Travel nursing...a few questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southerngirl100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a few questions about travel nursing. First, how plentiful are the opportunities for nurses who hold BSNs to do this and is the pay really that much better than that of a typical nursing job? Is it true that travel nurses could complete one travel assignment and then take maybe a monthlong vacation each year prior to starting another job? What are other pros and cons of doing travel nursing?

Members don't see this ad.

I have a few questions about travel nursing. First, how plentiful are the opportunities for nurses who hold BSNs to do this and is the pay really that much better than that of a typical nursing job? Is it true that travel nurses could complete one travel assignment and then take maybe a monthlong vacation each year prior to starting another job? What are other pros and cons of doing travel nursing?

There are 109 travel nurses at the hospital I work with. To find out about opportunities I'd contact travel nurse staffing agencies and see what jobs they have open and how much they pay. And yes, you can work as little or as much as you want.

Reactions: 1 user