U of Missouri/Mizzou EM Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CTtiger

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any information on their EM residency program? Anything at all would be helpful...

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I apologize I didn't see this thread until now. If anyone has any questions about our program I'd be happy to answer them for you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I apologize I didn't see this thread until now. If anyone has any questions about our program I'd be happy to answer them for you :)

Thanks for the offer! How does the program handle the EMS requirements? Are there opportunities to fly or be involved with ground EMS?

Thanks for the offer! How does the program handle the EMS requirements? Are there opportunities to fly or be involved with ground EMS?

We do the EMS requirement by having the interns do ride alongs with EMS during their bootcamp month which covers 4/8 EMS shifts. After that it comes down to finding 4 more times during residency you'd like to ride along. Alternatively you can work a Mizzou football game (SEC football) with the EMS crew and catch a free game while taking care of drunk fans/old ladies that pass out/etc.
Yes we do allow residents to fly just requires some paperwork.