Touro - NV (TUNCOM) Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanIdoIt?

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure if a group has been made yet so I decided to take the blunge. I (and hopefully others) will be posting updates that may be beneficial or important to our class below.

Anyone matriculating for the c/o 2019 can post here with any important dates, roommate searches, tips, or etc for the new lovely students of TUNCOM.

Orientation
-
The three day orientation is July 29th-July 31st

First Day of Class
-
First day is August 3, 2015

Student Government Association Website
-http://www.tunlive.com/
-This website has links for different groups, calendars, useful website, and even a classifieds section. Check it out!

TUNCOM c/o 2019 Facebook Page
-
The group name is "Southern Nevada Medical Students 2019." It is monitored by the student rep on admissions. She only accepts those that have been accepted to touro and have put down a deposit. If you have both of those things covered then check out the page!

This is all the info I can think of right now. Please feel free to add anything else that you've got.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for doing this @CanIdoIt? !

I spend a couple days last month looking at 8+ apartment complexes in Henderson and finally found a place I like, if anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out.

Thanks for doing this @CanIdoIt? !

I spend a couple days last month looking at 8+ apartment complexes in Henderson and finally found a place I like, if anyone has any questions please feel free to reach out.

Which ones did you like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up going with a place at the Edge at Traverse point. I'll look at my info when I get back home and edit in my #2 and #3 picks.

Reactions: 3 users
Are you looking to live alone or with a roommate?

There's so many things to consider when living with people such as distractions and/or messiness and cleaning situations.

Truth.... BUT it could also be a built in study buddy!

Truth.... BUT it could also be a built in study buddy!
That's a huge IF! Especially if you don't know the person. And who knows, that person may have different studying habits and may even finish at an earlier time. That messes a lot up for me lol

That's a huge IF! Especially if you don't know the person. And who knows, that person may have different studying habits and may even finish at an earlier time. That messes a lot up for me lol
True. Its all preference I suppose. I personally would want to live with someone to split the cost lol. I'm used to much higher rent and living expenses so saving money in Henderson is something I'm looking forward to.

So if anyone's looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom... I know its still pretty early, but let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
True. Its all preference I suppose. I personally would want to live with someone to split the cost lol. I'm used to much higher rent and living expenses so saving money in Henderson is something I'm looking forward to.

So if anyone's looking for a 2 or 3 bedroom... I know its still pretty early, but let me know!

Dude! I'm interested! Lets talk soon.

I just secured a two bedroom at Adobe Ranch Apartment Homes. Suuuuper nice, quiet, safe, clean..free coffee, tea, snacks and water. Nestled away in a more residential area (as opposed to being off of a main road/in an industrial area like Ventana or Remington..) but also really close to the Galleria mall and a lot of shops/grocery stores/restaurants. I toured a couple of the other complexes and these were honestly stand-outs, especially for their prices, plus they give a 4% monthly discount to Touro students! Also, if anyone has a dog (like I do), this complex is super dog friendly with doggy stations (poop bags and trash cans) everywhere.

I may be biased now that I have already placed my security deposit, but I wanted to offer my two cents. If anyone has any questions about the area or other apartment complexes, I'm happy to help!!

Getting excited!!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm also looking for roommate(s)! I'll be going to Henderson in March to check out apartments.

I am completely open so let me know when you're looking for roommates.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm planning on going it solo for year 1 and then maybe moving in with someone I click with after that to save $$$. Random roomie for yr 1 is too chancey for me haha

I know we will not have to worry about this until 2017 but I forgot how much time TUN give to study for comlex/"USMLE" step 1. Does anyone remember? I believe it is one month but do not remember.

I had no idea these threads existed, but I am soooo excited for this fall!

Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone visit Allegro apartments? If so, how was it? I might not be able to head out to NV until it's too late ):

Last edited:
Did anyone visit Allegro apartments? If so, how was it? I might not be able to head out to NV until it's too late ):

I did, they are really nice. My #2 choice. However, they don't have apartments with a "no smoking" policy. The apt I toured absolutely reeked of cigarettes and when I asked the lady about it she said she couldn't guarantee me a smoke free room :(

Reactions: 1 user
I just secured a two bedroom at Adobe Ranch Apartment Homes. Suuuuper nice, quiet, safe, clean..free coffee, tea, snacks and water. Nestled away in a more residential area (as opposed to being off of a main road/in an industrial area like Ventana or Remington..) but also really close to the Galleria mall and a lot of shops/grocery stores/restaurants. I toured a couple of the other complexes and these were honestly stand-outs, especially for their prices, plus they give a 4% monthly discount to Touro students! Also, if anyone has a dog (like I do), this complex is super dog friendly with doggy stations (poop bags and trash cans) everywhere.

I may be biased now that I have already placed my security deposit, but I wanted to offer my two cents. If anyone has any questions about the area or other apartment complexes, I'm happy to help!!

Getting excited!!

Hey congrats on putting down your deposit!! I've been looking online at places nonstop! How long did they let you hold the apartment? When are you actually moving in? And did they have any type of move in special?

Thanks, gonna look into Adobe!

Has anyone been able to access the facebook page? I've sent a request but havent been accepted. I've paid my deposit and all that good stuff too :)

Has anyone been able to access the facebook page? I've sent a request but havent been accepted. I've paid my deposit and all that good stuff too :)
I've been having the same problem actually.

I just submitted a request to join the page. I'll let you know once I get added. :)

I just submitted a request to join the page. I'll let you know once I get added. :)

Thanks. Yes let me know. When I made the original post I had already paid and submitted a fb friends request (to clarify)... So I'm waiting on fb acceptance :(

I did, they are really nice. My #2 choice. However, they don't have apartments with a "no smoking" policy. The apt I toured absolutely reeked of cigarettes and when I asked the lady about it she said she couldn't guarantee me a smoke free room :(
ewwwww thats a deal breaker for sure!

Thanks. Yes let me know. When I made the original post I had already paid and submitted a fb friends request (to clarify)... So I'm waiting on fb acceptance :(

Someone was added to the group on Monday. I am sure it will be soon.

Just got added to the fb group, so if you guys haven't already then you probably will soon.

Balls! An apartment I wanted has only a 2bed/2bath available, which I guess isn't too bad if I had a roommate but I'm having a hard time finding pros minus the money factor. Anyone want to shed some light?

Hey guys, looking for a roommate for next year, PM me if interested.

Balls! An apartment I wanted has only a 2bed/2bath available, which I guess isn't too bad if I had a roommate but I'm having a hard time finding pros minus the money factor. Anyone want to shed some light?

Maybe someone will move out by July? The place I'm waiting on doesn't have any 1/1 yet either so I put myself on the WL :(

Anyone else fill out their Fafsa yet? I never had to fill out grad plus before but according to the email I recently received from the school the earliest one can fill out a grad plus application is right before school starts or right after.

Hey all! Didn't know this thread existed. Still debating the roommate situation. Yeah it's chancey but the extra funds would be really nice for comfort in the first year specifically and that way you have someone traveling the circles of hell with you haha. I'm waiting to hear back from my alma mater within the next 30 days but if they say no I'll be heading up to check out places!

Hey congrats on putting down your deposit!! I've been looking online at places nonstop! How long did they let you hold the apartment? When are you actually moving in? And did they have any type of move in special?

Thanks, gonna look into Adobe!

Hi, sorry for the delay!!
So I went in late February, and the move-in date is mid-April...so I just had to pay the application fee and that was enough to hold the apartment for me for two months! I am going to push back the move-in date until May, though. I live in Southern California which is only a ~4 hour drive from Henderson, so I have the luxury of making multiple trips and taking my time during the move...I don't plan to actually live there until late June or early July.

I did get a "special" in the sense that she gave me the lowest rate possible prior to the rents being increased a small %. They also give a monthly discount for Touro stidents! Good luck :)

I know Tava mentioned it during interview day, but I just wanted to double check with you guys. For those still in school this semester, Tava wants us to submit an official transcript by May 1st and submit another one by the time our Bachelor's is listed right? Thank you!

I know Tava mentioned it during interview day, but I just wanted to double check with you guys. For those still in school this semester, Tava wants us to submit an official transcript by May 1st and submit another one by the time our Bachelor's is listed right? Thank you!

I think she said that we need to send our official transcripts (from our final semester) before we start. If you're worried then the best option might be to call Tava. Go straight to the soure! :)

I know that this is a little far ahead but does anybody know when the white coat ceremony is? My family wants to come out and was asking me the other day and I can't seem to find the date.

I know that this is a little far ahead but does anybody know when the white coat ceremony is? My family wants to come out and was asking me the other day and I can't seem to find the date.

Was wondering the same thing.. I think I remember seeing it in September for last years class? Unless I saw wrong

Hey Guys! I don't know if this is even relevant, but I logged on to my portal today to check if there are any new updates, and I noticed that under the "ID Number/ Dvsn" section, it has my ID number/GR, which I guess stands for the graduate school? I was wondering what it says on your guys' portal. I know it might just be a simple system error, but I'm just concerned that when it's time to register for classes, I might have some difficulty because I'm under a different program. Thank you!

Hey Guys! I don't know if this is even relevant, but I logged on to my portal today to check if there are any new updates, and I noticed that under the "ID Number/ Dvsn" section, it has my ID number/GR, which I guess stands for the graduate school? I was wondering what it says on your guys' portal. I know it might just be a simple system error, but I'm just concerned that when it's time to register for classes, I might have some difficulty because I'm under a different program. Thank you!

Are you using the portal we used to pay? Idk if that's relevant. Mine still says I'm going to New York... So...I don't know...

LOL! Yeah the one that we used to pay for the deposit. It probably hasn't updated. I think mine says GR because I put a deposit down for the MHS program last November, so I guess it still hasn't updated. Let me know when yours changes! :)

Are you using the portal we used to pay? Idk if that's relevant. Mine still says I'm going to New York... So...I don't know...

Where is everyone looking into for their living situation? Looking up Remington Canyon or Ventana Canyon Apartments and kind of leaning towards one of the two. :D

Where is everyone looking into for their living situation? Looking up Remington Canyon or Ventana Canyon Apartments and kind of leaning towards one of the two. :D
I visited a lot of the apartments in the area this past week and I secured a unit at Adobe Ranch.