UC Consortium 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The waiting period is so scary....

Members don't see this ad.

Think about those of us who are still "pending" our application to be complete...now really scared whether my documents have arrived or not...

I'm sorry to hear that. It happened to me last year too. My professor forgot to put the letter in the envelop and I didn't figure it out till 1 week before the deadline. My application did not get complete till May also. What I did was calling the Consortium to confirm that my document arrived (I can't remember his name but he always pick up around 2pm-2:30pm) and waited for it to be uploaded.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did only one person so far get into UCD post bacc program? Did anyone else hear back?
I had my interview yesterday, I wonder when we will hear the final status.

Did only one person so far get into UCD post bacc program? Did anyone else hear back?
I had my interview yesterday, I wonder when we will hear the final status.
Just got a call for Elio saying I got in! Looking forward to meeting the rest of my cohort! I interviewed last Thursday for those wondering.

Just got a call for Elio saying I got in! Looking forward to meeting the rest of my cohort! I interviewed last Thursday for those wondering.

Wooooowww, congrats... What track are you going to if you don't mind sharing?

Not at all, I'll be in the A1 Track

Awesome...

And will they send an email to confirm your status. I'm kind of worry since I'll be out of the country and my phone won't work at the other country :( Should I call them and update my phone number?

Awesome...

And will they send an email to confirm your status. I'm kind of worry since I'll be out of the country and my phone won't work at the other country :( Should I call them and update my phone number?

when I got the call they said they would send an email with all the orientation details and everything but it's been a week and I haven't gotten anything yet. Im thinking they will send the email once the whole cohort is finalized

when I got the call they said they would send an email with all the orientation details and everything but it's been a week and I haven't gotten anything yet. Im thinking they will send the email once the whole cohort is finalized

Thank you so much for the info. I guess I'll just call the program to update about my situation then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten any more Skype interview invites for UCD?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone have their interview at UCSF yet? Any tips or advice for this interview? :) Thanks in advance!!

Wow, I did not know they have an interview waitlist. I did not hear about this from previous years.
How did you know you were on a waitlist, I can never get anyone to answer my emails.

I haven't had any calls for interviews yet, do you think its a lost cause. Or I'm just a late bloomer.

How did you know you were on a waitlist, I can never get anyone to answer my emails.
I was placed on the waitlist, they sent me an email. Has anyone received anything from UC Riverside?

Did anyone else hear back from UC Davis about an acceptance yet? Especially those who interviewed last wednesday...
I'm nervously waiting ahhh

It's been pretty quiet from all the schools. Anyone hear anything from UCLA?

Did anyone else hear back from UC Davis about an acceptance yet? Especially those who interviewed last wednesday...
I'm nervously waiting ahhh

Same. Hoping to get into the B track, so if anyone got in and wants to share their good news, that would ease some of my worries! I saw that a few people on this thread got into A1 and A2 tracks.

Same. Hoping to get into the B track, so if anyone got in and wants to share their good news, that would ease some of my worries! I saw that a few people on this thread got into A1 and A2 tracks.

What are the track differences?

Those who got interviews at UC Davis, are you all first time or reapplicants?

For those of you who got interviewed at UCD, do you know if you are the last round of interview? And what's your app completion date, if you wouldn't mind sharing?

When/IF you take the MCAT. A1 does MCAT prep during the summer, A2 does MCAT prep Spring, B= no MCAT.
Do you know if all tracks still start at the same time or or does A1 start in summer while the others start in the fall since they either have no MCAT prep or prep later? just wondering because of the such short notice would be difficult to move from philly to california in a month and finish up current projects

Just got a Skype interview invite for UCD!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know if all tracks still start at the same time or or does A1 start in summer while the others start in the fall since they either have no MCAT prep or prep later? just wondering because of the such short notice would be difficult to move from philly to california in a month and finish up current projects

From looking at their website it seems like A2 and B would move/start in the fall as they state that they secure housing for the A1 track only for the summer MCAT component. Just came across this after some research as I got a skype interview invite too!

UPDATE: Got a call from UCD and let them know I won't be interviewing. They said they will be handing over my spot in this case so hopefully someone from the forum gets an interview invite real soon! Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
So from what Elio told me he said the A2 track starts in the fall and the MCAT prep is next summer so June-September 2018.

From looking at their website it seems like A2 and B would move/start in the fall as they state that they secure housing for the A1 track only for the summer MCAT component. Just came across this after some research as I got a skype interview invite too!

UPDATE: Got a call from UCD and let them know I won't be interviewing. They said they will be handing over my spot in this case so hopefully someone from the forum gets an interview invite real soon! Good luck everyone :)

Thank you. Gives those of us who haven't heard anything yet some hope!!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone from the 04/28 group heard anything from UCD?

I think two people got in from the 4/28 group and one person got in from the 5/03 group...based on what had been posted on the forum. I wonder how they decided to accept some and keep others waiting... :(

So from what Elio told me he said the A2 track starts in the fall and the MCAT prep is next summer so June-September 2018.

Do you get to select your tracks? Or do they assign you a track?

I think two people got in from the 4/28 group and one person got in from the 5/03 group...based on what had been posted on the forum. I wonder how they decided to accept some and keep others waiting... :(
Hi! I'm new to this thread, but I also interviewed in person at UCD on 05/03. I have not heard back from them yet :(

@kemon1212 I read the thread and it doesn't look like anyone that was in this thread that interviewed on 5/03 at UCD mentioned that they got in? Can you show me what post you were referring to because it looks like no one in this thread that interviewed on 5/03 in person has gotten an acceptance call or email yet...

Last edited:
First time posting. Has anyone heard from UCLA?

Has anyone who interviewed with Elio at UCD today hear back about the second interview yet?

I got notification that I won't be continuing in the UCD interview process after my initial skype interview :( good luck everyone else!

Has anyone heard any news regarding invitation to Skype interview recently? The schools are quiet...

Hello, first time posting here. I just heard from UCLA yesterday afternoon. Interviewing this week!

Hello, first time posting here. I just heard from UCLA yesterday afternoon. Interviewing this week!
Congratulations! Do you know if your interview date is the last date for this app cycle, or will there be more? Like did they give you the option to choose a date in June?

Congratulations! Do you know if your interview date is the last date for this app cycle, or will there be more? Like did they give you the option to choose a date in June?

Thank you. The only options given were for this week. There must have been like a total of about 10 slots. I am not sure how long they have been interviewing for though. If they mention it during the interview, I will update you all :)

Anyone have any info about UCLA's interview? I'm kind of nervous. Their picture online shows 6 students for the class of 2016-2017. That's sooo small.

Thank you. The only options given were for this week. There must have been like a total of about 10 slots. I am not sure how long they have been interviewing for though. If they mention it during the interview, I will update you all :)

Anyone have any info about UCLA's interview? I'm kind of nervous. Their picture online shows 6 students for the class of 2016-2017. That's sooo small.

Based on what I see on this thread and deadline info, UCLA would be last to conduct interview (since the program is only for re-applicants and app was due 5/8). UCSF and UCD had been interviewing. Not sure about UCR.

Has anyone who was placed on the UC Davis interview wait-list heard anything?

Umm, silly question, but my application is still pending and I just got a rejection email from UCSF... does anyone have any clue as to why this would happen? Thank you!

LOL @ UCSF's only e-mail to me being a rejection e-mail.