Touro COM - New York, Middletown Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Middletown) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea how much of class is filled. I interviewed on the 21. They said they still got 200 more interview :/

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya I guess.. I think they just started to look at 3/7 interviews. If u we're then or before u should find out by tomorrow.
Their decisions seem to go out on Fridays. Strange that only one person heard back, probably a special case.

Their decisions seem to go out on Fridays. Strange that only one person heard back, probably a special case.

Usually it's Wednesdays and Fridays. However I've seen now all days on this thread so you never know. The suspense is killing me though, that's for sure.

Did someone from the school tell you we were gonna find out today?
No. But typically calls go out over 1-2 days. And someone on here said they we're accepted yesterday from my interview date, so I'm inferring but could easily be wrong.

It looks like in last year's thread, someone called the office and found out when decisions were being sent

Few weeks ago. Anyone brave enough to call the office?
Not it. Lol JK. I think you should call. I already contacted them through email this week. If I didn't, then I would be on the phone with them right now. I just don't want to harass them since I already asked on Monday.

Not it. Lol JK. I think you should call. I already contacted them through email this week. If I didn't, then I would be on the phone with them right now. I just don't want to harass them since I already asked on Monday.
I doubt they'd mind. I'm just not brave enough.

I doubt they'd mind. I'm just not brave enough.
I have a feeling either tomorrow or Friday we will find out.

original_26856155.jpg

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Cmon Touro today's the day
Its weird because if you go back in the forum and look, people find out about acceptances anywhere from 7-16 days after the interview. Its been almost a month the for me. Although, they did say that it could take 1-6 weeks to hear back on our interview date, so maybe the end of the cycle they are much more methodical with who they select so it takes longer. I am just surprised a person from my interview date heard back on Monday, yet I've not heard anything all week. I'm trying to find out ASAP because if I don't get in I have to apply postbac and a lot of those deadlines are soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Touro, if I may ask politely...... y u do dis???????

Reactions: 1 users
Its weird because if you go back in the forum and look, people find out about acceptances anywhere from 7-16 days after the interview. Its been almost a month the for me. Although, they did say that it could take 1-6 weeks to hear back on our interview date, so maybe the end of the cycle they are much more methodical with who they select so it takes longer. I am just surprised a person from my interview date heard back on Monday, yet I've not heard anything all week. I'm trying to find out ASAP because if I don't get in I have to apply postbac and a lot of those deadlines are soon.

Did you try talking to the office about this? I feel like they would give you a more definite answer on when we hear back considering your predicament. If I remember correctly, they may offer a spot in their Masters program, so there wouldn't be a need to directly apply for their MS program (if they didn't end up offering you a MS spot now, then what would be the point of directly applying again).

Did you try talking to the office about this? I feel like they would give you a more definite answer on when we hear back considering your predicament. If I remember correctly, they may offer a spot in their Masters program, so there wouldn't be a need to directly apply for their MS program (if they didn't end up offering you a MS spot now, then what would be the point of directly applying again).
Well I did call on Thursday and left a voicemail about adding a new shadowing experience to my application, but I haven't received a call back yet. I don't know if I should call again, although it has been about a month since my interview.

Well I did call on Thursday and left a voicemail about adding a new shadowing experience to my application, but I haven't received a call back yet. I don't know if I should call again, although it has been about a month since my interview.

I'm not sure if updates would matter at this point, but I believe they said they get back to interviewees as fast a 1 week or as slow as 1 month (their website says 2 months). I read a lot of past posts, and the consensus is to call when you haven't heard back in about 1 month. Do let us know what they say and keep your hopes up!

I'm not sure if updates would matter at this point, but I believe they said they get back to interviewees as fast a 1 week or as slow as 1 month (their website says 2 months). I read a lot of past posts, and the consensus is to call when you haven't heard back in about 1 month. Do let us know what they say and keep your hopes up!
So I manned up and called...again. Tom in admissions said it has been partly due to it being the end of the cycle, but more so due to them having scheduling conflicts with their subcommittee that reviews apps. He did say that he is pretty sure that we will be hearing back this week, and to shoot him an email should we not hear anything by Thursday.

So I manned up and called...again.
Username checks out

Tom in admissions said it has been partly due to it being the end of the cycle, but more so due to them having scheduling conflicts with their subcommittee that reviews apps. He did say that he is pretty sure that we will be hearing back this week, and to shoot him an email should we not hear anything by Thursday.
That's weird, since it implies that decisions will go out either tomorrow or Wednesday

Username checks out
Well played... And yeah I'm hoping once again that this week is the week. At least it means that they haven't added a lot of people so all the people waiting to hear back are still in good shape (hopefully).

For those of you lurking in this thread, if you could comment when you hear back, all of us in the same boat would appreciate it!

For those of you lurking in this thread, if you could comment when you hear back, all of us in the same boat would appreciate it!

I know you're talking about recent interviewees, but to give you a timeline of my expereince I interviewed in January and heard back within three weeks. However, there was only about 10 people my day of the interview (they told us it's usually around 30 to 40), so it's easy to assume that they were able to respond quicker.

Anyone know when the waitlist starts to see some action? And if it's ranked or anything? I'm currently on the waitlist :(

I'll be withdrawing my acceptance here tomorrow. Best of luck all.

Thank you, hoping to get off that waitlist. May I ask where you're going instead?

I'm on the "hold list" which is not the "waitlist" at Rowan, and I've already paid a deposit at ACOM. I'm leaning heavily towards Rowan (though it is still a difficult decision as I really like ACOM, but I'm from Maryland) and banking on the fact that no one in the history of their hold list has not matriculated that year.

I'm on the "hold list" which is not the "waitlist" at Rowan, and I've already paid a deposit at ACOM. I'm leaning heavily towards Rowan and banking on the fact that no one in the history of their hold list has not matriculated that year.

Awesome good luck with Rowan, I've actually paid a deposit for ACOM as well but hoping to get off the waitlist here. I just have no clue what the touro middletown waitlist movement will be like lol

Last edited:
Hi guys, I've been lurking around for quite awhile here, first post!

Interviewed here on 1/11, Waitlisted on 1/22. was wondering if there were any updates on the waitlist movement situation. I will email or call the office tomorrow, I guess the nerves got me to post here hahaha

Hi guys, I've been lurking around for quite awhile here, first post!

Interviewed here on 1/11, Waitlisted on 1/22. was wondering if there were any updates on the waitlist movement situation. I will email or call the office tomorrow, I guess the nerves got me to post here hahaha
What did they say?

Accepted just now, interviewed 3/21.

I'm interviewing in May, do you guys think that by then it's only for the waitlist?

Interviewing on 5/2, presumably for a spot on the wait list unless someone can confirm there are still seats left.

I just received the email and we are there from 8am to 4pm. Does anyone know what the schedule looks like? Because that is by far the longest interview I've had this cycle.

Interviewing on 5/2, presumably for a spot on the wait list unless someone can confirm there are still seats left.

I just received the email and we are there from 8am to 4pm. Does anyone know what the schedule looks like? Because that is by far the longest interview I've had this cycle.
When I was interviewing in early April, they told us that we were interviewing for a real spots, so I'm assuming there are still spots left. They are really nice and it's a similar schedule as other schools, a presentation first, then interviews, then lunch, then tours around campus etc. Actually before the tours they asked if anyone has plane to catch or wants to go early - so assuming you are in a hurry - you can skip campus tour and be free at around 1pm or so.

Hey all, I was just sent an email by Touro Admissions saying that I had been invited to complete a secondary invite but I had not filed it out yet. They gave me until Sunday 4/17 (tomorrow) to fill it out or have my application withdrawn. ....The problem is that I was never sent an email for a secondary invite (Completed around early-mid December). What should I do?

-Is there a link where I can access the secondary?

Congrats! Hope this means more decisions are going out. Mind if you share your stats?

My cGPA was a 3.6, sGPA was a 3.5, old MCAT score of 30.

To give everyone else some hope, on my interview day, they mentioned still needing to conduct about 150 more interviews. The cycle is definitely not over yet!

Hey all, I was just sent an email by Touro Admissions saying that I had been invited to complete a secondary invite but I had not filed it out yet. They gave me until Sunday 4/17 (tomorrow) to fill it out or have my application withdrawn. ....The problem is that I was never sent an email for a secondary invite (Completed around early-mid December). What should I do?

-Is there a link where I can access the secondary?
Just do it today, it's not that hard to complete secondary. Maybe 2-3hrs max. If I remember correctly, you have to go to TouroCOM main website and link is there. I don't remember exact location, but go to main website and search around. It's all official and available, just put some effort and you'll be fine.

Just do it today, it's not that hard to complete secondary. Maybe 2-3hrs max. If I remember correctly, you have to go to TouroCOM main website and link is there. I don't remember exact location, but go to main website and search around. It's all official and available, just put some effort and you'll be fine.

There is a small note at the bottom right which says the secondary can only be filled out by invitation only. I was hesitant because a secondary app tab was not there.

Update- I started filling out the program information an a secondary application tab just appeared. I will fill it out and send an update email.

Last edited:
I'm interviewing in May, do you guys think that by then it's only for the waitlist?
Do you know which days they are interviewing/how many days they're interviewing in May?

What did they say?
I emailed the office to start off nice, no response. its been about 5 days since I sent the waitlist request email so I will call the office soon. However, it seems as if there might be some waitlist movement if there are interviews in May! maybe I am being optimistic, who knows.

I emailed the office to start off nice, no response. its been about 5 days since I sent the waitlist request email so I will call the office soon. However, it seems as if there might be some waitlist movement if there are interviews in May! maybe I am being optimistic, who knows.
Should see movement everywhere after may 15th. That's the deadline where basically people can only have 1 active deposit paid acceptance (when I interviewed at Marian they said they actually get a list from AACOMAS that shows how many places a person has already accepted and paid deposit. They even said that when may 15 rolls around and they see a student still holding onto multiple acceptances, they may rescind their offer. Just keep in mind the rescinding is Marians policy though, not sure how strict other schools will be but I imagine the rest of it, the May 15th deadline is true).

Should see movement everywhere after may 15th. That's the deadline where basically people can only have 1 active deposit paid acceptance (when I interviewed at Marian they said they actually get a list from AACOMAS that shows how many places a person has already accepted and paid deposit. They even said that when may 15 rolls around and they see a student still holding onto multiple acceptances, they may rescind their offer. Just keep in mind the rescinding is Marians policy though, not sure how strict other schools will be but I imagine the rest of it, the May 15th deadline is true).
That's great to know thank you