Touro University Nevada Medical Health Science 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

optopto2727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I got accepted to the MS Medical Health Sciences program in Henderson, NV.
Anyone who have applied/or in the process?

for those who don't know about the program: https://tun.touro.edu/programs/college-of-osteopathic-medicine/medical-health-sciences/

I also got accepted into the MHS program a month or so ago. It seems like a great program, just wondering how many students usually get accepted into the following D.O. class? I have seen some comments on SDN from prior years, but theres not a lot of information about it on the TUN website.
I also saw that the program will be increasing to 60 students this class.

Reactions: 1 user
I also got accepted into the MHS program a month or so ago. It seems like a great program, just wondering how many students usually get accepted into the following D.O. class? I have seen some comments on SDN from prior years, but theres not a lot of information about it on the TUN website.
I also saw that the program will be increasing to 60 students this class.

Yeah I saw the same thing you did on their website. I'm not exactly sure how many students get accepted into the DO class. I'm guessing as long you maintain a GPA of 3.0 you get an interview, and to be competitive, must have around 3.2 or higher... I'm looking into the PA program so I'm not quite positive...

Do you plan on attending the program or are you looking at other programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I saw the same thing you did on their website. I'm not exactly sure how many students get accepted into the DO class. I'm guessing as long you maintain a GPA of 3.0 you get an interview, and to be competitive, must have around 3.2 or higher... I'm looking into the PA program so I'm not quite positive...

Do you plan on attending the program or are you looking at other programs?

I am planning on attending the program. I had found a couple other programs which were mostly post bacc programs, but feel like the MHS program would be my best option of the choices I had.
Do you plan on attending the program as well? Not sure if you were aware of it already or not, but there was a Facebook page created for the class as well.

I am planning on attending the program. I had found a couple other programs which were mostly post bacc programs, but feel like the MHS program would be my best option of the choices I had.
Do you plan on attending the program as well? Not sure if you were aware of it already or not, but there was a Facebook page created for the class as well.
Yeah I do plan on attending. Can you send the link to the FB group?

I am planning to apply! For those who filled out the GPA calculator, do we just fill out prerequisite coursework or ALL of our sciences/math?

I have a friend currently in the program. He said you are curved with the medical school class, and if you are better than 50% of the medical school class (in the top 50%), you will get a seat in the med school. I think his GPA was about a 3.2-3.3 in the program and he is starting DO school in the fall.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got accepted here as well! I was really excited as first but now with the class size increase I'm worried. I asked Charles if there would be a cap on the number of MHS students accepted into COM, and he didn't give me a clear answer. I will call Monday and let you guys know what he says.

So I just got my acceptance email yesterday. I'm wondering if anyone else would be moving from the east coast? Im worried about finding a place to live and whatnot before classes start.

So I just got my acceptance email yesterday. I'm wondering if anyone else would be moving from the east coast? Im worried about finding a place to live and whatnot before classes start.
I'm looking for a roommate too! but moving from AZ!

Members don't see this ad :)
I also received my acceptance this past week! The increase to 60 people worried me as well. Does anyone know the expected MCAT to have a chance at a seat in the DO class? OH and I'm also looking to find a place/roommate :)

Just declined my acceptance. Hope that opens up a spot for someone else! Best of luck guys :)

Hi everyone,
Recently got my acceptance. I'm Pre-PA.
Is there a facebook group for accepted MHS students?

Looking for a female housemate, if anyone is interested send me a message :)

Any more update for this program? How many got into DO prog from last year?

Looking for a female housemate, if anyone is interested send me a message :)
Hey Singstar, found any roommate? I'm sure you have done lot of research which apartments are better rent wise and safe? Can you share housing information or anyone who goes to TUN school?

I have a friend currently in the program. He said you are curved with the medical school class, and if you are better than 50% of the medical school class (in the top 50%), you will get a seat in the med school. I think his GPA was about a 3.2-3.3 in the program and he is starting DO school in the fall.

I heard they changed from this year. You are not competing with DO students. The classes for MHS are totally separate. It all depends how competitive you are. MCAT should be minimum 500.

Would any of you mind sharing your accepted stats?
~Thanks a lot, and CONGRATS! :)