Tufts University MBS 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It is cheaper to buy an MBTA pass through the flyer, rather than from the MBTA website. MBTA sells LinkPasses for $84.50/month on their website, which adds up to $338 over 4 months, equivalent to 1 semester. However, if you're buying a LinkPass using the flyer, the rate becomes $75.21/month, which is $253.50 for the entire semester. The difference in price here is 25%, which is as advertised on the flyer.
I was being dumb, I realized where I got confused and came back to delete my question. Thanks for being so kind!

Members don't see this ad.

hi @boston_med & @LA2693, sorry to bother you again! we have our first test coming up this monday and i'm pretty nervous. i've been following the general advice given to everyone "pre-read syllabus before class, re-watch the lecture afterwards, keep up every day/don't fall behind, etc." Which is good to know, but i'm worried i'm not studying/reviewing efficiently. I'm a visual learner - if either of you are - what did you find helped you learn/understand/organize the material needed for the test? Thank you!

hi @boston_med & @LA2693, sorry to bother you again! we have our first test coming up this monday and i'm pretty nervous. i've been following the general advice given to everyone "pre-read syllabus before class, re-watch the lecture afterwards, keep up every day/don't fall behind, etc." Which is good to know, but i'm worried i'm not studying/reviewing efficiently. I'm a visual learner - if either of you are - what did you find helped you learn/understand/organize the material needed for the test? Thank you!

Hi! Sorry for the late reply. The first test is always nerve wracking. I'm not totally sure what kind of learner I am, so I just tried to see the information as much as possible and in different ways. As you get closer to the test you want to start focusing on the material you feel less confident about. Reviewing everything every day would take way too much time! I'd also say rewatching the lectures, unless you're on double speed and find it really helpful because of the visual aspect, is pretty time consuming. I found it better to take good notes on the slides and just review those, and only go back to watch the lecture if there was something I didn't understand or missed the first time. You can also find YouTube videos on a lot of things if you're still having trouble understanding, or ask the professor or TA. To actually study, I would go through the lecture slides a lot, and try to read actively by checking to see if I remembered something before I saw it in the slides. I would write down the things from the slides I felt like I didn't remember very well and study those things on their own after going through the slides. I made a TON of flash cards. Sometimes the lecture slides weren't organized in a way that made sense to me, so I would either write out or type (time saver!) the lecture slides in a format that had a flow that worked in my head. If you're a visual learner you may want to make drawings of pathways, tables, etc to help you.

Since you wrote this on Tuesday...even if it doesn't feel like it, you still had and have a good chunk of time to study for the rest of the week. I usually didn't feel great about where I was study wise until Saturday. Just keep chugging along. I like to tell myself that every new thing I learn is a potential point on the test; it helps me focus when I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the info. Take the practice quizzes, see how you feel, focus on those things you're forgetting. You've been studying a LOT - you know more than you think!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rewrite the review sessions and important info into a study guide, practice writing it out on white boards until you can write it from memory. Use Anki for facts.

curious about tufts and bu mbs programs...

if admitted to either of these programs, what is the linkage rate into their medical schools?

are these 1 year programs?

if I were to start in fall 2017 with these programs, could i get into med school fall 2018 based on my performance in these SMPs?

Hi, I am applying this cycle. I was wondering if anyone was waitlisted last year..?

I think it is time to make a class thread as the masters program application cycle begins.

I'm a current MBS student in my thesis (second) year; I've been accepted and will most likely be matriculating into the Tufts MD Class of 2020; and I've lived in Boston for almost a decade - so I thought I'd be a decent person to field any questions or concerns you applicants have about Tufts and the MBS program, living in Boston, etc.

This isn't my main account so I apologize if it takes a while for me to get back to anyone.

Good luck!
Hi, I was recently accepted to Tufts SMP. How would you rate Tufts in terms of fellowship opportunities, research, financial aid, difficulty, and living costs. I greatly appreciate your input as I need to make a decision between Tufts, Georgetown, and Johns Hopkins HSI. Thank you!

After much debate, I decided to go with UCincinnati's program rather than Tufts. I wish everyone here the best of luck and thank you all for all of your help!

I'm curious to know how and why you made that decision, as I am trying to decide between the two right now

Hello!

I am wondering if there is anyone who was deciding between the Tufts MBS program vs. Case Western MSMP program. If so, what made you decide one way or the other?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 1 user