U Toledo vs Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CascadingWaterfalls

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Toledo
Pros: top notch sim center, great facilities, could get in-state tuition after first year, suburban location, could do some rotations at UMich Ann Arbor

Cons: match for specialties seems ok but matched hospitals are not to the 'caliber' of the hospitals that Tulane students match at; most students from Ohio/at least 50% match in Ohio, not true pass/fail

Tulane
Pros: diversity of student body and patients, amazing match list for both specialties and hospitals, true pass/fail, known for its public/global health research, unique NOLA culture, brand new hospital

Cons: expensive, potential for flooding/hurricanes, rather humid

Members don't see this ad.

If it's only 60k more in total over the four years, that's not a huge difference (for med school) and maybe not worth using as the deciding factor. I'd go with the school you liked better (curriculum, opportunities, location, etc.) and felt more of a fit. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I think 60k will eventually be much more after you graduate, so I would consider that a significant amount of debt. However, definitely choose the school you think you'd be happier at.