Touro University - Nevada (TUNCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essay prompts when available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

I sure hope I'm the only one on SDN applying here lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Haha I figured

Have any of guys/gals get any secondaries yet? My app should be verified in the next week or so.

Hey everyone, I just finished my first year at Touro, about to start my second. I work closely with admissions and will try to answer any questions you have.

Also, go like the "Touro University Nevada Admissions" page to find answers to other questions and tips for applying.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone, I just finished my first year at Touro, about to start my second. I work closely with admissions and will try to answer any questions you have.

Also, go like the "Touro University Nevada Admissions" page to find answers to other questions and tips for applying.
Done! And TYIA!

Word on the street is Touro loves high MCAT scores. Is there a minimum number we should shoot for so that we don't get screened out? Other than the posted school minimums?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Word on the street is Touro loves high MCAT scores. Is there a minimum number we should shoot for so that we don't get screened out? Other than the posted school minimums?

I think every school likes to have high MCAT scores, but the minimum number that is posted is what they use to screen. It's 25 on the old MCAT, 500 on the new one. Here is a link for that and the other requirements: https://tun.touro.edu/prospective-students/admissions/applying-for-admission/do-admission/.

Students in my class have a wide range of MCAT scores, idk if the info on the average is available.

They do like students with lots of extracurricular activities and service. I hope this goes without saying, but make sure that information gets in your secondary.

Hey did anyone receive a secondary yet? I was only verified earlier this week but I thought schools usually sent out secondaries pretty quickly.

Hey did anyone receive a secondary yet? I was only verified earlier this week but I thought schools usually sent out secondaries pretty quickly.
None here! Verified 6/3, LM 60-65

Members don't see this ad :)
Verified 6/10 no dice, I believe they send out secondaries later in the cycle based off last year's thread

A heads up. Next week is the start of orientation for the DO20 students so admissions department is busy right now.

Can you give us any information about Henderson? If you have like it there and such? I'm OOS with a family. Is it easy to find good housing near the school?

Henderson is in a build crazy type of mood right now. Plenty houses near the school with decent rent. One thing I like about the area is their are a lot of playgrounds and parks. Although summers can be brutal, you can combat them with many free splash pads.

Thank you for the response. I was in Las Vegas earlier this year and the people I talked with seemed to think Henderson was pretty family friendly. Which is important for my situation.

Henderson is in a build crazy type of mood right now. Plenty houses near the school with decent rent. One thing I like about the area is their are a lot of playgrounds and parks. Although summers can be brutal, you can combat them with many free splash pads.

Secondary received today.

Secondary! So excited. Love this school!

Can someone post prompts please? I got the email for secondary just cant access now.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

@FCMike11 There's aren't any essay prompts, just asks to regurgitate your employment and volunteer history.

Dam still no secondary here :(

I kind of wish there were some essays to better justify the $100 fee :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users
Seriously, so after doing all this **** for Touro-CA they want me to input THE SAME EXACT STUFF ONCE AGAIN.

I just got my secondary! After an initial rejection.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Secondary submitted!

For whoever asked earlier: there isn't really any actual essays. It asks for your hobbies/volunteering/shadowing/research experience. I had them pre-listed from when I applied to Touro-CA so it was super quick for me.

Good luck everybody!

Secondary received/submitted on 8/3!

Secondary received!

Quick question though- Do I have to use a second account to submit Touro Nevada if I made an account for Touro California?

I read the caps in Homer Simpson's voice because of your picture and it made your comment more entertaining than it should have been.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys quick question. If I have designated recommenders on AACOMAS and they have uploaded their letters on AACOMAS, must I add them again for the TUNCOM secondary? I assume if I add them again they'll receive an e-mail notification, and they are probably tired of request links from me. What did you guys do? Thank you and good luck to all of us :)

+1...it feels so weird being complete and ready so early this cycle
Weird but good. Last year I didn't get my secondaries finished until November, and here I am again this cycle.... So early is a good thing lol.

Hey guys quick question. If I have designated recommenders on AACOMAS and they have uploaded their letters on AACOMAS, must I add them again for the TUNCOM secondary? I assume if I add them again they'll receive an e-mail notification, and they are probably tired of request links from me. What did you guys do? Thank you and good luck to all of us :)

If you carefully read the instructions of the email that Touro sent, you will see that you do not need to enter letters of recommendation.

I got "secondary application received, LOR's under review by admissions committee to ensure they meet our requirements" status update. Never had that before.

I got "secondary application received, LOR's under review by admissions committee to ensure they meet our requirements" status update. Never had that before.

I got that same email today