UC Consortium 2017-2018 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if the programs just review your application once and that's it? If we submitted our documents for UCI before the priority deadline and they didn't send us an invitation with the first round, does that mean we won't get one at all? Thanks!

I feel like that's the case unless Re-applicants are reviewed at a later date. In general I feel like UCI doesn't accept many re-applicants based on previous cycles but I may be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

I still have 2 documents pending :(, the same two that I brought in in person!
Have any other schools sent out interviews other than Irvine?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody hear back from schools other than UCI? Do you guys think UCI is still offering interviews?

So far two people in this thread have interviewed at UCI. I think late March to early April is when UCSF and UCD start sending out interviews. UCI usually stops sending them the first week of April. Hopefully in the next two weeks we see some progress

That and my friend who interviewed on 3/16 but she hasn't heard back yet. How long do they take to get back?

So far two people in this thread have interviewed at UCI. I think late March to early April is when UCSF and UCD start sending out interviews. UCI usually stops sending them the first week of April. Hopefully in the next two weeks we see some progress

Whoa! That's a lot earlier than I expected. I feel excited but also more anxious.

Do you mind telling us our stats?
Not at all! Ill put ill put everything so it can help out everybody
I have 3.09 cgpa 3.22 sgpa, CSU Northridge (3.60, 3.8, 4.0 in last three semester of upper div bio)
Urm, mexican immigrant
-Hospital volunteer 200hr
-30 Hr CSUN Clinic volunteer/ shadowing
- Csun Chicano community medicine club 1 yr
- 1yr animal shelter volunteer
-Currently tutoring underserved kids (3hr/wk)
-currently volunteering at food bank (3hr/wk)
-Research 100hrs at CSUN lab
-Played soccer highchool/semipro
-Worked in construction during undergrad (airconditioning)
-Shadowed MD cardiovascular surgeon (12hr)

Nothing special in my opinion but this is what got me the interview! I hope it can help out everybody!

Reactions: 1 user
Not at all! Ill put ill put everything so it can help out everybody
I have 3.09 cgpa 3.22 sgpa, CSU Northridge (3.60, 3.8, 4.0 in last three semester of upper div bio)
Urm, mexican immigrant
-Hospital volunteer 200hr
-30 Hr CSUN Clinic volunteer/ shadowing
- Csun Chicano community medicine club 1 yr
- 1yr animal shelter volunteer
-Currently tutoring underserved kids (3hr/wk)
-currently volunteering at food bank (3hr/wk)
-Research 100hrs at CSUN lab
-Played soccer highchool/semipro
-Worked in construction during undergrad (airconditioning)
-Shadowed MD cardiovascular surgeon (12hr)

Nothing special in my opinion but this is what got me the interview! I hope it can help out everybody!

Good luck on your interview!

Am I the only one getting really anxious?

Reactions: 1 users
Also anxious applicant to UCI.. I sent all my documents by Feb 12, but my application is still pending bc my transcript hasn't been uploaded. I know it's been sent because I contacted my undergrad. Will people whose applications are still pending still be considered for UCI? It's the one I'd like to do most because I love the area and it's so close to home. Anyone else in the same situation with their documents? My emails and phone calls to UC Davis have gone unanswered.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also anxious applicant to UCI.. I sent all my documents by Feb 12, but my application is still pending bc my transcript hasn't been uploaded. I know it's been sent because I contacted my undergrad. Will people whose applications are still pending still be considered for UCI? It's the one I'd like to do most because I love the area and it's so close to home. Anyone else in the same situation with their documents? My emails and phone calls to UC Davis have gone unanswered.

You’ll want to check with the Consortium or even Individual Programs. I believe the deadline for a complete application so that Programs will accept it is 4/1

We're all pretty anxious, but I can assure everyone there is still time and opportunities. I want to add to this to give some ease.
*These are approximates and may change yearly, let's do our best to keep each other updated :highfive:
UCI has two interviewers, session is 40 min long
-Interviews are sent out after priority deadline 3/1 to the first week of 4/1. There's still 2 weeks left to interview [fingers crossed]
-Acceptances take 1-2 weeks sent by email, rejections sent out by email in mid April
UCD- first interview session is on Skype (20 min long), 1-2 weeks later second interview is in person both group and individual interviews.
In both cases applicants are called to interview, if one doesn't pick up it is followed by interview confirmation details by email.
-Interviews usually sent starting first week of 4/1 and continue mid April for interview dates in mid April. Second interviews are a week later in late April or first week of May.
-Acceptances 1-2 weeks from second interview, unsure how acceptances are received
UCSF- two interviewers, session duration unknown
-Interviews usually sent out early to mid April continuing to first week of May
-Acceptances usually 1-2 weeks from interview, Rejections sent by mid May
UCR- I don't know much about...whether its individual or group interviews. Seem to favor UCR students or those interested in UCR community.
-Interviews usually sent out late May
-Acceptances first week of June

Hope this helps, if I miss something hopefully someone can fill in!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
This is highly upsetting. I understand they are short staffed but March 15th has come and gone and they are misplacing/still uploading application materials of many people. My materials were all sent in the same day well before the deadline and everything is uploaded except one LOR. I hope myself and others are not excluded from UCI's early deadline as well as the normal March 15 deadline for other schools.

This is highly upsetting. I understand they are short staffed but March 15th has come and gone and they are misplacing/still uploading application materials of many people. My materials were all sent in the same day well before the deadline and everything is uploaded except one LOR. I hope myself and others are not excluded from UCI's early deadline as well as the normal March 15 deadline for other schools.
The central center (application processors) apparently notifies the schools about the delays in uploading documents.

Any updates ?
I'm getting compulsive with checking this forum . So much anxiety !

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Any updates ?
I'm getting compulsive with checking this forum . So much anxiety !

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I had a much needed day at an isolation tank. Still checking my email and the forum twice a day to not overdo it.

Interviewed yesterday at UCI they said they will let us know by Mid Apr. Im guessing they're wrapping interviews up soon. Goodluck everyone!

When you all submitted your application, did you receive any confirmation emails from the UC Consortium?

I also read (either in this forum or cycle 15-16) that someone received an email notification when their application status became "complete". I never got any emails from the program, did you?

My application was complete 3/16...never received any confirmation emails. I actually had to call in to get it manually marked "complete"

When you all submitted your application, did you receive any confirmation emails from the UC Consortium?

I also read (either in this forum or cycle 15-16) that someone received an email notification when their application status became "complete". I never got any emails from the program, did you?

Nope I didn't. I don't believe we receive email confirmations when the Consortium application is complete.

I emailed the UCI program about the people who got their application complete after the priority. They said they will read all the ones marked complete before March 15th! She also said interviews are happening until mid-April so there is still hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Yaay this is good news, there's still hope to interview! It's my top choice as a commuter. My friend interviewed 3/16 and she hasn't heard back

I emailed the UCI program about the people who got their application complete after the priority. They said they will read all the ones marked complete before March 15th! She also said interviews are happening until mid-April so there is still hope!

Do you think UCI is aware of the delay/staff-shortage issue at the main office? I'm getting a bit nervous because my application was submitted 3/14 but it wasn't marked complete until 3/16. All of my documents were sent back in February though. I hope they will read my application even if it's marked complete one day after 3/15.

Someone said the main office notifies them but if they specifically told you "before 3/15"... it's making me worried .

Do you think UCI is aware of the delay/staff-shortage issue at the main office? I'm getting a bit nervous because my application was submitted 3/14 but it wasn't marked complete until 3/16. All of my documents were sent back in February though. I hope they will read my application even if it's marked complete one day after 3/15.

Someone said the main office notifies them but if they specifically told you "before 3/15"... it's making me worried .
I personally doubt it, but that is just me being pessimistic. Hopefully someone has more insightful details.

I applied last school year, but unfortunately my application didn't get complete until April 7. By that point UCI had finished interviews and had sent their acceptance letters to applicants.

Even though my application for 2016 got completed late I got interviews at UCSF and UCD. So there is definitely hope for everyone. It is rolling admissions and I unfortunately didn't get in. This year I made sure to submit my application early. I submitted it January 13 and it got completed February 17. I had an interview at UCI on March 15 and I just received an acceptance letter from them today. Good luck to everyone and don't lose hope!

Reactions: 5 users
Even though my application for 2016 got completed late I got interviews at UCSF and UCD. So there is definitely hope for everyone. It is rolling admissions and I unfortunately didn't get in. This year I made sure to submit my application early. I submitted it January 13 and it got completed February 17. I had an interview at UCI on March 15 and I just received an acceptance letter from them today. Good luck to everyone and don't lose hope!
Congrats on your acceptance! Thanks for the wise words!

I got an email back from UCI and I think they are only going to consider apps the Consortium marked complete by March 15, even if we sent in our apps way before then

I got an email back from UCI and I think they are only going to consider apps the Consortium marked complete by March 15, even if we sent in our apps way before then
I think that very unfortunate...considering I submitted my application 2 weeks before the deadline. Some of the early submissions were from reapplicants so the prompts must have been the same...allowing them to submit their apps earlier. :(

Could you copy/paste what you emailed and what they responded with?

Wait, are you sure? I thought someone said that as long as your app is in and supporting documents are postmarked before 3/15, it'd be fine regardless of the delay. If so, how is that fair for anyone

Wait, are you sure? I thought someone said that as long as your app is in and supporting documents are postmarked before 3/15, it'd be fine regardless of the delay. If so, how is that fair for anyone

My application wasn't complete until March 16th, despite submitting everything about 2 weeks in advance. Time to make new plans since there's no point in waiting for a decision if my application will not be considered.

My application wasn't complete until March 16th, despite submitting everything about 2 weeks in advance. Time to make new plans since there's no point in waiting for a decision if my application will not be considered.
I think for anyone who was marked complete after the deadline you should email the programs directly. When I emailed the UCI Consortium I sent the email Monday and got a reply Wednesday morning so they are responsive.

I think for anyone who was marked complete after the deadline you should email the programs directly. When I emailed the UCI Consortium I sent the email Monday and got a reply Wednesday morning so they are responsive.
I was hoping you could share what they told you? Anything hopeful?

Accepted to UCI! Looks like I'll see you there @Voyaserdoctora
Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
UCI told me:

I apologize for the delay in my response. The admissions committee is still reviewing applications in which all supporting materials were received by the final deadline (March 15) and are considered complete applications. All other applications that were not completed by the March 15 deadline will not be considered for an interview. All application materials must have been submitted directly to the UC Davis/Central Admin Office, not directly to our office– we do not accept supplemental materials.

We are interviewing applicants through mid-April. If you are invited for an interview you will receive an email from our office. All other applicants will be notified of their final status by the end of April/early May.​

I wonder what this means for other schools? Do you think if the applications were not complete by the 15th, UCD, UCR & UCSF will take a similar stance and not review? Almost seems unfair as we all submitted our stuff well in advance of the deadline..

If you don't mind me asking how long did it take for them to get back to you on the acceptance from the interview?
I should make a correction on a previous post I made of my 3/15 interview. I heard back in two weeks.

I wonder what this means for other schools? Do you think if the applications were not complete by the 15th, UCD, UCR & UCSF will take a similar stance and not review? Almost seems unfair as we all submitted our stuff well in advance of the deadline..

I think only UCI is taking this stance. We should be fine for the other schools.

I think what UCI is trying to say is that (and if this is how you've interpreted it, I apologize!), as long as you submitted/mailed your stuff in advance of the deadline, you should be fine even if the central admissions office is still processing them. So long as it's postmarked by March 15th, you should be fine.

I should make a correction on a previous post I made of my 3/15 interview. I heard back in two weeks.
Thanks! so I think they do take roughly two weeks to make a decision. Mind sharing yur experience with them? sorry for being a bit anoying but kinda anxious lol.

I think only UCI is taking this stance. We should be fine for the other schools.

I think your right, I believe other schools havent even begun interviewing so everyone should be ok.

I think what UCI is trying to say is that (and if this is how you've interpreted it, I apologize!), as long as you submitted/mailed your stuff in advance of the deadline, you should be fine even if the central admissions office is still processing them. So long as it's postmarked by March 15th, you should be fine.

To add on top of this; what comforted me about completion status before I found this forum was this quote directly from their page. [see attached image]

Maybe I'm taking it too literally but it did say as long as you mailed your stuff and the office *RECEIVED* it before 3/15, you should be fine. I think when the office receive it, they date it (hopefully).

Attachments

• IMG_3970.JPG
    IMG_3970.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 99