Touro NY Class of 2019- Harlem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nesmall2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Don't know why I didn't start this before! Truly excited to go here/meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Me too! Have you received any e-mails with the health forms?

I haven't received any information from them except requesting the second deposit. I originally thought I was the only one, but it seems as though they haven't sent it to anyone yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Quick update to anyone who is looking in this thread, I just received financial aid information. I have not received any medical forms or requests for that quite yet.

So excited to make the move to NY!

I posted this in the other thread, but I'm wondering when Touro will post their match results from this year? I'm looking forward to seeing where the graduates go!

I just called today and they said the medical forms should come out this week.

Speaking about moving....when is everybody gonna be hunting for places to live?

My plan is to just buy a one way ticket early July and see what I can find before school.

My plan is to just buy a one way ticket early July and see what I can find before school.
So I was talking to a few current students and friends and they said to start looking in mid May to early June. On the Facebook page current students are already putting up their apartments but only for the summer at the moment.

I'm going into the city mid-May for early June move in, so like 3 weeks beforehand!

Has anyone received their health packets yet? I just received a request for the second deposit and then financial information

Still no word on the health packet...

Anyone figure out where they're planning on staying for the year?

I got my health packet today at 10:25 am. In the letter it states "now that you have [...] made your deposits, your seat is officially secured", so maybe you have to pay your second deposit before you get it? Or maybe everyone will be getting it today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my health packet today at 10:25 am. In the letter it states "now that you have [...] made your deposits, your seat is officially secured", so maybe you have to pay your second deposit before you get it? Or maybe everyone will be getting it today.
OK that makes sense. I made my second deposit yesterday and sent in my letter today so I'll probably get the health packet this week

Still no word on the health packet...

Anyone figure out where they're planning on staying for the year?
Just as @wapiti5 said, I wanted to confirm, you will get your health forms after you have submitted your second deposit. I just received mine, and I had submitted my deposit on Sunday! On the moving end, I think I am going to go look at places in the middle of May. I am hoping it will take about 2 weeks to find an apartment for me and my fiance, and then moving up there in mid-June. Very excited to meet everyone!

I moved to the upper west (about 4 stops from Touro by subway) in December. I used street easy and douglaselliman to find apartments to check out. Although if you are looking for a shared apartment maybe craigslist would be better. The prices are outrageous, but it's New York. If anyone from out of town has some questions I'd be happy to try and help.

Does Touro have an active facebook page or other forum where students discuss renting out housing? I saw an old facebook page but the posts were from 2013.

Does Touro have an active facebook page or other forum where students discuss renting out housing? I saw an old facebook page but the posts were from 2013.
They have a Facebook page for the class of 2019 but not sure about any others. In regards to the 2019 page, I think there have only been two people posting about place to live, and one of them was only for the summer

Reactions: 1 user

Nice! Although I'm showing my general lack of knowledge, mind helping me out in explaining what makes this match list impressive? I counted it up, and I found that 127 people matched, with another 9 people in a TRI. There was also a mysterious unlabeled match in Madigan Army Medical Center. If you add that, that's 139. Not sure what the total enrollment is for the c/o 2015, but it's gotta be around 139 right? So that's good? I can't make heads or tails out of the actual residency placements or # of students in each specialty though.

Impressive because there are some subspecialties like derm/optho that are very difficult/impossible for DO's to get into.

I'm pretty happy with the EM matches. I'm interested in EM/Family Medicine

Hey, guys. I'm in, too! woohoo! Been out of classes for a couple years, so I really want to get moving and watching some lectures to get back into it. Any idea when we get access? Or know where to find list of books needed?

Last edited:
I am not sure. Does anyone know when we register for classes?

I am not sure. Does anyone know when we register for classes?
You should actually be able to register for classes as soon as all your immunization forms are completed. As soon the school received my immunization forms, they sent me instructions for how to register and I was able to do the block registration for my classes

How soon did they get back to you with the instructions?
Fairly quickly. I submitted my information, but I had forgotten to send them a copy of my insurance cards. So I contacted them the following week, and as soon as I sent them that, the registrar sent me an e-mail saying all my immunization forms were complete. Then about an hour later, I received instructions on how to register for classes

Has anyone still not received the immunization forms? I haven't paid the second deposit yet though.

Has anyone still not received the immunization forms? I haven't paid the second deposit yet though.
Same here. I think it's after the second deposit is due...

Same here. I think it's after the second deposit is due...

OK, good. I don't see my PCP until mid-May so I wouldn't be able to turn in the imm forms anyway.
Yea you both are fine, as long as you put in the second deposit before May 15 then you should be fine. I think the other e-mail said that once they give you the forms, you have a month to complete them

hey! I'm looking for someone (Female) to live with starting mid July right before school starts! Let me know if you are interested please!

hey! I'm looking for someone (Female) to live with starting mid July right before school starts! Let me know if you are interested please!
If you take a look on the Facebook page, there is a google docs that has a ton of information of students and what they are looking for. I would suggest you look there.

I submitted my second deposit a week ago, but the only email I received was an automatic receipt notification from [email protected]. Did anybody else get any other email?

Last edited:
They have a Facebook page for the class of 2019 but not sure about any others. In regards to the 2019 page, I think there have only been two people posting about place to live, and one of them was only for the summer
Can you/someone send me the link to the class of 2019 page? Thank you!

Does anyone know what are the date(s) for the orientation and White Coat Ceremony? On the academic calendar on the website, it only states that classes will start July 27, 2015.

Does anyone know what are the date(s) for the orientation and White Coat Ceremony? On the academic calendar on the website, it only states that classes will start July 27, 2015.
I don't think first years get a white coat ceremony. I believe we get our white coat ceremony at the conclusion of second year.

You should actually be able to register for classes as soon as all your immunization forms are completed. As soon the school received my immunization forms, they sent me instructions for how to register and I was able to do the block registration for my classes

Nesmall2, do you have access to first semester lectures now? I can see 2nd semester on Blackboard but not 1st (but haven't completed immunization forms).

Nesmall2, do you have access to first semester lectures now? I can see 2nd semester on Blackboard but not 1st (but haven't completed immunization forms).
Hey @jmc123 I actually was finally able to log into Blackboard today. When I went to the iTunes lectures, I can actually access all of second semester just like you, but for some reason I can't seem to access any first semester lectures. I already completed my immunization records and registered for classes, so I don't think they have fully given us access to those yet...or they are changing them. Excited to meet you and everyone else this coming July!

I have access to the second semester lectures and have not completed the immunization records yet.

Hey, all. Anyone have access to 1st semester lectures/book list yet?

Hey, all. Anyone have access to 1st semester lectures/book list yet?
I haven't seen anything yet in the website but I'll double check tomorrow and place an update!