Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think I remember seeing someone asking this in a previous cycle's thread, but did anyone else get an email for the MHS program at Touro?

Yep I did.

Also does anyone know historically what the % of people get off the waitlist and if there is much movement?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think I remember seeing someone asking this in a previous cycle's thread, but did anyone else get an email for the MHS program at Touro?
Do you think they invite all waitlisters? It seems silly to have us apply to an MHS program knowing that theres a chance we wil be accepted off of a waitlist...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they invite all waitlisters? It seems silly to have us apply to an MHS program knowing that theres a chance we wil be accepted off of a waitlist...
I was waitlisted and haven't been invited to the MHS program...

Reactions: 2 users
Placed on waitlist last week and haven't heard anything yet, but it's still early for me. Does anyone know what the chances are of getting accepted after interviewing so late (last interview date in May).

Also I can't remember if they rank the waitlist early June or Mid-June?

Any current or past MHS student from NV shed more information about this program? Class of 2018 will have 60 seats.
How many will get into DO?
MCAT/GPA of those who got into DO after MHS?
How's the living, close to school or further, is it safe area?
What are the good apartments to live in?
What's the cost including everything?
Need car or not?

Dropped my acceptance today. It seems like a really good school and they have an excellent match list. Good luck to you guys. I hope one of you get it!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any waitlisted people heard back? There's been a lot of activity at other schools but nothing from Touro NV....

Dropped my acceptance today. It seems like a really good school and they have an excellent match list. Good luck to you guys. I hope one of you get it!

Accepted off the waitlist this morning, thanks porc!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted off the waitlist about 2 hours ago!! :)

Reactions: 7 users
It's always a good idea to keep the school posted. All of your updates get saved in your file. It could get you over the fence if you're waitlisted or even an interview if they're still looking for more candidates. Doesn't hurt to put in the extra effort.

Ya I meant LOI or updates in activities/continued interest updates

I agree and have been updating but I noticed recently in my waitlist email that they did not want updates. Hope it doesn't hurt me

I agree and have been updating but I noticed recently in my waitlist email that they did not want updates. Hope it doesn't hurt me

They only accept academic updates post-interview. Don't think it'll hurt you, they probably just won't add it to your file for consideration.

Does anyone happen to know where a pdf of the first year schedule can be found?

Is anyone going to opt out of the school's health insurance? $448.5 a month is pretty steep.

Is anyone going to opt out of the school's health insurance? $448.5 a month is pretty steep.

I agree that this is pretty steep. Do any current students opt to use medicaid or an alternative provider? If so any recommendations?

I agree that this is pretty steep. Do any current students opt to use medicaid or an alternative provider? If so any recommendations?
I looked into Medicaid but it's not an option if you have been working in 2017. In addition, you have to waive the school's insurance by July which is approaching. However looking into the details of the coverage, the plan being offered is very good. A $250 deductible is very small and they cover 100% of procedures. So basically it make sense why it's so expensive.

Has anyone seen any movement? Or any idea when the next batch goes out?

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me posting here. Will be an orthodontics resident at Roseman in Henderson, NV. Looking for 2 roommates to join me at my house. Rooms share jack-jill-bathroom. Plenty of parking and close driving distance to school. Here is a link to my Craigslist ad if interested:

$600 Room for Rent in Henderson (6 Month Duration)

Thanks for looking!

I looked into Medicaid but it's not an option if you have been working in 2017. In addition, you have to waive the school's insurance by July which is approaching. However looking into the details of the coverage, the plan being offered is very good. A $250 deductible is very small and they cover 100% of procedures. So basically it make sense why it's so expensive.
I don't that's entirely true unless you've made more than ~16k in the past year. If you made under than that you're still eligible for medicaid.

Hi congrats on those accepted!!!
I'm a P1 student and I have a room to rent in Henderson near school and in one the best areas of Henderson. It has a spacious room. Great gym and pool. It's $575 or person plus shared power and gas
I cover water. Please let me know if your interested message me at[email protected]

Hi congrats on those accepted!!!
I'm a P1 student and I have a room to rent in Henderson near school and in one the best areas of Henderson. It has a spacious room. Great gym and pool. It's $575 or person plus shared power and gas
I cover water. Please let me know if your interested message me at [email protected] or 8189741590

Congrats to people who's been accepted off the waitlist!

So I applied for Medicaid and I got a denial letter not too long ago. I think it's because until June 2017, I made more than $20,000, which probably is the reason why. I am not too sure about when I would be eligible for medicaid (later this year? Next year?) Does anyone know when we can apply again?

My understanding is we can do Medicaid once 2018 hits cuz then our income will officially be 0.

Congrats to people who's been accepted off the waitlist!

So I applied for Medicaid and I got a denial letter not too long ago. I think it's because until June 2017, I made more than $20,000, which probably is the reason why. I am not too sure about when I would be eligible for medicaid (later this year? Next year?) Does anyone know when we can apply again?

Any waitlist movement as of late for anyone?

I will be withdrawing my acceptance to this school.
I hope for the best to whoever gets my seat in the class and that they enjoy Touro Nevada as much as I wanted to :)

Reactions: 5 users