This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steezy554

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, wanted to start a thread for the entering class of 2016. I'm from Florida and pretty excited to be living in NYC & going to Touro. The masters program seems great there. Anyone else attending?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
how difficult is the program? I got in, is it hard to get a 3.5?

Hi everyone, I just got invited to an interview for the MS program in NY. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips about the interview and the MS program itself! thank you :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, wanted to start a thread for the entering class of 2016. I'm from Florida and pretty excited to be living in NYC & going to Touro. The masters program seems great there. Anyone else attending?
Hi everyone, I just got invited to an interview for the MS program in NY. I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips about the interview and the MS program itself! thank you :)

Hi,

I was not accepted into the program yet, I have an upcoming interview as well. From what I have heard, the program consists of medical school classes, we are required to attain a 3.5 overall gpa and pass a cumulative exam at the end of the year. I have a friend that completed the program and matriculated into the DO program. She said that it was fair if the work was put in. Also, I have heard that the interview is very laid back and more of a conversation where they try to analyze your personality.

Hi,

I was not accepted into the program yet, I have an upcoming interview as well. From what I have heard, the program consists of medical school classes, we are required to attain a 3.5 overall gpa and pass a cumulative exam at the end of the year. I have a friend that completed the program and matriculated into the DO program. She said that it was fair if the work was put in. Also, I have heard that the interview is very laid back and more of a conversation where they try to analyze your personality.
Thank you too much! Keep me posted on how it goes:) I will do the same. Maybe we both get accepted!! I have an interview next month in the City and for Middletown I didn't hear anything yet

Thank you too much! Keep me posted on how it goes:) I will do the same. Maybe we both get accepted!! I have an interview next month in the City and for Middletown I didn't hear anything yet
No Problem. I wish you the best of luck with your interviews. Hopefully we get a chance to be a part of the program!

Hey, I just got an interview offer to Touro too (but Middle town campus). Any more hints of how the interview will be? More detail on how hard is it to get to their master program? As far as the admission to their DO program goes, it is my understanding that if we make 3.5 GPA or more, and pass their comprehensives exam, we will gain admission to their program. Is this right?

Hey, I just got an interview offer to Touro too (but Middle town campus). Any more hints of how the interview will be? More detail on how hard is it to get to their master program? As far as the admission to their DO program goes, it is my understanding that if we make 3.5 GPA or more, and pass their comprehensives exam, we will gain admission to their program. Is this right?
hey! I don't know much just waiting for my interview but you got it. for the class of 2017-2018 only top 35% will get into the medical school. that is what it says on the website. So, I'm guessing regardless of the 3.5 it will all be based on the best 35%. Overall I think and I am interested in this program because it is a great way to prepare for medical school since you are basically doing what a first year medical student would or more :) Good luck with the interview

hey! I don't know much just waiting for my interview but you got it. for the class of 2017-2018 only top 35% will get into the medical school. that is what it says on the website. So, I'm guessing regardless of the 3.5 it will all be based on the best 35%. Overall I think and I am interested in this program because it is a great way to prepare for medical school since you are basically doing what a first year medical student would or more :) Good luck with the interview
Thanks good luck to you as well! I hope everything goes well.

Hey guys,

Apartments are really expensive around the campus. Is anyone interested in sharing an apartment during the 2017-2018 year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a phone call from the program director, hoping this is to schedule an interview. Any tips or thoughts from people who've already interviewed?

Just received a phone call from the program director, hoping this is to schedule an interview. Any tips or thoughts from people who've already interviewed?
hey do not be afraid of the interview, be confident about who you are and what you have done. You will be fine :) let me know how it goes

Did you mean the top 35 students? That is what I read on the website on multiple pages. I interviewed the last week of April and got my offer letter the following week. I am going to accept and attend in Harlem this fall.

The interview was very laidback and didn't seem to follow much of a set structure. Those interviewing me informed me after that they play an advisory role to the admissions committee and that they will not be deciding whether or not you get in. It seemed to me that they were there more for a judgment of character and personality. They will ask you about your background (school, clinical experience, research) and interest in medicine. Also be prepared to discuss osteopathic medicine/why osteopathic medicine. They also asked me about what happened with my MCAT. I did like that they were very interested in my research experience and that was a highlight of my interview. They encouraged me to continue research, while highlighting the abundant opportunities that exist in NYC. Interview lasted about 30 minutes.

I had my interview 2 weeks ago and it was verbatim what Dr4Cure said. Very laid back, just to get an idea of the person behind the resume and grades. I received acceptance to the Harlem campus a couple of days ago, so they tend to get back to you within a couple of weeks from your interview. Don't be nervous, just be yourself!
Also, does anyone know if there's a facebook group for the incoming master's students? I want to try to coordinate living arrangements soon, since I'm from Florida and will have to fly out early to check some places out.

I had my interview 2 weeks ago and it was verbatim what Dr4Cure said. Very laid back, just to get an idea of the person behind the resume and grades. I received acceptance to the Harlem campus a couple of days ago, so they tend to get back to you within a couple of weeks from your interview. Don't be nervous, just be yourself!
Also, does anyone know if there's a facebook group for the incoming master's students? I want to try to coordinate living arrangements soon, since I'm from Florida and will have to fly out early to check some places out.
SimplyPPDr said there was a Facebook group. However, I have been unable to find it. I am coming from Seattle, Washington and would love to coordinate on a place as well!

SimplyPPDr said there was a Facebook group. However, I have been unable to find it. I am coming from Seattle, Washington and would love to coordinate on a place as well!
Hey guys, there is a group. In my email of acceptance, there was also a link to the group. Not long after requesting to be a part of it, they accepted.

Hey guys, there is a group. In my email of acceptance, there was also a link to the group. Not long after requesting to be a part of it, they accepted.
is this after you sign the letter and send it back? or in the initial response letter?

Hi!

Hey are you currently attending Touro in Harlem??

I was accepted to the College of Pharmacy and I'm on the fence. If I do attend, I'm coming from NJ, and I may need roommates.