Tulane University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=466147

from my understanding....the program was placed on probation only because the numbers were down 2ndary to the hurricane...Tulane cut the residency from 6 to 4, and University Hospital (the "Charity" hospital system I think they call it) is up and running....so the surgical numbers are very good).

The residency director is rather well known in Glaucoma, the chairmen of the department has been CHAIR since 1970 something...so there is good stability and surgical numbers now. The other benefit that helps with surgical numbers is that there are other hospitals covered giving them rotations in Alexandria LA and Biloxi MS (both VERY drivable)

I think this is a good program that has the potential to be great once full accredation is regranted (expected in Sept 2008...i.e. BEFORE our class starts)

good luck hope this helps

mye eye

any recent insight regarding this program? (besides the continued accreditation with warning)

Members don't see this ad :)
Any input regarding this program is greatly appreciated

Finished training there a few years ago. Had an amazing experience but much of what you get out of training is what you put into it. Tons of surgery if you go after it, great attendings who are really approachable. One of the best program directors in the nation. He really cares about his residents, is super accessible, and will push you to improve in any way he can. If you had more directed questions I could answer as best I can based on my experience but its hard to know without knowing you better.

Reactions: 1 user