transition year personal statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yoyohomieg5432

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you write a personal statement for TY or prelim years? I've asked some people and they said they basically just used the same personal statement as for whatever field they were applying to but just added a paragraph about how the TY year would benefit them. Is that the standard? Or how are these typically written?

Members don't see this ad.

how do you write a personal statement for TY or prelim years? I've asked some people and they said they basically just used the same personal statement as for whatever field they were applying to but just added a paragraph about how the TY year would benefit them. Is that the standard? Or how are these typically written?

I don't think the personal statement will change much because obviously the end goal is not completing a prelim or transitional year. I'm not sure about how LORs go. My LORs all reference the field I am applying to, does anyone know if I need to have my LORs rewritten so they only talk about why I'm a great candidate to complete a transitional year at your program?