TPR MCAT Online Diagnostic Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockersoccer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just finished taking the TPR MCAT diagnostic test without studying any of the material, and it seemed particularly brutal. I got a 498 (lol) but I figure that isn't too bad for not looking over anything? One of my friends said that the TPR diagnostic was difficult, but should I be concerned?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll get more responses over in the MCAT discussions. TPR, from my memory, isn't a particularly good resource in terms of practice exams. Their practice exams focused too much on memorization and not enough on bigger picture concepts and critical thinking. That's if it hasn't changed from last year.

Reactions: 1 user
TPR practice test is completely over complicated and requires way more memorization than the real test. In my experience, every resource except Khan Academy and the Official AAMC Practice Test was either too hard or too easy

to give you some perspective, my real MCAT was 16 points higher than the TPR practice test, but only 2 points lower than the Official AAMC one. so when you are ready, take the aamc one, it will be closer to your real score

Reactions: 1 users
Ah you're right, I probably should've posted this somewhere else. Thanks for the input though! I figured it was nothing to worry about since I hadn't reviewed the material, and I heard it was harder than the actual MCAT. Gives me good motivation to study though!

Members don't see this ad :)
TPR practice test is completely over complicated and requires way more memorization than the real test. In my experience, every resource except Khan Academy and the Official AAMC Practice Test was either too hard or too easy

to give you some perspective, my real MCAT was 16 points higher than the TPR practice test, but only 2 points lower than the Official AAMC one. so when you are ready, take the aamc one, it will be closer to your real score
How did you find its CARS section to be? Obviously there's no memorization here so I was jw if this section was more accurate

i mean still not as representative; frankly I think part of it is they just don't make good questions, at least imo. some were unclear or some I even could see two answers or had bad explanations.

I got the same CARS score on my real test as the aamc practice test, though

Reactions: 1 user
I can't seem to access the solutions to the demo test. I have my score report but can't you review the test with explanations? Or does that take time to generate?