Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know about how many seats are left? I just received an unexpected II and want to see if attending is worth it. Thanks in advance!

There isn't a definite answer to that because people turn down their seats even after paying a deposit. There's usually a lot of shuffling towards the end of the cycle. It's always worth interviewing even if there's only a few seats left unless the travel is out of your budget.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I was looking into housing yesterday and it looks like we can we can see when the units are available....the ones I saw were available in March and April, so I guess we should wait a bit more haha

Yeah! I went and checked out a few apartments on acceptance day and they said to check availability and pricing ~90 days before you plan to move in.

Yeah! I went and checked out a few apartments on acceptance day and they said to check availability and pricing ~90 days before you plan to move in.
Any specific apartments that you liked?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know about how many seats are left? I just received an unexpected II and want to see if attending is worth it. Thanks in advance!

Were you ever placed on hold? Wondering what the chances are getting off a pre-II hold are.

Anyone interviewing on April 3rd? I'm assuming it's the last interview date.

Just accepted by email, interviewed 3/6!

Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted. Does anyone know when about movement starts on the waitlist?

Does anyone have access to the 2021 FB page? My deposit got processed awhile ago, so I emailed Tag but he didn't reply. I don't wanna bother him too much, but I'd love to reach out to potential housemates!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know who I should email to withdraw and acceptance? Thanks.

Hey does anyone know if this school is still giving out interviews? I applied in September and just got an email today that my application is in review?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Nvm just got II

I was placed on II hold in December

Last edited:
Did anyone else unexpectedly receive a mousepad saying Touro on it today? Lol

Last edited:
So I missed the AACOMAS academic update deadline yesterday. I had a couple summer classes in progress and my transcript in aacomas doesn't show that I received my bachelor's degree. I have already been accepted and paid my deposit.. does anyone know if this will be an issue? I'm hoping I could just send my updated transcript directly to the school, and that they don't require it through aacomas.

Did you call the school and ask?

So I missed the AACOMAS academic update deadline yesterday. I had a couple summer classes in progress and my transcript in aacomas doesn't show that I received my bachelor's degree. I have already been accepted and paid my deposit.. does anyone know if this will be an issue? I'm hoping I could just send my updated transcript directly to the school, and that they don't require it through aacomas.

Was placed on hold early December, received an interview invite today! So excited to go back to Vegas lol

I emailed Tava about withdrawing my acceptance but she never replied or gave me any notice that she received the email...for those that did the same did you get a response? I just want to make sure it got through to her.

I emailed her a week ago about something else and received an automatic response that she wouldn't be in town until the 19th so maybe she's still going through her emails

What are the deposit deadlines? Just wondering if there will be any more waitlist movement...

For those who turned in the immunization packet, did the school ever send back a confirmation that they received it or if it was completed correctly?

EDIT: I just got a confirmation email about a week after turning it in letting me know that they got it, but won't be reviewing it until after they finish with the programs that start earlier

Last edited:
Has there been any waitlist movement? Seems a little early.

Just got accepted off the Waitlist earlier today! Interviewed 3/20, waitlisted 3/31, received acceptance email today.

Will likely be declining (going to Touro-CA since it's closer to family), so hope it goes to someone here!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted from 04/03 interview.

Hey there!
I know this has been asked a few times already, but does anyone have any info on the Facebook group for accepted students? I was looking at last year's thread and it seemed to have been created around March--just wanted to make sure I didn't miss it! Thanks in advance, and good luck to everyone!

I'm confused. When I called and asked if May 8 was the last interview date available I was told yes, but people are mentioning May 22nd being the last. Unless they decided to wrap things up earlier, since they decided to get rid of the afternoon slot for May 8 as well. Anybody know?

Got in today off the waitlist. Interviewed 4/3 so there's hope. I had a high mcat though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my acceptance today so there's another open seat! Good luck to everyone Waitlisted!

Just got the academic calendar. Does anyone know if we have to go to the June summer orientation or just the August DO orientation? Gah so stoked for all of the school holidays.

Waitlisted, interviewed 04/24. I was really impressed with the school and loved the atmosphere. Hope I get some good news over the next couple of months.

Withdrew from my seat today! Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the academic calendar. Does anyone know if we have to go to the June summer orientation or just the August DO orientation? Gah so stoked for all of the school holidays.
Would you mind telling me the dates for the orientation?

I think I remember seeing someone asking this in a previous cycle's thread, but did anyone else get an email for the MHS program at Touro?