U.S citizens in Canadian medical schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool72

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me how tough the competition is for U.S citizens who want to go to medicals school in Canada? Especially for someone like me who actually took some science courses in college. I did not do well in them but ended up going back to school after I received my undergraduate degree. My grades were far better than what they were 3 years ago. However those grades are from non science courses. Can the improvement in grades help with the admission process for some Canadian schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Can anybody tell me how tough the competition is for U.S citizens who want to go to medicals school in Canada? Especially for someone like me who actually took some science courses in college. I did not do well in them but ended up going back to school after I received my undergraduate degree. My grades were far better than what they were 3 years ago. However those grades are from non science courses. Can the improvement in grades help with the admission process for some Canadian schools?

You need to have stellar grades as an international... and even at that most schools only accept Canadians/permanent residents. It would be far easier to look at programs in the USA.