Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahh wait listed. I didn't feel like my interview was that strong though. At least it's not a rejection!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed, but that's alright because I got into my top choice

I have an interview on December 5th. I was happy about it, now I'm wondering if it is too late for an actual spot...

Last edited:
I have an interview on December 5th. I was happy about it, now I'm wondering if it is two late for an actual spot...

That should be fine. Still early in the cycle. Anyone who got accepted yesterday unable to register for their Touro One account?

That should be fine. Still early in the cycle. Anyone who got accepted yesterday unable to register for their Touro One account?

I had an issue. I emailed the help peoplz and they fixed it up licketty split. Believe me they want that 2 grand just as much as you want to solidify your spot.

Reactions: 1 users
I will be withdrawing my acceptance. That 2k down in 2 weeks is painful :(

I withdrew my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you wonderful people.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone payed the deposit yet and wouldn't mind explaining to me the reasons why they are picking the school? I have a couple days left to pay the deposit and am pretty sure I am going to do it but any reasons why you are picking the school might make feel better about forking over the 2k. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone payed the deposit yet and wouldn't mind explaining to me the reasons why they are picking the school? I have a couple days left to pay the deposit and am pretty sure I am going to do it but any reasons why you are picking the school might make feel better about forking over the 2k. Thanks!

I just paid it yesterday, I don't know about you but I had a pretty good experience on interview day. The students seemed to really enjoy the program thus far. There seems to be plenty of faculty support. I also really enjoyed the area being from a suburb of a major city myself it felt like home, lots of retail close by and things to do. Touro is pretty well established name across the country and for the time being TUNCOM is only med school in the area so I think that will provide quality rotation opportunities.... I also like the idea of being able to stay put for 3rd year and maybe shipping out somewhere 4th year.... the facilities weren't all the great but sounds like they are growing, plus I love basketball and will definitely play against TUCOM lol

I don't know about you but I really want to be a doc and this being my only acceptance thus far the 2k was worth the solidified spot while I wait to hear from other programs in the long run 2k won't be much although it does hurt now

I just paid it yesterday, I don't know about you but I had a pretty good experience on interview day. The students seemed to really enjoy the program thus far. There seems to be plenty of faculty support. I also really enjoyed the area being from a suburb of a major city myself it felt like home, lots of retail close by and things to do. Touro is pretty well established name across the country and for the time being TUNCOM is only med school in the area so I think that will provide quality rotation opportunities.... I also like the idea of being able to stay put for 3rd year and maybe shipping out somewhere 4th year.... the facilities weren't all the great but sounds like they are growing, plus I love basketball and will definitely play against TUCOM lol

I don't know about you but I really want to be a doc and this being my only acceptance thus far the 2k was worth the solidified spot while I wait to hear from other programs in the long run 2k won't be much although it does hurt now

Thanks for your reply! That does help. We can be basketball buddies at school then and beat TUCOM!

I will be canceling my interview here once I get off work. It is on Nov 14 in the AM. Hope one of you can snag it!

Just cancelled my interview here-- hope one of you guys get it! It's a great school and I hope someone gets my interview spot to become an awesome physician!

How's the TUN curriculum? I heard it's changing, but I haven't really found much from recent threads.

How's the TUN curriculum? I heard it's changing, but I haven't really found much from recent threads.

I'm curious about the specifics of this as well. At the interview day they basically just said in general there are trying to make things much more hands on year 2 and really dial back the lectures. Also, they have the general vs specialty track thing but I can't find any info on the individual tracks.

Anyone else interviewing on Dec 5th, PM block? Shoot me a message. :)

Good luck to everyone applying to and interviewing at this school! :happy:

I'm curious about the specifics of this as well. At the interview day they basically just said in general there are trying to make things much more hands on year 2 and really dial back the lectures. Also, they have the general vs specialty track thing but I can't find any info on the individual tracks.
Also, I remember them saying it will be a system based curriculum. The new dean is from Kansas City and he implemented that type of curriculum. I'm pretty sure that's what they said. I could be wrong because all of these interviews start running together lol

Also, I remember them saying it will be a system based curriculum. The new dean is from Kansas City and he implemented that type of curriculum. I'm pretty sure that's what they said. I could be wrong because all of these interviews start running together lol

What made you interested in the school? It seems that there's not too much about the school itself, with respect to the curriculum.

Received an II just now after being complete for two months.

What made you interested in the school? It seems that there's not too much about the school itself, with respect to the curriculum.
The professors that interviewed me were awesome. I shadowed a physician who graduated from KCU where the new dean is from and she said he is awesome and she loved the curriculum. They have specialty tracks and very good connections with the local hospitals for rotations. Most curriculums are very similar and not much different unless you go to a school with Problem Based Learning. Also, you can PM me if you wanna know more

Can any current students chime in on the laptop requirement? Are we free to sell it after we receive it? Or do we have to use it for some of the courses?

Can any current students chime in on the laptop requirement? Are we free to sell it after we receive it? Or do we have to use it for some of the courses?
Not a student but what makes you think you'd be able to sell it if they require you to have it? Lol

Laptop comes preloaded with software that the school uses for exams. If you transfer the software to another computer and use that for an exam and for some reason you are having an issue you are screwed. If you have the school laptop they will have IT try to fix it or find another way for you to take the exam. One guy had his hard drive crash and they removed the old one and gave him a new one on the spot and he was able to take the exam. Some people use it for exams only and whatever laptop for everything else. It is a requirement so for me it really is not worth it.

From what people tell me it is going to a system base curriculum. If you want how it will be run roughly look a KCUMB. That is where our Dean is from. The DO20s will be experiencing the new curriculum next year. They get to experience some of the old curriculum and new. I think it is for the better. There are specialty track for clinicals. Basically if you are interested in the track they offer and you have good grades you might be selected for it. I believe FM surgery and a few other fields. I don't know much about it but I believe your 3/4 years will be focused more on those fields.

Is it possible for a current student at TU to personal message me? I have an interview on Nov 28th and have some questions to field. Thanks!!!

You will need to use it to take tests. If you have a non-school issued computer and you show up on test day with a macbook with computer issues, you're SOL

Just got the email, straight up rejected me pre-II. GG

Still don't know if I'll ultimately end up at TUNCOM, but TUNCOM for sure had the coolest set of fellow applicants of everywhere I've interviewed at.

Just got the interview wait list email

Anyone know how promising this is for a II?

Really hoping for a good outcome!

Another "pre interview waitlist/hold".... 3rd one this cycle and no interviews yet :(

any idea if TUNCOM's pre interview waitlist actually sees any movement? and if so when??

Looking through the handbook online, the school said that a significant portion of the classwork is created to help the community. Does anyone know specifically how the school does this?

Staying at Holiday inn today!

Was wondering if anybody else interviewing tomorrow was also staying at Holiday inn.

Last edited:
There is a new dean at the school so the program is changing for better. He was from KCUMB-COM. He started February and is implementing a lot of changes. The DO2021 class will have all new curriculum for 1st and second year. The DO20s right now have some of the newer changes but mostly the old curriculum, however they will be under the new curriculum when they are 2nd years. It is going to system based I believe. Don't know all the details but good questions to ask. Also the new Dean is a #s guy and he wants our COMLEX scores up and better residency placement. Las Vegas sucks weather wise but lots of stuff is open 24 hours and you also have the strip to unwind after a test. The school, like I said, seems to be changing for the better and they do want you succeed. You will on your interview date have a chance to talk to 1st and 2nd year students with no staff listening in so ask your questions there and also on the tours if it is a student showing you around.

If I remember how they break down for the day: you have the first part as talks about the school why Touro, meet the Dean etc. Then you have 1/2 of the group go for interviews while the others on tours. Then you switch around. Interviews will be two faculty for I think 20 minutes. Sometimes they like to play bad cop, like why did you not take this course or that course etc, but if you have interviews in the first month it is really yours to throw. After the interview/tour you will all meet back up and the student panel will start and then they serve cheese pizza and soda/water. I was able to fly in the night before and flight out right after my interview with no issues.
Hi vlazlo! I recently got accepted to Touro NV and I had a couple questions regarding the school. I was wondering if you could direct message me to answer some of my question! I'll forever be grateful. Thanks!

I submitted secondary late Sept. and emailed them mid Oct and admissions told me I'm still under review. It's been about a month now since that email. Is it normal to wait that long for completion status or should I email/call them back?

Interview waitlist, I don't know what that mean. :confused:

Just submitted the deposit! Anyone here from the Halloween afternoon interview?

Just got the interview wait list email

Anyone know how promising this is for a II?

Really hoping for a good outcome!

Hey did you get the email saying "Thank you for your continued interest in Touro University Nevada! Your application is in the final review stage and soon you will be notified with the next decision." I just wanted to know if that could indicate a preinterview hold or a possible interview.

Have interview coming up in december. Can anyone give some tips and what questions to expect. Greatly appreciate any help .

Have interview coming up in december. Can anyone give some tips and what questions to expect. Greatly appreciate any help .

You start the day with a group presentation, the woman presenting to us happened to have an admissions position so be sure to make a good impression. Then some people will start interviews and others will go on tour. Interview is only 20 minutes and very conversational with one or two faculty members, it flys by so be prepared to answer thoroughly but kinda quickly. After that they have kosher lunch (pretty good pizza) and have a student panel. Ask a lot of questions and be yourself is my only tip.

does anyone know if class of 2021 has a facebook page? I wasnt able to find one