Touro University - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have any of you already interviewed for class of 2021? I would like to know a little bit about your interview day experience! I am from CA about 1.5 hours away from school so won't need lodging. I understand the interview is about 60 minutes long and in a group setting. How did that work out for you? Anything noteworthy about the school, programs you like, or what interests you about their curriculum, etc. Please share your insights, I can always browse the school website on my own time, but your unique experience is even more valuable to me. Thanks :)

Are they still giving out interviews? Been complete since Nov 17 :(

Accepted after interviewing on 1/23. First acceptance (and probably only) so I'm super pumped!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted this morning. Interviewed on 1/24.

Accepted after interviewing on 1/23. First acceptance (and probably only) so I'm super pumped!
May I ask how was your interview day experience? I am interviewing on 2/27! For example, since TUCOM is really into primary care, is it VERY important to highlight your primary care shadowing or medical experiences in your interview? Thanks :)

May I ask how was your interview day experience? I am interviewing on 2/27! For example, since TUCOM is really into primary care, is it VERY important to highlight your primary care shadowing or medical experiences in your interview? Thanks :)

I didn't even mention primary care - it wouldn't have fit the questions I was asked...and I was accepted. In fact, I had all of half a day of primary care shadowing, because it's not what I'm interested it.

Shadowing is just about making sure you know what being a doctor is actually like. It's not about gaining medical knowledge, or even deciding what field you think you are interested in. I think this is something that trips up applicants. You have to be very careful about staying within the role of being a premed. I.E. you're not trained or licensed to be doing much of anything. This often comes up with overseas volunteering, but also with shadowing you're not there to be learning about medicine or having input. (As this relates to you question about experience/shadowing). So TLDR; no - that doesn't need to be stressed.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Besides the usual interview nervousness, I thought the interview was relaxed. The interviewers made an effort to create a comfortable atmosphere. As for questions, just be prepared to answer anything about your application. They know it really well and will have prepared questions ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they fresh out of interviews?? D=

Reactions: 1 users
II today. Complete 1/24/17.

cGPA/sGPA: 3.57/3.48 MCAT: 31/30 (12 PS, 11BS, 7,8 VR), Avg ECs.

Traditional UC Berkeley grad with immunology major.

Reactions: 1 user
Just received an invitation to complete the supplemental. Is it even worth submitting considering it's so late in the cycle?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just received an invitation to complete the supplemental. Is it even worth submitting considering it's so late in the cycle?

It's worth it! The person who posted before you was complete 1/24 and got an II. And there are tons of interview days left. I'd definitely submit a secondary!

Yup. But to be honest I never thought I would get an II from Touro CA. I think I got it because I graduated from UC Berkeley and my stats are literally the the avg of 2020 class. So I think it depends where you are, what school you went to, and your stats?

But who knows. I don't know that adcom is thinking!

Is their class full yet? Do they have any other interview dates? I was complete back in September but did not hear back from them since then. I have sent in a few updates as well.

Anyone here interview last Tuesday (2/21). How was it? Any general advice/tips would be much appreciated :)

Anyone receive news today?? They said there's a committee meeting and that they'll email us today.

Just so you guys aren't checking constantly like I was, they emailed me around 2:30 Eastern time!

oh whaat. Then maybe some were notified today and the rest of us tomorrow? Were you accepted?

oh whaat. Then maybe some were notified today and the rest of us tomorrow? Were you accepted?
No I think they mean that when they were accepted (earlier in the cycle) it was around 11:30ish pacific time. So we don't waste our time checking before then

Accepted today! I got the email around 10:30ish pacific time. This my first acceptance as a 3rd time reaplicant!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Accepted today! I got the email around 10:30ish pacific time. This my first acceptance as a 3rd time reaplicant!

Good luck to everyone still waiting!!

Accepted as well :) congrats! Im a third time applicant too. We will finally start med school haha

forgot to post this on friday, but accepted as well!!

Are they still offerring interview slots?

For those of you that have interviewed, how much walking is involved during the day? The length of my pantsuit requires me to wear heels, will that be a problem during the tour?

Last edited:
For those of you that have interviewed, how much walking is involved during the day? The length of my pantsuit have requires me to wear heels, will that be a problem during the tour?
I just interviewed 2 days ago..there is not a whole lot of walking involved. The campus tour itself is just 30-45 minutes long and the rest of the day involves sitting down to listen to presentations, interviewing, and eating lunch :) If you have any other questions, feel free to message me personally!

Yup
I just interviewed 2 days ago..there is not a whole lot of walking involved. The campus tour itself is just 30-45 minutes long and the rest of the day involves sitting down to listen to presentations, interviewing, and eating lunch :) If you have any other questions, feel free to message me personally!
Yup! my tour was even shorter than that

Perfect, thank you!

Hi does anyone know what time the interview day ended. Trying to decide when to book my return flight