Touro COM - New York, Middletown Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Middletown) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlteredScale

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :cat:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sooo Touros website is really vague about the "minimum threshold".
What is the minimum threshold before they screen you out for mcat, sgpa and cgpa. Someone please tell me!!

Reactions: 1 users
Why is it so empty in here? Are secondaries for this campus also not sent out until September / October?

Why is it so empty in here? Are secondaries for this campus also not sent out until September / October?

I guess nobody really wants to go here? I'm really hoping someone responds cause I have a lotta questions abt this school, have heard a lot of mixed reviews

Reactions: 1 user
Me too! I guess no one has gotten a secondary from this school yet..?

Last edited:
Just received an email stating they had received my AACOMAS app and that they would begin reviewing applications August 31st...anyone know if that is to review for secondary invites?

edit: never mind this was for Harlem, ignore

I got the same email, but it does not specify between Middletown and Harlem

I got rejected here last year because I really bombed the interview. Would it be wise to choose middletown again? My stats fit right in line with the average. Should I instead focus on harlem this year? Would middletown hold last years inteview against me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got rejected here last year because I really bombed the interview. Would it be wise to choose middletown again? My stats fit right in line with the average. Should I instead focus on harlem this year? Would middletown hold last years inteview against me?

If you can show that you've improved then they could be impressed by how much you've grown and are more prepared to go to medical school. Just my thoughts on it though...

you mind if I ask what you think you did wrong during the interview? Were you just really nervous or did you answer the questions wrong or something?

you mind if I ask what you think you did wrong during the interview? Were you just really nervous or did you answer the questions wrong or something?

I was extremely nervous, and it was my first interview and I looked very little into questions they might ask so I didn't know what to expect. I stumbled on some words and didn't convey what my research was about in an accurate way. It was like a cascade in that I was sounding worse and worse as the interview went on. My gpa at the time was a bit low as well. I was very upset afterwards, especially because I knew how perfect the school was for someone like me, and how well I knew it would perfectly compliment my style of learning as well as my ideal living situation. Hoping for some luck this year.

I was extremely nervous, and it was my first interview and I looked very little into questions they might ask so I didn't know what to expect. I stumbled on some words and didn't convey what my research was about in an accurate way. It was like a cascade in that I was sounding worse and worse as the interview went on. My gpa at the time was a bit low as well. I was very upset afterwards, especially because I knew how perfect the school was for someone like me, and how well I knew it would perfectly compliment my style of learning as well as my ideal living situation. Hoping for some luck this year.

Aww, that sucks! Thanks for answering my questions! I think you should def go for middletown if that's your preference... I don't think they would hold last year's interview against you especially if you have improved your stats in the last year, and now you know what went wrong in the interview so if/when you get another one, you can always redeem yourself.

Just received an email stating they had received my AACOMAS app and that they would begin reviewing applications August 31st...anyone know if that is to review for secondary invites?

edit: never mind this was for Harlem, ignore

how long after you submitted your primary application did you get this email?

Still no movement here? I guess I'll take that as a positive sign.

I got the secondary, but I'm having trouble saving the Adobe file (already updated to latest version) for the essays. Does anyone know how to fix this without signing up/paying the fee for this Adobe feature? Thanks!:)

I got the secondary, but I'm having trouble saving the Adobe file (already updated to latest version) for the essays. Does anyone know how to fix this without signing up/paying the fee for this Adobe feature? Thanks!:)
you are probably opening the file in another application and not adobe by default. try manually opening the file with adobe

I read from the 2014 post that if you get a secondary, there is a HIGH probability that you will get an interview

Agreed with above. I'm on a Mac, updated the Adobe Reader, but the PDF would open in Preview (not Adobe) by default within the browser, or if I downloaded the file and opened it. If you download it and right-click and specify "Open with Adobe", it should work.

Agreed with above. I'm on a Mac, updated the Adobe Reader, but the PDF would open in Preview (not Adobe) by default within the browser, or if I downloaded the file and opened it. If you download it and right-click and specify "Open with Adobe", it should work.

Ok so I tried this and it does open, but then I cant save it with anything that I input. It will only allow me to save a blank copy. Any suggestions?

Spoke with the office- they said PC only

Got a secondary email! yay!!

for the question of how will our LORs be sent to them, there is not a space for AACOMAS. Does anyone know which we should select in this case, before I call the school and ask?
Thanks!

Last edited:
All of our prayers have been answered, check your emails for concerns with the secondary!!

I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything...
Is the Post-Secondary Academic Institutions Attended for the courses not on your AACOMAS application or in addition to?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited:

Last edited:
I tried to search for this but couldn't find anything...
Is the Post-Secondary Academic Institutions Attended for the courses not on your AACOMAS application or in addition to?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Also, Is the college code search working for anyone else?

Thanks!

Just rec'd II for Middletown! Complete 9/19. Wahoo!

3.03 cGPA, 3.83 sGPA, 3.98 post-bacc GPA (most of my science was done post bacc)

506 MCAT

Awesome awesome. Love seeing the underdogs win! Best of luck!

II today! Submitted the secondary on the 21st.

Anyone know the avg gpa/mcat of the students accepted last year?

Sooo Touros website is really vague about the "minimum threshold".
What is the minimum threshold before they screen you out for mcat, sgpa and cgpa. Someone please tell me!!

Does anyone know the answer to this question? I'm curious too.

Has anyone with a less than a 500 on the new test receive a secondary?

Last edited:
Received an II on 10/15, submitted 9/22. Going for my interview on 11/2 for Middletown campus!

Rec'd 10/14. Sub'd 10/23.
Again as Harlem, seems like the turnaround time is ~4 weeks from submission.