Touro-CA MSMHS 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still on the wait list. So nervous. Any comments?
I don't know the exact number, but we had a few people accepted off the waitlist last year.
It is possible to be accepted off the wait list up until the 1st day of class or during one of the orientation days.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Long time lurker, started a new account after I was accepted into the program today! Thanks to all for the info and advice.

Reactions: 1 users
After sending in the acceptance deposit and the response form, what else do we have to do? we don't need to do the immunization and the health clearance right?

Members don't see this ad :)
After sending in the acceptance deposit and the response form, what else do we have to do? we don't need to do the immunization and the health clearance right?
You need to send official transcripts if you haven't done that already. I think that's it. You don't need to send in any health records

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far.
For those of you who are in waitlist limbo, don't lose hope! The program pulls people off the waitlist throughout the summer.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted so far.
For those of you who are in waitlist limbo, don't lose hope! The program pulls people off the waitlist throughout the summer.
Hi, were you on the waitlist?

For those of you curious about updates for how many people were accepted into the COM from the Masters program this year: at least 22, but I think it might be closer to 25, since there are no doubt some people who got accepted that I don't know about yet. 30 or 32 of us interviewed

Congrats Cal_EMT. What were the stats like? I heard Touro-CA is known for accepting the students with highest MCAT. Do you know the gpa/mcat for your classmates who got into the program?

Congrats Cal_EMT. What were the stats like? I heard Touro-CA is known for accepting the students with highest MCAT. Do you know the gpa/mcat for your classmates who got into the program?
I'm not sure where you heard that from, but they care more about how you do in the program than your MCAT or undergraduate GPA (they do matter though). I have no idea what the average stats were for those of us who were accepted, but my MCAT was not fantastic. I did well on 2 sections and not so well on the third. My GPA for the program was fairly good though, so I think that helped to offset the MCAT.

Hi, were you on the waitlist?
Or were you asking if I was on the waitlist before I was accepted last year? I was not, but there were people in my class who were taken off the waitlist. One was accepted the first day of orientation (probably after someone didn't show up and so forfeited their spot)

Thank you Cal_ EMT. Is anyone out there still waiting to be accepted from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Cal_ EMT. Is anyone out there still waiting to be accepted from the waitlist?
Yes, there are a few people from my class who are still on the waitlist. Hopefully they will get in. I am optimistic

I'm still anxiously awaiting about the waitlist. I'm accepted to the Touro NY biomedical professions masters but I grew up in the bay and would much rather stay local/practice in the area. Keep me updated as to whether or not you hear back!

when is the last mcat test date to be considered for the guaranteed interview? Also it says that we have to reapply through AACOMAS? can someone explain to me? thanks

when is the last mcat test date to be considered for the guaranteed interview? Also it says that we have to reapply through AACOMAS? can someone explain to me? thanks
I'm not sure of the exact date, but probably before the secondary is due. And yes, you have to apply through AACOMAS just like all med schools you apply to

I highly suggest NOT taking the MCAT during this program. Your grades will suffer and your MCAT score likely will too

**** signed up for September 9th
I'm studying now so we will see how it works
I highly suggest NOT taking the MCAT during this program. Your grades will suffer and your MCAT score likely will too

**** signed up for September 9th
I'm studying now so we will see how it works
At least that's near the beginning of the program (albeit one full month in). but be careful to not neglect studying for your classes. Definitely do as much MCAT studying this summer as you can.

I'm still anxiously awaiting about the waitlist. I'm accepted to the Touro NY biomedical professions masters but I grew up in the bay and would much rather stay local/practice in the area. Keep me updated as to whether or not you hear back!
Hey, I will. If you hear anything back sooner than me let me know. Thanks

Hi everyone! I was just accepted into the 2017-2018 class! I was just wondering what people thought of the program, what I should be expecting, is it worth it, and would I be able to find housing this late into the game (im from maryland:eek:)

Hi everyone! I was just accepted into the 2017-2018 class! I was just wondering what people thought of the program, what I should be expecting, is it worth it, and would I be able to find housing this late into the game (im from maryland:eek:)
There are several posts on pages 1 and 2 that should answer most of your questions. As for housing, I think there are several people still looking for roommates.

Hey everyone. Im currently waitlisted and wondering is there has been much movement on it yet that anyone knows of?

Hey everyone. Im currently waitlisted and wondering is there has been much movement on it yet that anyone knows of?
Just emailed Naisha and she said the waitlist has "not yet been accessed" so there is still hope!

Reactions: 2 users
Just emailed Naisha and she said the waitlist has "not yet been accessed" so there is still hope!
I guess they're still going through applications then. Hopefully everyone hears back soon :)

Hello all! Are predental students considered for this program?

Hello all! Are predental students considered for this program?
I'm pretty sure as long as you have the pre reqs that anyone is considered for it. However, the program is structured for people who are planning on going to medical school. I would imagine the classes might be helpful for dental school as well, but I don't know enough about dental school to say for sure. You can always email admissions and ask

Hey Robsrowe, I JUST got off the waitlist and into the program! So there is definitely still hope! And this was applying 3 days before the deadline...

Hey Robsrowe, I JUST got off the waitlist and into the program! So there is definitely still hope! And this was applying 3 days before the deadline...
Yay!!! Congrats, did they call you or email?

They apparently just started offering spots off the waitlist within the last couple of days

They apparently just started offering spots off the waitlist within the last couple of days
The suspense is killing me but since they have already started taking people off and I have not received anything I'm assuming it most likely wont happen for me :(

The suspense is killing me but since they have already started taking people off and I have not received anything I'm assuming it most likely wont happen for me :(
They can pull people off the wait list even into orientation

Last edited:
Any previous students, what is a good mcat score?
they don't tell us the mcat scores for the class or for the people who were accepted into the COM. however, a competitive MCAT score for the COM is usually considered to be 510+ in general, according to the COM class demographics

Yay!!! Congrats, did they call you or email?
Hey sorry for the late response. They called me and gave me 48 hours to respond and accept the offer. I have read that they accept people off the waitlist up through orientation (if you don't attend orientation, they give the spot to someone else). So there is still a shot! Don't lose hope!

Any previous students, what is a good mcat score?

I’ve read that participation in the MSMHS program, with a 3.25 or better GPA and a MCAT score of 490 or better, will guarantee me an interview for the Touro University California College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM). How does that work?

MSMHS students who earn and maintain a GPA of 3.25 or better and a MCAT score of 490 or better are guaranteed an interview for the COM. Some students will be encouraged to interview at the start of the Spring Semester (between January and the end of March). For some, the interview needs to wait until the end of the Spring Semester in order to accumulate a more comprehensive track record. Seats will be held open for these candidates. Full details are on the Admissions Process page.

If I am accepted and I choose to enroll in the MSMHS program, what can I do to improve my chances of acceptance into the COM?

When considering MSMHS students, the COM Admissions Committee will, among other items, closely examine the following:

• Academic performance. The MSMHS curriculum closely resembles the COM curriculum. If you do well in the MSMHS program the COM Admissions Committee can be reasonably certain you will do well in the COM curriculum.
  • MCAT performance. Currently, the medical school requires a minimum MCAT score of 502 or better. According to the demographics for the most recent entering class, the average MCAT score is much higher. For the best possible chances for acceptance into the medical school, MSMHS students should aim for a MCAT score of 506 or better.
  • Knowledge of Osteopathic Medicine. Take advantage of opportunities on campus to learn more about osteopathic medicine. Be involved with student clinics, OMM demonstrations, and any other events that may be open to you throughout the academic year.

So when do we submit our primary? Do we wait till we can include the fall semester grade?

So when do we submit our primary? Do we wait till we can include the fall semester grade?
If you're currently in the program, you can wait to submit your primary for touro until mid fall or so. The secondary has a few essay questions, so I suggest not waiting til the last minute if you want to be considered for the "early" interview. Do submit you're other primary applications ASAP if you haven't done so already