Tufts 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sooo because I'm an impatient mess, I called them just 5 seconds ago. They said they're still working on decisions, with fingers crossed to have them released by this week. She didn't give me an exact date and I didn't want to press for one, so if we're down on our luck, we might be waiting until next week. We are to receive an e-mail telling us to check our portal once decisions have been released, but don't be checking it obsessively (oops lol)!

Thanks for taking one for the team!! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted IS! Got an email to check my portal

Reactions: 2 users
Also accepted IS!!!!!!!!! The email said "The Admissions Committee has completed its deliberations for some of the applicants" so not all of the decisions might be released yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted out of state! And now to just make a decision... Should be easy, right? :/

Congrats to everyone who got in!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted OOS! Cannot believe it! Sooooo excited!!!

Accepted OOS!!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO excited but I cannot scream as I am still at work !!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a flat out rejection? If not, maybe they just waitlist all interviewees.

Alternative OOS. Dissapointing because it was my last option, but at least we all got this far. Congrats to those accepted.

Same...it's my top choice right now that I interviewed at. Wish I didn't mess it up so badly. :(
It doesn't mean you messed up at all! Honestly I'm a little in shock because I thought I did really well so it just goes to show you never know what exactly they're looking for.

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted OOS!! Trying not to cry in the lunch room at work

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It doesn't mean you messed up at all! Honestly I'm a little in shock because I thought I did really well so it just goes to show you never know what exactly they're looking for.
I'm sorry to hear that :(

I really loved this school so this decision has been super upsetting, more than my rejection. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask how big the waitlist is.

I'm sorry to hear that :(

I really loved this school so this decision has been super upsetting, more than my rejection. I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask how big the waitlist is.
Have you been accepted anywhere else (if you don't mind me asking)?

I am IS and my decision letter said I am an alternate. It also says the IS waitlist doesn't move very much womp womp. I am honestly surprised because I felt this was one of my best interviews and because it's my IS. That being said I am gonna pull myself off the waitlist because I got into Ohio and Minnesota and love both of their schools and with gaining residency there would make going there cheaper than Tufts. Congrats to everyone who got in! Tufts is a great school and I hope my spot on the waitlist goes to someone who really wants to go to their IS school ❤️

Have you been accepted anywhere else (if you don't mind me asking)?
Not at all! I've been accepted to Kansas State, waitlisted at UGA, rejected from CSU, and waiting to hear back from A&M.

I have the comfort of at least knowing I have somewhere to go and I love Kansas State too, but Tufts just blew me out of the water and Boston is the best area for my SO to find a job. There's nothing in Kansas for him right now so I can't imagine 4 years of a LDR...

Not at all! I've been accepted to Kansas State, waitlisted at UGA, rejected from CSU, and waiting to hear back from A&M.

I have the comfort of at least knowing I have somewhere to go and I love Kansas State too, but Tufts just blew me out of the water and Boston is the best area for my SO to find a job. There's nothing in Kansas for him right now so I can't imagine 4 yesrs of a LDR...
Well that's good you got accepted elsewhere. I'm in the same boat, but I was hoping to give my husband options and like I said earlier I really liked Tufts....

Well that's good you got accepted elsewhere. I'm in the same boat, but I was hoping to give my husband options and like I said earlier I really liked Tufts....
If you don't mind me asking as well, have you been accepted anywhere else??

I'm in the same boat! I was looking forward to not being in limbo-land anymore. Guess not :/

I agree, I am on the waitlist for Purdue as well. So more uncertainty and waiting and hoping for a spot.

If you don't mind me asking as well, have you been accepted anywhere else??
I got accepted at Purdue (which I also love) but I understand how lack of options can be difficult with a SO. PM me if you want talk at all :)

Accepted IS!!! Longest wait EVER, so excited! :soexcited:

Accepted OOS and so surprised!! I actually didn't get the chance to interview on campus (I was supposed to but there was a death in the family) so my interview was quite different and I wasn't able to see the campus/facilities. It sounds like everyone really loved Tufts a lot?? That makes me so excited. Already planning a trip to go visit before I have to make my decision!

Congrats to everyone!

For all the waitlisted people out there, I talked to admissions this morning and they made me feel a billion times better!!

They can't tell me how big the waitlist is, but there are about under 400 people that were interviewed (~380). All three decisions were sent out yesterday for interviewees, accepted, alternate, and rejected. There is no telling how this cycle will go, since every cycle is different, but there have been some years where Tufts has gone through the entire waitlist and other years where they've only moved two spots (as with any professional school, they have over-accepted for their 98 seats so they're anticipating that they'll fill most of them). However, Tufts doesn't do ranking as mentioned in their letters - which means they look at all applications again after the April 15th date.

We can't expect any movement on the list in the meantime until then. If you'd like to send them transcripts/letters/new experiences, go for it! They said they'll take anything you want to send them to help your application along (although she did mention letters probably will not help at this point, but grades do seem like they will).

I felt so defeated all throughout last night and this morning, but she definitely made me feel a bit prouder of myself and more hopeful. I hope this helps you guys. :)

For all the waitlisted people out there, I talked to admissions this morning and they made me feel a billion times better!!

They can't tell me how big the waitlist is, but there are about under 400 people that were interviewed (~380). All three decisions were sent out yesterday for interviewees, accepted, alternate, and rejected. There is no telling how this cycle will go, since every cycle is different, but there have been some years where Tufts has gone through the entire waitlist and other years where they've only moved two spots (as with any professional school, they have over-accepted for their 98 seats so they're anticipating that they'll fill most of them). However, Tufts doesn't do ranking as mentioned in their letters - which means they look at all applications again after the April 15th date.

We can't expect any movement on the list in the meantime until then. If you'd like to send them transcripts/letters/new experiences, go for it! They said they'll take anything you want to send them to help your application along (although she did mention letters probably will not help at this point, but grades do seem like they will).

I felt so defeated all throughout last night and this morning, but she definitely made me feel a bit prouder of myself and more hopeful. I hope this helps you guys. :)

I am also waitlisted... here's to hoping a lot of the accepted go to other schools! Lol. :)

Accepted OOS!! Never thought this day would come, and so excited - looking forward to meeting some of my future classmates in the Fall!!!

Reactions: 4 users

Just wanted to double check, they said people on the waitlist won't hear anything until April 15th right?

Just wanted to double check, they said people on the waitlist won't hear anything until April 15th right?
I think it's actually April 17th. I called to get some info as well. They said if there are some people "lagging" on accepting before then, the committee may send out invites earlier than that, but it is unlikely. They will pull from the waitlist until classes start for next year, though it's more likely that we will hear around the end of April. Also keep in mind that aid is offered first-come first-serve, so the financial aid package for those off the waitlist may be less than ideal or it may be just fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Could any current students give some suggestions and/or comments on the DVM/MPH program? I am very interested but the application is like a now-or-never thing, and I don't really want to take on so many things from day 1 (or even from this summer...). I really want to do well on the DVM part in my first year and potentially use Tuesday afternoons to work in the wild life clinic.

So do you think it would be a doable program?

Hey all- looking for advice re physics. It doesn't say online that Tufts only requires 6 credits and no labs, can anyone confirm this for me? I think I have an email about this somewhere, but I can't find it, and the office hasn't gotten back to me yet to say for sure. I'm currently taking Physics 2 online to complete a lab requirement that I needed for other schools I applied to, but if Tufts for 1000% sure doesn't need it, then I'm dropping it, since I already accepted my seat.

Thoughts??

Hey all- looking for advice re physics. It doesn't say online that Tufts only requires 6 credits and no labs, can anyone confirm this for me? I think I have an email about this somewhere, but I can't find it, and the office hasn't gotten back to me yet to say for sure. I'm currently taking Physics 2 online to complete a lab requirement that I needed for other schools I applied to, but if Tufts for 1000% sure doesn't need it, then I'm dropping it, since I already accepted my seat.

Thoughts??
It doesn't? I was pretty sure it said that on the website, and on VMCAS where we associated classes with pre-reqs. I'm currently in physics II lecture and do not have any physics lab credits, so I'm kind of banking on it not being required.

Best bet is to email Ford or someone else in admissions :)

sent from ma fone

It doesn't? I was pretty sure it said that on the website, and on VMCAS where we associated classes with pre-reqs. I'm currently in physics II lecture and do not have any physics lab credits, so I'm kind of banking on it not being required.

Best bet is to email Ford or someone else in admissions :)

sent from ma fone

It just says 2 classes of physics - for the class I'm taking and also for the ones at my undergrad the lab was required and not separate (I just withdrew out of it when I decided not to apply to vet school before).

BUT if you're not taking a lab then I feel pretty confident not to take it either! I just want to soak up all my free time I have left before I have to cram my brain full of facts and I can't make myself finish this class if I don't need it!

BUT if you're not taking a lab then I feel pretty confident not to take it either!

Fingers crossed we're not both barred from starting in the fall due to non-completion of pre-reqs ;)

(Seriously though, I'd rely on the school for the final word, since I don't know what your particular physics courses look like and how Tufts would interpret the credits).

sent from ma fone

(P.S. Excited to meet you! Are you going to admitted students day in March?

P.P.S. I hope for your sake they say you can drop physics lab...I'd drop this lecture class like an overheated hot pocket if they said I didn't need it haha)

sent from ma fone

(P.S. Excited to meet you! Are you going to admitted students day in March?

P.P.S. I hope for your sake they say you can drop physics lab...I'd drop this lecture class like an overheated hot pocket if they said I didn't need it haha)

sent from ma fone

I haven't decided yet. I went to the Cornell info day last weekend and my plane had an unexpected pressure loss and we had to emergency land, and now I'm feeling kind of off planes (I live in Florida), buuuut on the other hand I now have a free plane ticket. So I'll probably wait till the absolute last minute to decide.

I haven't decided yet. I went to the Cornell info day last weekend and my plane had an unexpected pressure loss and we had to emergency land, and now I'm feeling kind of off planes (I live in Florida), buuuut on the other hand I now have a free plane ticket. So I'll probably wait till the absolute last minute to decide.
Yiiiiikes glad you're OK! I am not a good flyer -- I don't blame you for not wanting to hop right back on a 30,000ft anxiety bus

sent from ma fone

Yiiiiikes glad you're OK! I am not a good flyer -- I don't blame you for not wanting to hop right back on a 30,000ft anxiety bus

sent from ma fone

I still had to fly back home the next day, and everything was fine of course, but now I just feel weird about it. Telling people the story makes me feel way scared-er than I did in the moment!

But with the accepted day, do you think most people are planning to go?