feels like the schools are doing their selections after-interview now.
Well, it seems like UCR hasn't sent out any invites.... I'm not sure though. I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed at UCLA today and was offered a spot shortly after :D It seems like they will finalize their cohort by next week.

Interviewed at UCSF about 2 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear back.

Haven't heard anything from UCR or UCD.

Congratulations!!! I have my interview with the UCLA postbacc program tomorrow and I was wondering if you have any advice? I would greatly appreciate it!

Congratulations!!! I have my interview with the UCLA postbacc program tomorrow and I was wondering if you have any advice? I would greatly appreciate it!

Congrats on the invitation! I had a Skype interview with great people who made it really easy for me to just be myself. Relax. They really are just trying to get to know you a little better. I mean they are obviously interested in you they just want to make sure you match your application. They asked simple questions about your life, experience, and passions. You should easily be able to answer them since after all they are about you :) I really hope this helps, but seriously just relax and be yourself. I was pretty nervous prior to the interview, but as soon as we started talking I began to feel more comfortable. Oh and also they did say it would take about 30 mins. but mine ended up lasting 60 lol.

Hi Guys, first time commenting here. Did any of you apply to the Charles Drew Postbacc? If you did, have you received an interview invite?

Hi Guys, first time commenting here. Did any of you apply to the Charles Drew Postbacc? If you did, have you received an interview invite?
I go an interview invite via email this past sunday. I declined it since I already got into one of the UC postbacc programs.

I go an interview invite via email this past sunday. I declined it since I already got into one of the UC postbacc programs.
Do you mind if ask who was overseeing your application? was it Risha or Rebeca? I think Rebeca had last names A-M & Risha N-Z

Do you mind if ask who was overseeing your application? was it Risha or Rebeca? I think Rebeca had last names A-M & Risha N-Z
I don't mind at all. It was Rebeca. They are doing virtual interviews this saturday.

Reactions: 1 users
I know this might be off topic but do any of you know how does the charles drew post bacc compare to the UC consortium post bacc? Thanks!

I know this might be off topic but do any of you know how does the charles drew post bacc compare to the UC consortium post bacc? Thanks!

I'm not sure how they compare. I know for sure that for some UC post baccs, for example, UCI's, if you do well, you can slide into their medical school. I know two people who did it. Unfortunately, i got rejected from UCI & UCSF, probably from UCD & UCR, so my only hopes are Charles Drew now. Anyone else applied to this postbacc?

Well, it seems like UCR hasn't sent out any invites.... I'm not sure though. I'm crossing my fingers for you!
Thanks very much! I wish good news will arrive soon! I just get very nervous when it's time the cohorts are finalizing.

if you don't mind me asking, which post bacc did you hear back from already? :) Congrats btw!

I'm not sure how they compare. I know for sure that for some UC post baccs, for example, UCI's, if you do well, you can slide into their medical school. I know two people who did it. Unfortunately, i got rejected from UCI & UCSF, probably from UCD & UCR, so my only hopes are Charles Drew now. Anyone else applied to this postbacc?
I also applied to the CDU postbacc! I submitted my app 2 weeks before the due date, but due to a mishap, had to resubmit 2 days before the deadline. Haven't gotten an interview invite. I wonder how closely they're sticking to the timeline on their site. When I visited the school a few weeks ago, they mentioned they had a lot more applicants than they were expecting.

Has anyone else heard from Charles Drew Postbacc? Should I consider it a lost cause this year?

For those who interviewed in person at UC Davis, do you recall when we are supposed to hear back about our status? Like what day or week?

For those who interviewed in person at UC Davis, do you recall when we are supposed to hear back about our status? Like what day or week?
When I got the cal
Ahh I was hoping they would get back to us today!
Same! They said most likely tomorrow though, but will be a quick turn around because the program begins so soon....at least they provide summer housing

Elio said they would email is today, he called me to say I was accepted the day of my interview but that we would get an official email today or tomorrow while they finalize the cohort

I also applied to the CDU postbacc! I submitted my app 2 weeks before the due date, but due to a mishap, had to resubmit 2 days before the deadline. Haven't gotten an interview invite. I wonder how closely they're sticking to the timeline on their site. When I visited the school a few weeks ago, they mentioned they had a lot more applicants than they were expecting.

I was wondering if you heard back from CDU? I haven't heard anything but was told when i submitted my app that they are making final decisions tomorrow June 1st .

CDU interviewed last 2 Saturday and they will let everyone knows about their decision by June 1st.

I was wondering if you heard back from CDU? I haven't heard anything but was told when i submitted my app that they are making final decisions tomorrow June 1st .
No, I haven't heard anything back. Though I submitted my application to a staff member directly, I was never told that the final decisions were being made tomorrow... Makes me wonder whether or not my application was actually considered... /:

Just got an email from UCSF about 2 hours ago that I got in! Anyone else get in?

If you dont mind sharing, was the email a general one to all accepted applicants or are they emailing one by one?
I assume it's individual as attached to the email are documents that I need to fill out that have my personal information on it

Rejected from UCLA and UCSF. Crossing my fingers for UCD and UCR for possible interview invitation.

Do you mind me asking if you received the e-mail from UCSF today?

I haven't heard from UCSF either and I interviewed early in may. Their website says they will notify all applicants june 1st so I wonder if they are sendings acceptances today and rejections tom.... :( :( :(

I haven't heard from UCSF either and I interviewed early in may. Their website says they will notify all applicants june 1st so I wonder if they are sendings acceptances today and rejections tom.... :( :( :(
I hope not but I was thinking that too. My interview was a while ago in April