General Admissions & OTCAS Touro University Nevada 2016-2017 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Future OT2Be

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello I wanted to start a thread for Touro University Nevada to see where everyone is at. I just received an email from Charles stating that I have been put on the wait-list and wanted to see if there were others who have been told the same thing. My interview was January 5th.

Members don't see this ad.

I was interviewed on January 12th and was accepted January 20th. I have put down the deposit but I will go to the University of Utah if they accept me. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
I was interviewed on the 5th as well and I'm wait listed too. Hang in there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was interviewed on January 12th and was accepted January 20th. I have put down the deposit but I will go to the University of Utah if they accept me. Best of luck!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well!

Is there anyone here that has been pulled off the waitlist yet? I am just trying to get any idea of when they are notifying the waitlist students this year.

Is there anyone here that has been pulled off the waitlist yet? I am just trying to get any idea of when they are notifying the waitlist students this year.
I'm still waiting, keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm still waiting too! I hope we hear something soon.

I just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has been accepted of the wait list yet. I am so shocked that no one has posted about being accepted off the wait list. It is May, the program starts in July. Do they plan on not giving us any time to prepare?

No I have not heard anything yet! I totally get your frustration because I feel the same way. I'm so close to just shooting Charles an email of when they expect to notify waitlist students.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe all the students who got accepted decided to attend so there are no spots available or maybe admissions haven't made final decisions yet for people on the waitlist. Hopefully it's the latter, but I would like to know soon too.

No I have not heard anything yet! I totally get your frustration because I feel the same way. I'm so close to just shooting Charles an email of when they expect to notify waitlist students.
I am right there with you. However, I emailed him to ask if I was on the waitlist a month after the interview so I feel as though I can not email him again. If you do decide to shoot him an email let me know what he says! I am currently getting ready to apply to a OTA program because Touro is my last shot. So I hope we hear something soon!

Maybe all the students who got accepted decided to attend so there are no spots available or maybe admissions haven't made final decisions yet for people on the waitlist. Hopefully it's the latter, but I would like to know soon too.
I definitely have considered these possibilities as well. If that were the case I wish they would just tell us. I rather just be told that then wait until July 5th to know that I will not be attending.

Finally had the courage to send Charles an email today.
This is what he said: "All waitlist candidates will receive a final status notification before June 1st".

Finally had the courage to send Charles an email today.
This is what he said: "All waitlist candidates will receive a final status notification before June 1st".
Thank you for posting this! It feels good to have an idea as to when we will hear anything. Even if I a not accepted I rather just know. Good luck to all of you!

Hi fellow future OTs,

I am applying this summer for the 2018 school year. I need any tips you may remember from your experience. I don't have any specific questions so just tell me anything you know. However, just one question: When do Touro's application open on OTCAS? On the school website, it says late July, but I want to know the exact date so my referee can gauge their LOR process. Thank you in advance and good luck to you all!

Hi fellow future OTs,

I am applying this summer for the 2018 school year. I need any tips you may remember from your experience. I don't have any specific questions so just tell me anything you know. However, just one question: When do Touro's application open on OTCAS? On the school website, it says late July, but I want to know the exact date so my referee can gauge their LOR process. Thank you in advance and good luck to you all!

I would give your letter writers a date that is around when you will be done filling out all of the sections on OTCAS and when all of your transcripts are received. I think I got all of mine submitted about 2 weeks after OTCAS opened. Basically, create your account and immediately request your transcripts to be sent to OTCAS and for your letter writers to submit. There's a place to add a message to them about your deadlines, etc. While your transcripts are on the way, fill out all of the sections. It took me about 3 days. Submit to get verified asap in case there are any mistakes and so that Touro will be able to look at your app first. It seems like they're one of those programs where applying early is to your benefit. Fyi, I had some trouble communicating with Charles when I had questions (both email and phone). He was never in office. Hope this gets you started. Good luck!

Just so everyone knows. They are starting to call to let people know where they stand. They told me I will probably get an acceptance in the next few weeks. However, I had my name removed from consideration since I have already started a program at the University of Mary in North Dakota. Good luck to everyone!

Just so everyone knows. They are starting to call to let people know where they stand. They told me I will probably get an acceptance in the next few weeks. However, I had my name removed from consideration since I have already started a program at the University of Mary in North Dakota. Good luck to everyone!
Thank you for the update!!

How did they notify you of this update, or did you reach out to them?
Thanks for the update and best of luck at University of Mary!

I'm also waitlisted and called Charles yesterday to ask if people on the waitlist will be notified when not selected to be in the program and he said that "people on the waitlist should hear by the end of this week."

I'm also waitlisted and called Charles yesterday to ask if people on the waitlist will be notified when not selected to be in the program and he said that "people on the waitlist should hear by the end of this week."
Sounds like anyone who hasn't heard back yet, including myself, will not be attending

I got a rejection email this morning saying that all spots are filled and my waitlisted application is closed. I'm bummed.

I got a rejection email this morning saying that all spots are filled and my waitlisted application is closed. I'm bummed.
Same. After going to the school though, I felt unimpressed. I wasnt feeling the vibe of the school. It looked bland and there wasnt any natural lighting, no windows... idk that was something I really didn't like about the building. I'm planning on attending a different program for fall and have one more interview to go for a January start. Best of luck to you!!! :) :)