Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody get II waitlitsted post secondary?
I wonder how likely it is that I'll be offered an interview..

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey does anyone know if Touro provides test prep materials or if we should go out and by Comlex/Usmle books? I have some relatives trying to get me books as gifts but I don't want to have doubles if the books are included with all the fees. Thanks.

Any questions you want to ask about the school from me? I'm going to graduate in 4 months!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an interview on the 21st, just withdrew my app. Good luck to you all!

Hey does anyone know if Touro provides test prep materials or if we should go out and by Comlex/Usmle books? I have some relatives trying to get me books as gifts but I don't want to have doubles if the books are included with all the fees. Thanks.
From what I remember during my interview, COMLEX review through KAPLAN is included. but not USMLE, they said this was because the material is the same.

Accepted! About how long after getting the unofficial notice of acceptance did it take to get the official acceptance email with all the instructions and info?

So is there a link to the facebook group yet?

Tis a dell =/ You can also bring your own laptop for unit exams (I recommend it!)

I agree with @vlazlo that choosing the school you feel is best for you is the most important thing. only you can determine the factors which are most important to you.

my personal (and very subjective) reasons for declining my seat are:
- personal feel during interview day. unfortunately I felt that the entire day was rather geared towards pitching the school to the students rather than addressing student concerns. of course a main goal of every school is to do this, but I felt like that atmosphere here was much more pronounced than at other schools I interviewed at, and I wasn't a fan.

The main part about TUN is that we have a friendly atmosphere...students get to know one another in each of the programs and you form tight cohorts within your own proram.

- the emphasis was board scores, board scores, and more board scores.

Board scores ultimately determine which profession you get into. USMLE/COMLEX step 1 and step 2 determine your future...so studying is #1, but balance it with a life outside of school :)

- general approach of staff and students seemed to be glossing over some areas where TUN may be lacking rather than being transparent about them. for example, when a student asked about the research opportunities available, the answer was something along the lines of "we're working on it but research isn't that important when considering residencies anyway, so don't worry about it." when another student asked whether the non-P/F grading scheme was stressful, the response was "you shouldn't choose a school based on whether the grading scheme is P/F anyway." it felt condescending and somewhat belittling. I get it -- thinking your school is awesome is fundamentally important for both personal and professional reasons, but that kind of dodginess is something I didn't feel that I jived with.

NOT TRUE -_-, Touro has the necessary facilities to do research. I am conducting research with one of the professors of Touro right now. You just need to find an idea of interest or ask a professor to join on to one of their projects.

o_O. you probably had students who were studying for exams. Our grades are not P/F until you get to 3rd/4th year for clinicals. For the 1st two years, you are given a GPA based on your percentage. This is good in that you are motivated to work for your grades. P/F just means that you can slack off and get by to get your classes over with.

- the student ambassadors who answered questions towards the end were really low-energy. this may just have been the fact that it was late and they had had a long day of classes, but it didn't end the day on a high note or do anything to offset the not so great feelings I'd had the entire day.

o_O? There is also a morning interview session...consider that the ambassadors are also working during this time as well.

- the warehouse feel made me pretty depressed

It looks like a Costco warehouse. There is also a Costco on Stephanie/Sunset Rd...I also recommend the hot dogs/pizza. Very Kosher and delicious :)

- some personal interactions with the staff and admissions office made me hesitate.

Why?

my interviewers were great and I enjoyed meeting many of the other interviewees. I really liked the henderson area and proximity of las vegas (plus it is really close to home for me), but ultimately I didn't feel like TUN and I were a good fit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can any students who already interviewed/accepted or current TUNCOM students comment on the school community/atmosphere? In terms of what its like outside of class, student organizations, community outreach, research, and what types of changes are coming for the curriculumn? Interviewing here Monday and would like to know a bit more about these things. Couldn't find a ton of specifics on the website

Duh. I will be done in May. You can ask me...

Tis a dell =/ You can also bring your own laptop for unit exams (I recommend it!)

I heard exams are in blocks every 5-6 weeks. So it's like a big finals week of exams? They're updating the curriculum with the new Dean will the exam style stand?

Thoughts on submitting secondary now with LizzyM > 70?

Also, is the school holding to (what I've read in the past) that you HAVE to have 2 science letters even if you submit a committee letter? (This is not the case w/ Touro CA for example).

Thoughts on submitting secondary now with LizzyM > 70?

Also, is the school holding to (what I've read in the past) that you HAVE to have 2 science letters even if you submit a committee letter? (This is not the case w/ Touro CA for example).

You should try calling the school to double check

From what I remember during my interview, COMLEX review through KAPLAN is included. but not USMLE, they said this was because the material is the same.

Don't go with kaplan unless you want to. Other plans available include boards boot camp, Northwestern (idk name?), doctors in training, or UFAP (solo studying),

So, much like JonnyQuiznos, I am finishing school here in a few weeks and am willing to share some insight if anyone wants to know. I will disclose that the best advice I have ever received was from Touro itself. Go there first if you have a problem as they have the best resources to give advice, but also check with your upper classmates, because they have the most recent experience. Also, Touro is NOT perfect; I have gotten my share of stress from them as well, but nothing that was un-fixable.

What is yr 1 and 2 like: Hard, but not impossible. Structure has changed since I was there so can’t help answer specifics. It is truly a fire hydrant of info but I promise you that you can drink the volume down. It’s not easy but neither was getting into medical school. You can and will do it. Classes were 8 to 5 M-Th, 8-3 F most weeks. Some of the class went to all classes, some avoided classes and went to the library to study, some just studied from home via Mediasite. It will be your call for the most part unless it’s a req class (OMM, Anatomy lab, etc). Use OASIS to help plan study techniques and abandon the ones that don't work. Seek help soon, often, early, and openly - this is med school, not coloring book school, it’s meant to be hard so it’s ok to struggle. Make friends, don't always discuss med school (just kidding, good luck going 10 min without approaching the topic now), and maintain balance. Looking back, it sucked but it was also a really fun time where I got to learn the stuff I always wanted to know.

• Don’t pre-learn anything, it won’t help.........really, it won’t help. Don’t do it! Put that book down. You have 4 yrs ahead of you to study; enjoy your time off now.
  • DO NOT BUY BOOKS (see bullet points below). You don’t need this year’s version of First Aid yet. There is time for that. Take things as they come.
  • OMM.....you will get it, eventually. trust me, trust your OMM faculty. You will “feel the release”. You will be amazed. Unfortunately, you might not get a lot of opportunity to do it in 3rd and 4th yr though.
  • Touro has an open door policy, use it. it has tutors, utilize them, there are plenty of extra resources.
  • Please go to club day, sign up for some clubs, some even come with free books with membership (so don’t pre buy books - don’t buy any books actually)
  • From the previous point, find someone a yr ahead of you with a flash drive that has all of the books you will ever need for med school and save some cash. It will make the sting of the $2k laptop that the school makes you buy hurt less.
  • Yes, there is plenty of time. No, it won’t feel like it at first. Yes you will adapt. I am far, far, far, far, far from the best student, you will be fine, it will just take lots of stress and work. Far, far, far from the best student………far! Very far…….very {I did match my 1st choice though in a competitive specialty}{You will be fine, the school and your preceptors will teach you well}.

Where should you live:

• Henderson is an easy decision, especially living right by school, but I have noticed that the apartments by campus have noticed the student flood as well and have increased rent accordingly. The place I rented near school was $750/mo when I was there and is now $920 for no real reason other than the influx of students. Currently I rent a very large house in Green Valley Ranch (a very nice neighborhood). The place was originally $1850 but I was able to negotiate a 2.5 yr contract and reduce the rent to $1600/mo. (that saved me $7500 – and I had an ability to void the contract if I needed to). It’s a crazy jump in rent cost I know, but it is a 4 br, 3 bath house with 3500 sqft with a nice yard and my personal living situation changed dramatically during second year. The reason I bring it up is because 2 to 3 classmates can rent a property like this and negotiate a 2 or 4 yr long term lease which would ultimately save them lots of money and provide a much better living situation ( it allows pets, allows having an isolated quite study room/office, allows having a guest room for visitors (and its Vegas, you will have lots of visitors, not for you, for the LV Strip, but they will need to sleep somewhere), and allows you to split cost making it far below the $950 1 br/1bath apartment rent) (I can explain how to negotiate this w/ a landlord if anyone is interested – as a med student, you are an extremely low risk borrower now).
  • A long term lease is also excellent for anyone coming here with kids and a family already. Over 4 yrs, staying in the same place with locked in reduced rent can save you ($250x48mo=12K). The trick is finding a landlord willing to make this deal. I know that the place I am in right now, the land lord is willing to make the same offer to another Touro student/students when I leave in May.
  • Summerlin is another option, a more expensive option, but it is closer to most of your rotations during yrs 3 & 4. It will cut down your drive time and it is a slightly nicer part of town but it will also isolate you geographically from the rest of the class that will most likely stay in Henderson. Also the cost is a bit higher, but not extremely higher.
  • Some people also moved into the city of Las Vegas itself and into Spring Valley, both are OK and closer than Henderson to rotations but everywhere other than Henderson requires a move during third year. My drive from Henderson to most rotations takes approx 20 min and the worst is Nellis AFB or the VA which are 40 min and and 1 hr respectively (both are not required rotations so you can avoid these drives if you want)
  • The benefits of living near school are that you can walk to school and avoid the parking fee. In yrs 3 and 4, you will never be on campus unless you work there or if you have a test/ random weekly didactic so there is no real benefit then. The benefit of living away is that you have a physical and psychological distance from medical school. For me that was important and helpful. I also almost exclusively used mediasite so going to school was not very important to me

Where will you take boards? Anywhere you want but if you are doing it in LV, it will be here: 2190 E Pebble Rd #220, Las Vegas, NV 89123

What is yr 3 like? OK, you will have made it past step I, COMLEX with or without USMLE (I didn’t take USMLE) and now the fun begins. You will rotate in inpatient and outpatient settings for a variety of specialties and this is truly a great time in Med school. Every rotation will be followed by an exam for the subject and may or may not have a didactic section during the month depending on the specialty you are on that month. The first 6 months are like candy. You put on your white coat or scrubs and go to work. People will call you Doctor, you will correct them, especially when you realize the safety that the word "student" before the word doctor provides. You will make mistakes, you will have victories, and you will fall in love with every specialty (or hate everything other than what you already wanted to be). The second half of 3rd year you realize that you have step 2 coming up, time to pace up studying (you won’t because it’s too easy to procrastinate until 3 months out), time to start reaching out to 4th year programs for audition rotations, getting ready for the COMLEX PE and now is when you need to start deciding what you want to be for the rest of your life.

• Yes, you can do all of 3rd year in the Las Vegas Valley - there may be some changes by the time you are in 3rd yr, but I doubt that any changes will be major
  • What are the hospitals that you will rotate in? Please feel free to google for more info about each hospital and the list is not complete but I have been to: Valley Hospital, UMC, Summerlin Hospital, Spring Valley Hospital, St. Rose Sienna Hospital, St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Nellis AFB, the VA Hospital, North Vista Hospital, Seven Hills Hospital.
  • Everyone’s experience will be different but I would place my education to be on par with any other medical student that I have met during my audition rotations out of state.
  • There will also be a shared document that the class ahead of yours should have made that gives some "extra" info about preceptors to help you pick who you want to rotate with.
What is yr 4 like? After step 2, the concern is the residency, so now your focus is audition rotations, and then the match. Once that is done, you find yourself on SDN writing long posts because you have free time and wish someone had posted something like this for you 4 yrs ago.

I know that I missed things, and I know that there are gaps in info. The best source of info will always be the school itself but if its small stuff, I will try and respond. JonnyQuiznos has also been quite active here so if he doesn’t answer it, I will try to chime in unless asked directly to answer something. For those of you who have gotten in, congrats, for those of you still waiting to hear back, good luck.

Reactions: 19 users
So, much like JonnyQuiznos, I am finishing school here in a few weeks and am willing to share some insight if anyone wants to know. I will disclose that the best advice I have ever received was from Touro itself. Go there first if you have a problem as they have the best resources to give advice, but also check with your upper classmates, because they have the most recent experience. Also, Touro is NOT perfect; I have gotten my share of stress from them as well, but nothing that was un-fixable.

What is yr 1 and 2 like: Hard, but not impossible. Structure has changed since I was there so can’t help answer specifics. It is truly a fire hydrant of info but I promise you that you can drink the volume down. It’s not easy but neither was getting into medical school. You can and will do it. Classes were 8 to 5 M-Th, 8-3 F most weeks. Some of the class went to all classes, some avoided classes and went to the library to study, some just studied from home via Mediasite. It will be your call for the most part unless it’s a req class (OMM, Anatomy lab, etc). Use OASIS to help plan study techniques and abandon the ones that don't work. Seek help soon, often, early, and openly - this is med school, not coloring book school, it’s meant to be hard so it’s ok to struggle. Make friends, don't always discuss med school (just kidding, good luck going 10 min without approaching the topic now), and maintain balance. Looking back, it sucked but it was also a really fun time where I got to learn the stuff I always wanted to know.

• Don’t pre-learn anything, it won’t help.........really, it won’t help. Don’t do it! Put that book down. You have 4 yrs ahead of you to study; enjoy your time off now.
Only do this if....don't even bother.
  • DO NOT BUY BOOKS (see bullet points below). You don’t need this year’s version of First Aid yet. There is time for that. Take things as they come.
Policy may change as classes will get into "book reading" more into the future.
  • OMM.....you will get it, eventually. trust me, trust your OMM faculty. You will “feel the release”. You will be amazed. Unfortunately, you might not get a lot of opportunity to do it in 3rd and 4th yr though
Not true! Touro has an OMM clerkship, OMM friendly preceptors, and other opportunities to do it in 3rd year. You just have to look if you are interested in the field.
  • Touro has an open door policy, use it. it has tutors, utilize them, there are plenty of extra resources.
  • Please go to club day, sign up for some clubs, some even come with free books with membership (so don’t pre buy books - don’t buy any books actually)
Agreed. You don't have clubs in your life, you will increase your stress at Touro.
  • From the previous point, find someone a yr ahead of you with a flash drive that has all of the books you will ever need for med school and save some cash. It will make the sting of the $2k laptop that the school makes you buy hurt less.
Laptops are dell -_-...bring your own.
  • Yes, there is plenty of time. No, it won’t feel like it at first. Yes you will adapt. I am far, far, far, far, far from the best student, you will be fine, it will just take lots of stress and work. Far, far, far from the best student………far! Very far…….very {I did match my 1st choice though in a competitive specialty}{You will be fine, the school and your preceptors will teach you well}.
Don't listen to the advice of studying 24/7. You need a life outside of school. For me, I hang with classmates and do BJJ. Embrace your passions that got you into med school...you will need it.

Where should you live:

• Henderson is an easy decision, especially living right by school, but I have noticed that the apartments by campus have noticed the student flood as well and have increased rent accordingly. The place I rented near school was $750/mo when I was there and is now $920 for no real reason other than the influx of students. Currently I rent a very large house in Green Valley Ranch (a very nice neighborhood). The place was originally $1850 but I was able to negotiate a 2.5 yr contract and reduce the rent to $1600/mo. (that saved me $7500 – and I had an ability to void the contract if I needed to). It’s a crazy jump in rent cost I know, but it is a 4 br, 3 bath house with 3500 sqft with a nice yard and my personal living situation changed dramatically during second year. The reason I bring it up is because 2 to 3 classmates can rent a property like this and negotiate a 2 or 4 yr long term lease which would ultimately save them lots of money and provide a much better living situation ( it allows pets, allows having an isolated quite study room/office, allows having a guest room for visitors (and its Vegas, you will have lots of visitors, not for you, for the LV Strip, but they will need to sleep somewhere), and allows you to split cost making it far below the $950 1 br/1bath apartment rent) (I can explain how to negotiate this w/ a landlord if anyone is interested – as a med student, you are an extremely low risk borrower now).
Rent a condo near the school. I recommend the view at black mt as prices start at 1100/month for 2 bed/bath. Apartments are also a good option, but go with what you can afford.
  • A long term lease is also excellent for anyone coming here with kids and a family already. Over 4 yrs, staying in the same place with locked in reduced rent can save you ($250x48mo=12K). The trick is finding a landlord willing to make this deal. I know that the place I am in right now, the land lord is willing to make the same offer to another Touro student/students when I leave in May.
  • Summerlin is another option, a more expensive option, but it is closer to most of your rotations during yrs 3 & 4. It will cut down your drive time and it is a slightly nicer part of town but it will also isolate you geographically from the rest of the class that will most likely stay in Henderson. Also the cost is a bit higher, but not extremely higher.
Not really....if you have clerkships in summerlin, it will make sense. Driving times from Henderson to your clerkship sites adequate most days of the week. Here's a general time frame for driving from Touro to the hospitals

Touro to Valley - 20 to 25 minutes
Touro to Mt. View hospital - 30-35 minutes
Touro to Southern Hills Hopsital - 20-25 minutes
Touro to Sunrise hospital - 20 minutes.

If you can beat these times, have a police scanner.

• Some people also moved into the city of Las Vegas itself and into Spring Valley, both are OK and closer than Henderson to rotations but everywhere other than Henderson requires a move during third year. My drive from Henderson to most rotations takes approx 20 min and the worst is Nellis AFB or the VA which are 40 min and and 1 hr respectively (both are not required rotations so you can avoid these drives if you want)
  • The benefits of living near school are that you can walk to school and avoid the parking fee. In yrs 3 and 4, you will never be on campus unless you work there or if you have a test/ random weekly didactic so there is no real benefit then. The benefit of living away is that you have a physical and psychological distance from medical school. For me that was important and helpful. I also almost exclusively used mediasite so going to school was not very important to me
Parking is and will always be horrible at the school, even with the new parking lots. Passes are purchased on a first come first serve basis (other programs can get them before you, if this happens) every trimester, or the yearly passes. There is also a "free" parking pass which allows you to park on campus after 4 PM

Where will you take boards? Anywhere you want but if you are doing it in LV, it will be here: 2190 E Pebble Rd #220, Las Vegas, NV 89123

Next closest sites are in SLC, St. George, and Los Angeles.

What is yr 3 like? OK, you will have made it past step I, COMLEX with or without USMLE (I didn’t take USMLE) and now the fun begins. You will rotate in inpatient and outpatient settings for a variety of specialties and this is truly a great time in Med school. Every rotation will be followed by an exam for the subject and may or may not have a didactic section during the month depending on the specialty you are on that month. The first 6 months are like candy. You put on your white coat or scrubs and go to work. People will call you Doctor, you will correct them, especially when you realize the safety that the word "student" before the word doctor provides. You will make mistakes, you will have victories, and you will fall in love with every specialty (or hate everything other than what you already wanted to be). The second half of 3rd year you realize that you have step 2 coming up, time to pace up studying (you won’t because it’s too easy to procrastinate until 3 months out), time to start reaching out to 4th year programs for audition rotations, getting ready for the COMLEX PE and now is when you need to start deciding what you want to be for the rest of your life.

The school will "suggest" that you take USMLE to expand the number of residency sites you can apply to during your 4th year. Your dean will give you a talk on this later in the year (if you are accepted)

Choose the right preceptors...ask your higher ups which preceptors are chill. It is possible to have a good 3rd/4th year with a lax schedule and still learn everything you need for Level 2.

• Yes, you can do all of 3rd year in the Las Vegas Valley - there may be some changes by the time you are in 3rd yr, but I doubt that any changes will be major (New med schools opening up in the next few years...)
  • What are the hospitals that you will rotate in? Please feel free to google for more info about each hospital and the list is not complete but I have been to: Valley Hospital, UMC, Summerlin Hospital, Spring Valley Hospital, St. Rose Sienna Hospital, St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Nellis AFB, the VA Hospital, North Vista Hospital, Seven Hills Hospital. Centennial Hills Hospital, Henderson Hospital, The other St. Rose, Sunrise, ,Mountain View Hospital, Montevista.
  • Everyone’s experience will be different but I would place my education to be on par with any other medical student that I have met during my audition rotations out of state. This is not true. Everyone's experiences will be different. Some will have preceptors who treat them like crap, while others will have preceptors who love and adore students. Find the ones for you.
  • There will also be a shared document that the class ahead of yours should have made that gives some "extra" info about preceptors to help you pick who you want to rotate with. This document will be filled out by students who choose to do it...half of the class doesn't even fill it out.
What is yr 4 like? After step 2, the concern is the residency, so now your focus is audition rotations, and then the match. Once that is done, you find yourself on SDN writing long posts because you have free time and wish someone had posted something like this for you 4 yrs ago.

I know that I missed things, and I know that there are gaps in info. The best source of info will always be the school itself but if its small stuff, I will try and respond. JonnyQuiznos has also been quite active here so if he doesn’t answer it, I will try to chime in unless asked directly to answer something. For those of you who have gotten in, congrats, for those of you still waiting to hear back, good luck.

Kudos to the guy who started this post. If you need extra help or more info, feel free to PM me or domainpro. Good luck to everyone!

• OMM.....you will get it, eventually. trust me, trust your OMM faculty. You will “feel the release”. You will be amazed. Unfortunately, you might not get a lot of opportunity to do it in 3rd and 4th yr though.

Where should you live:

• Yes, you can do all of 3rd year in the Las Vegas Valley - there may be some changes by the time you are in 3rd yr, but I doubt that any changes will be major
  • What are the hospitals that you will rotate in? Please feel free to google for more info about each hospital and the list is not complete but I have been to: Valley Hospital, UMC, Summerlin Hospital, Spring Valley Hospital, St. Rose Sienna Hospital, St. Rose Dominican Hospital, Nellis AFB, the VA Hospital, North Vista Hospital, Seven Hills Hospital.
  • Everyone’s experience will be different but I would place my education to be on par with any other medical student that I have met during my audition rotations out of state.
  • There will also be a shared document that the class ahead of yours should have made that gives some "extra" info about preceptors to help you pick who you want to rotate with.

Sorry to pick out such a minor detail but I was under the impression that there is no class on Friday's?

Would you say that most medical schools have 8-5 classes daily as well?

Sorry to pick out such a minor detail but I was under the impression that there is no class on Friday's?

Yup. Friday is from 8-3....some days there might not be any classes (Jewish holidays, classes don't get scheduled due to admin error, day before the unit exam, etc.)

Last edited:

So like I said, "Structure has changed since I was there so can’t help answer specifics." When I was in 1st and 2nd yr, we had classes from 8/9 to 3 pm. The school itself (admin staff, not the building) closed at that time. However, with the new dean and the new curriculum, that may have changed.

Where should you live:

I agree with this.

So like I said, "Structure has changed since I was there so can’t help answer specifics." When I was in 1st and 2nd yr, we had classes from 8/9 to 3 pm. The school itself (admin staff, not the building) closed at that time. However, with the new dean and the new curriculum, that may have changed.

I doubt they will have fridays off if not monday through thursday will be horrible.

The best bet would be to just contact the school! ^.^

Accepted today. Interviewed on 2/21/17!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! I'm going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 4 users
It's on the 2nd right? Do you know what time? I haven't received my official acceptance email yet with all the extra information.
It's on the 3rd from 9am-noon. And congrats on the acceptance!

I doubt they will have fridays off if not monday through thursday will be horrible.

The only exception to this policy is if unit exams are on a monday....the school will give you the day before the exam off. So hope that exams are on monday if you need the time to study.

Is anyone familiar with how movement is on the post-interview waitlist at TUN? From what I've been told by a current student, there is a substantial amount of movement but I was wondering if this was the norm.

Sounds like it's the norm. They only accept a certain number of students and then the remainder come off of the wait list. Movement is around June and July.

Is anyone familiar with how movement is on the post-interview waitlist at TUN? From what I've been told by a current student, there is a substantial amount of movement but I was wondering if this was the norm.
I

Reactions: 1 users
Soooo who is responsible for making an official facebook page for the class? Does one exist yet?

Tagert adds you to the FB group after you're accepted and your deposit is submitted.

Reactions: 2 users
Received a secondary from here a few days ago (took January MCAT). Think there's any point in submitting?

So when is everyone planning on looking for housing? I know in undergrad we had to start looking in the Spring, but I not sure if its as cut throat in Henderson haha.

Does anyone know how strict the deposit deadlines are if I speak to admissions beforehand about paying a day later than the deadline?
I hope that made sense... Haha

So when is everyone planning on looking for housing? I know in undergrad we had to start looking in the Spring, but I not sure if its as cut throat in Henderson haha.
I also wanted to ask this haha

Does anyone know how strict the deposit deadlines are if I speak to admissions beforehand about paying a day later than the deadline?
I would call and ask. I'm sure they would understand. They accepted you which means they want you.

I was looking into housing yesterday and it looks like we can we can see when the units are available....the ones I saw were available in March and April, so I guess we should wait a bit more haha

There is plenty if housing in Henderson. When i initially moved here i drove out in April to look at places and ended up calling a place I liked in May while out of syate and reserving an apartment for July. I took care of all of the paperwork by email and fax. Most single family houses are available during the summer months because thats when most people move regardless of where you live in the USA. But there are plenty of options available throughout the year.

I was looking into housing yesterday and it looks like we can we can see when the units are available....the ones I saw were available in March and April, so I guess we should wait a bit more haha

There is plenty if housing in Henderson. When i initially moved here i drove out in April to look at places and ended up calling a place I liked in May while out of syate and reserving an apartment for July. I took care of all of the paperwork by email and fax. Most single family houses are available during the summer months because thats when most people move regardless of where you live in the USA. But there are plenty of options available throughout the year.

Mostly apartment complexes exist around Touro University Nevada...you can also look online for houses/condos to rent (I recommend this option)

Apartments:
The Vantage
Cielo
The Edge
Elysian

http://www.tunlive.com/about/housing

Just come to the above website....

Does the school help students find roommates (like a questionnaire) or do most people just ask on FB?

Just cancelled my interview for early April. Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know about how many seats are left? I just received an unexpected II and want to see if attending is worth it. Thanks in advance!