UC Consortium 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spoke to someone at UC Davis. They said that they already notified people for interview and will start interviewing next week.
Ah I'm nervous, UC Davis is the program I want to go to.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Ah I'm nervous, UC Davis is the program I want to go to.

I know, I am extremely anxious too! Especially when there is no update from anyone these last few days. But it looks like from previous years that UC Davis send out invitation for interview on a Thursday, so we might hear from them tomorrow or next Thursday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I received an interview from UCI on Monday and had the interview yesterday. Do you guys know how long it takes take hear back?

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I received an interview from UCI on Monday and had the interview yesterday. Do you guys know how long it takes take hear back?

Congrats! I heard back from UCI within 3 business days. But I also thought they're done with interviewing since they already have 12 people in their cohort.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh well I am not sure, I guess I will find out soon.

Oh well I am not sure, I guess I will find out soon.
I'm pretty sure you'll hear Monday since those of us who interviewed lately on Thursday heard back Monday morning! But yea that's odd especially since they've moved forward with the cohort. But I would take this as a good sign, must mean they really want you and think you'd make a great fit if they interview this late in the game! If you end up getting in and are in SoCal feel free to PM to add you into our cohort chat!

Received an interview for UC Davis! I am so excited, but nervous haha. Does anyone have information on what the interview process is like? I'd like to be as prepared as possible and the help would be much appreciated! Good luck to everybody else!!

Received an interview for UC Davis! I am so excited, but nervous haha. Does anyone have information on what the interview process is like? I'd like to be as prepared as possible and the help would be much appreciated! Good luck to everybody else!!
When did you get the invite for the interview?

I got an interview for UCDavis too! I was so surprised they sent it out on a Sunday. If anyone has any advice it would be great!

I too received an interview invite. Im going to be giving up my spot. Good luck to whom ever gets it. The interview is via skype and it's most likely going to be two interviewees. If it's the same as last year then it will be three questions. They will start of by asking you to talk about yourself. They will most likely ask you about your experience working with the underserved. I don't quite remember the last one. They end by asking you if you have any questions. The Skype interview is quite short.

Reactions: 4 users
Congregations on the interviews everyone! If you don't mind sharing when did you all submit/complete your applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just realized I got the email too guys. I am so surprised. It is Easter Sunday.

Good luck everyone!

@eagleped I submitted everything by 01/05/2017 and my application completed on 01/23/2017

Me too! Congrats everyone. When are y'all's interview dates?

Me too! Congrats everyone. When are y'all's interview dates?
The only option I got was Wednesday the 19th. Is anyone else signing up for a time and it still shows up on the doodle as available?

I wish we had more time. 2 days isn't enough for me to practice.

So I was finally able to get into contact with the program coordinator only to be told that they also lost my transcript... The coordinator told me that at this point there is no guarantee the programs will even review my application so there goes all my work out the door. Any ideas for steps to take now?

The only option I got was Wednesday the 19th. Is anyone else signing up for a time and it still shows up on the doodle as available?
I got the invite too! we're supposed to e-mail them with our choice to confirm the time. I guess if more than one person chooses the same time, they'll reschedule it? The doodle said my choice was recorded but I also still see my time available. Guess we have to wait for the office to confirm? Hopefully we hear back today so we can mentally prepare!

I got the invite too! we're supposed to e-mail them with our choice to confirm the time. I guess if more than one person chooses the same time, they'll reschedule it? The doodle said my choice was recorded but I also still see my time available. Guess we have to wait for the office to confirm? Hopefully we hear back today so we can mentally prepare!
Yeah, same here. I turned in my pic, and am waiting to hear back. What time did you choose?

So I was finally able to get into contact with the program coordinator only to be told that they also lost my transcript... The coordinator told me that at this point there is no guarantee the programs will even review my application so there goes all my work out the door. Any ideas for steps to take now?
I'm sorry that happened to you. But it could be a blessing in disguise. I actually had 2 interviews at UC Davis last year, the screening and in-person, but in the end wasn't picked to join the cohort. So I spent the year self-improving, spending time with my family and getting real-life experiences. I'm glad I didn't get into the program last year b/c yeah, it feels good to have a safety net, to be in school, but I don't know if I would of done so well academically.

I was placed on the waitlist at UCI, anyone know what that means exactly?

I'm also sorry that happened to you. If you really like the program, I would suggest re-applying again next year. That's what I did as I took more classes to help raise my GPA and also was involved in more work with the underserved. I would suggest turning in the application early too. I turned mine in super late last year and didn't hear back from anywhere. UCI and UCSF gave me feedback and told me to turn it in earlier if I were to re-apply, among other suggestions.

However, if you'd rather start on a Possbacc right now. I'd suggest checking out UCB extension and CSU East Bay Postbaccalauareate. They're both from the Bay Area, and I heard good things about them. UCBX is based on a rolling admission while CSU East Bay apps aren't due till June, I believe. I know people who are in both programs, so if you have any questions, I can ask them about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was placed on the waitlist at UCI, anyone know what that means exactly?

I'm assuming that if anyone from the cohort decides to drop out of the program/decline their acceptance to attend the program, UCI will pick people from the waitlist to fill in that spot.

Has anyone heard from the UCLA RAP? I was marked complete with them around 2 months ago but haven't heard anything.

I'm also sorry that happened to you. If you really like the program, I would suggest re-applying again next year. That's what I did as I took more classes to help raise my GPA and also was involved in more work with the underserved. I would suggest turning in the application early too. I turned mine in super late last year and didn't hear back from anywhere. UCI and UCSF gave me feedback and told me to turn it in earlier if I were to re-apply, among other suggestions.

However, if you'd rather start on a Possbacc right now. I'd suggest checking out UCB extension and CSU East Bay Postbaccalauareate. They're both from the Bay Area, and I heard good things about them. UCBX is based on a rolling admission while CSU East Bay apps aren't due till June, I believe. I know people who are in both programs, so if you have any questions, I can ask them about it.
Thank you for your reply! I will look into those programs.

Hi there. The EXACT same thing literally just happened to me. I finally got ahold of someone a few weeks ago and was told they never received the transcripts that I had sent 2/18. I was also told the same thing but I went ahead and ordered new transcripts through my institution and my application was finally 'completed' 2 days shy of a month since the application due date. Idk what has been going on but I didn't know if it was my home institution or the consortium. But with all that being said, I'm hoping that a school still looks at my application and grants me an interview. Just a waiting game now. If all else fails I guess there's always next year, even though I don't want to hold off another year. I'm sorry this happened to you also.

Good luck everyone interviewing tomorrow! I have mine in the afternoon

Hello everyone. Just found out about this forum.
I have an interview at UCSF on Thursday. Has anyone interviewed here yet and would like to give any advice?
Good luck all!

Last edited:
I have an interview at UCSF on Wednesday. Has anyone interviewed here yet and would like to give any advice?
Good luck all!

Congrats! If you don't mind, can you let us know when you submitted your application and it was marked complete? And when did you get the interview offer? Thanks a lot!

I have an interview at UCSF on Wednesday. Has anyone interviewed here yet and would like to give any advice?
Good luck all!

Congrats on hearing back on UCSF. Do you mind sharing when did you hear back from the program? Good luck to all of us :)

I have an interview with UCSF too! I have mine on Monday.
Submitted: 1/10
Completed: 3/2
Interview invite: 4/12

Congrats! If you don't mind, can you let us know when you submitted your application and it was marked complete? And when did you get the interview offer? Thanks a lot!
Thank you!
Submitted: 03/01/17
Complete: 03/21/17

You had your interview already? How was it if you don't mind me asking.

Woww... Congrats :) Did they call you or email you? I missed couple calls from SF area but no voicemail left :(

Good luck on the interview with Davis later. Let me know how it goes please!

Woww... Congrats :) Did they call you or email you? I missed couple calls from SF area but no voicemail left :(

Good luck on the interview with Davis later. Let me know how it goes please!
I received an email.
Did you try returning the call?

Got a second interview for UCD :) it makes me so nervous that it's a group interview though. Has anyone heard anything about how they are?

Got a second interview for UCD too! Any advice on the group interview? SO EXCITED

Got a second interview for UCD :) it makes me so nervous that it's a group interview though. Has anyone heard anything about how they are?
I received an invite too. My interview is at 1:30 on Thursday. How about y'all?

Yeayyyyyy, we all got the invite. I'm so happy but also super worried about the group interview. Does anyone know how to prepare for this? Mine is at noon

Submitted my application (re-applicant) last week!! Excited and hope I'm not too late into the game.
Still waiting for my documents to arrive, and wish interviews come soon.