TouroCOM-NY Harlem Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss.P

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to matriculate here in the fall and looking forward to meeting everyone. Has anyone else decided and paid their deposit yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm excited to matriculate here in the fall and looking forward to meeting everyone. Has anyone else decided and paid their deposit yet?

I'm excited too! I just paid my deposit. :)

I was accepted and submitted my deposit as well. :) Has a Facbeook group been formed? Anyone receive an type of email confirmation, besides the payment?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you guys don't mind sharing what were your stats for those of you that applied and were accepted?

What is everyone's plan for housing?

Hello everyone! Congrats on getting accepted into the program!!!!!
If you are looking for a place to stay while taking the summer courses at TouroCOM, I am subletting my room for the summer (Jun-Aug). Please let me know if you are interested.
The place is $700/month (mostly including everything), 6th floor walk-up. The place is on 145th st, which is 20 blocks away from school. It's 2 subway stops away from school, or you can take the bus (10 minutes).
I'll leave my mattress, pots, pans, plates and everything so you don't have to worry to purchase additional things. It's a very good deal if you are looking for a place to stay for a headstart of the program.

What is everyone's plan for housing?
I'm waffling between finding roommates in a place near school or just shelling out a painful amount of money for a small shoebox that they call studio apartments. I am definitely open to suggestions though!

I'm waffling between finding roommates in a place near school or just shelling out a painful amount of money for a small shoebox that they call studio apartments. I am definitely open to suggestions though!
If it's roommates you're looking for, I am looking as well! :)

Did you guys get a link to the FB page yet? If so was it through email? I am anxious to start looking for housing!

Reactions: 1 user
Did you guys get a link to the FB page yet? If so was it through email? I am anxious to start looking for housing!
Realistically housing in NYC, for even as early as a June move-in date, is done about a month before hand. Usually, places that are under current lease won't go on the market until closer to the move-in date, meaning May/June for June/July. In any case, I'm with you on the excitement/anxiety for the Facebook group to open up...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Guys I'm so excited to move to NYC and start school.

Reactions: 1 users
Bloop! Looking forward to NYC too! From California, where is everyone else from? I am also looking for roommates and moving in July! =P Just waiting for the magical facebook group to appear

Reactions: 1 user
Bloop! Looking forward to NYC too! From California, where is everyone else from? I am also looking for roommates and moving in July! =P Just waiting for the magical facebook group to appear
San Jose, California!

Is there a facebook group?
Nope. I've been pretty confused by everyone asking if a Facebook group has been made haha. Is that something we're waiting for Touro to make, or are we supposed to make the group ourselves? I don't see a group for class of 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019. Are they secret?

Nope. I've been pretty confused by everyone asking if a Facebook group has been made haha. Is that something we're waiting for Touro to make, or are we supposed to make the group ourselves? I don't see a group for class of 2016, 2017, 2018, or 2019. Are they secret?

There absolutely is a Facebook. Scroll back a few pages and the link is in this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
The Dean Jerry Cammarata an audiologist and crooked politician escaped charges for prison by political ties after stealing money from a local hospital before resigning and joining touro. Google "Jerry Cammarata coney island" its the 2nd link.

A POLITICALLY con nected former execu tive at Coney Island Hospital who held down four part-time jobs couldn’t account for 124 hours of time he claimed on his hospital time sheets and has been docked nearly $10,000.

But Health and Hospitals Corp. officials are taking no other action against Jerry Cammarata, who retired from his $150,000-a- year post in January.

Cammarata, who has ties to the Staten Island Republican Party, was slapped with a $1,500 fine last week by the Conflicts of Interest Board because two of his part-time jobs were with firms that do business with the municipal hospital system, a violation of the City Charter.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

Ana Marengo, an HHC spokeswoman, said investigators found problematic entries on Cammarata’s time sheets after he left.

The problems were serious enough that he would have been “terminated immediately” had he not already left the payroll voluntarily, officials said.

The Post reported in January 2006 that Cammarata earned between $71,000 and $175,000 extra in 2003 working four part-time jobs, two in teaching posts and two as a speech pathologist, in addition to his full-time duties at Coney Island Hospital.

That led the HHC to launch an investigation, which took more than a year to complete.

“We found some 124 hours of questionable time and in the absence of sufficient explanation from him, we deducted nearly $10,000 from his accrued sick and vacation balance,” Marengo said.

“This closes our review.”

She said she couldn’t provide any further explanation of the time-sheet discrepancies, which amount to more than three weeks’ worth of salary.

The Dean Jerry Cammarata an audiologist and crooked politician escaped charges for prison by political ties after stealing money from a local hospital before resigning and joining touro. Google "Jerry Cammarata coney island" its the 2nd link.

A POLITICALLY con nected former execu tive at Coney Island Hospital who held down four part-time jobs couldn’t account for 124 hours of time he claimed on his hospital time sheets and has been docked nearly $10,000.

But Health and Hospitals Corp. officials are taking no other action against Jerry Cammarata, who retired from his $150,000-a- year post in January.

Cammarata, who has ties to the Staten Island Republican Party, was slapped with a $1,500 fine last week by the Conflicts of Interest Board because two of his part-time jobs were with firms that do business with the municipal hospital system, a violation of the City Charter.

in-art-countdown-icon-128x128x3s.gif

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

in-art-soundanimation-icon-41x48.gif

Ana Marengo, an HHC spokeswoman, said investigators found problematic entries on Cammarata’s time sheets after he left.

The problems were serious enough that he would have been “terminated immediately” had he not already left the payroll voluntarily, officials said.

The Post reported in January 2006 that Cammarata earned between $71,000 and $175,000 extra in 2003 working four part-time jobs, two in teaching posts and two as a speech pathologist, in addition to his full-time duties at Coney Island Hospital.

That led the HHC to launch an investigation, which took more than a year to complete.

“We found some 124 hours of questionable time and in the absence of sufficient explanation from him, we deducted nearly $10,000 from his accrued sick and vacation balance,” Marengo said.

“This closes our review.”

She said she couldn’t provide any further explanation of the time-sheet discrepancies, which amount to more than three weeks’ worth of salary.
Shocking !

I am a current 3rd year at Touro NY. I am reaching out to see if any members of the class of 2020 would like to join my clssmates in a COCA complaint