Touro - NV (TUNCOM) Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I visited a lot of the apartments in the area this past week and I secured a unit at Adobe Ranch.
I have an apartment at Adobe Ranch too!!! Woohoo!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hooray! When's do you move in? will they actually hold an apartment for about 3 months?
My lease begins on April 15th, and I'll start moving things in slowly. I live in LA so I have the ability to make multiple trips and (hopefully) not be too stressed about it ;-)
I don't actually plan to live there until late May/early June though.

I went and filled out the application in mid-February, so they held it for about two months for me. The management, specifically Lezlie who is the main community manager, is AWESOME and super accommodating. I could have pushed back my move-in date until May 1st, so yes I believe they will absolutely work with you on holding one! She did say, though, that the residents usually give 30 day notice, so they might not have availability at a specific given moment. But that there's usually a lot of movement in April and May with residents moving out. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My lease begins on April 15th, and I'll start moving things in slowly. I live in LA so I have the ability to make multiple trips and (hopefully) not be too stressed about it ;-)

I went and filled out the application in mid-February, so they held it for about two months for me. The management, specifically Lezlie who is the main community manager, is AWESOME and super accommodating. I could have pushed back my move-in date until May 1st, so yes I believe they will absolutely work with you on holding one! She did say, though, that the residents usually give 30 day notice, so they might not have availability at a specific given moment. But that there's usually a lot of movement in April and May with residents moving out. :)
Sweet thanks and haaaayyy I'm from La too!

They were so nice and friendly there!!!! That is one reason why I chose Adobe Ranch!

I also have an apartment at Adobe Ranch - moving in the second week of July.

I have random question about financial aid for those who have filled out their FAFSA for Touro. During the financial aid presentation on interview day, I could have sworn we were told the limit for Stafford loans was upwards of $40,000 if I remember correctly. However, I just finished my FAFSA and they told me I am only eligible for $20,500. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I have random question about financial aid for those who have filled out their FAFSA for Touro. During the financial aid presentation on interview day, I could have sworn we were told the limit for Stafford loans was upwards of $40,000 if I remember correctly. However, I just finished my FAFSA and they told me I am only eligible for $20,500. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
Hm...I've never really used financial aid before so I'm not sure if that would count into the amount you'd receive... That could be a possibility?

I believe max graduate level Stafford loans are $20500; however medical students are treated differently. It should be around 40k for direct Stafford loans but read this page for more info.

https://www.aamc.org/advocacy/meded/79232/federal_student_loans.html

Has anybody been accepted into the Facebook group recently? I requested to be added a couple of weeks ago and paid my deposit almost a month ago.

Hey guys! When is the deadline for us to do the FAFSA?!
I alao requested to be added to the FB group 2 weeks ago but have not been added yet:/

Hello Class of 2019! Welcome to Touro NV! I loved my time at TUN and I'm sure you will too :) Anyhow, I'm off to residency and will be renting my house in Henderson so if you are moving with a large family or want to have a fun group of med stud roommates please send me a PM. The house is 10-15 min from campus. It's 4 BDR/2.5 Bath, it has a 3 car garage and a pool. It is in a very nice neighborhood across the street is a big park with tennis courts, playground, basketball courts and a 2 mi paved running loop. Rent is $1800/mo and includes gardner and pool maintenance but utilities will be paid by the tenant. Best of luck to all of you in your med school journey! Make us alumni proud!

It looks like I'll be heading out to Vegas later this week to check out housing options. I am trying to live with one or two other people if possible to cut expenses, so PM me if you're interested and let's talk!

I have also PM'd AvocadoLover in regards to her housing posting above and would be very interested in pursuing something like that if there are other people who are also interested, so let me know!

Last edited:
Are they still accepting students off the waitlist?

Hey all! Two random questions, does anyone know if the professors podcast? Also, are all the rotations in southern Nevada? (as in, we don't have to travel to different states/Reno/etc)

Hello! I'm currently #1 on the standby list...AHH! I'm required to attend orientation and HOPEFULLY begin school right along with all of you in two weeks. Wow crazy. As such, my housing search so far has been brief (only found out today that I'm first in line) and can't seem to find move in dates earlier than August 10.
Luckily, I may be able to stay at a friend of a friend's house in Henderson for orientation, but I know it is a lot to ask, if I do end up making it into your class, would any of you be willing to let me crash at your place and carpool with you for the first week of classes (or any number of days)? I of course with give you compensation of the monetary sort!

Hey all! Two random questions, does anyone know if the professors podcast? Also, are all the rotations in southern Nevada? (as in, we don't have to travel to different states/Reno/etc)
4th year at TUN here. All lectures are recorded and immediately available on your Blackboard page.
All rotations will be assigned in Vegas/Henderson unless you make a formal request to do an Away rotation at a specific site elsewhere.

Congrats and good luck!