Too much overlap

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABCPharmD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work for Walmart and I'm at a slow store (<1400 rx/week). In the near future they're going to reduce our store's pharmacy operating hours so we'll be closing two hours earlier each night, but our pharmacist hours are increasing to 240 per week so some days we'll have three pharmacists. I'll take the hours so I'm not complaining, but I don't get it. That seems so excessive. We keep getting emails about "big changes" but what big changes could possibly need that much overlap? Also, what are they going to do for the stores in our market that do 3500+ have 4 or 5 pharmacists each day? Any ideas on why this sudden increase in pharmacist hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't mess up a good thing. I can understand complaining when there is too little help, but complaining about too much help is crazy.

Reactions: 3 users
You have WAAAAAAAY too many RPH hours. There should never be 3 pharmacists at slow pharmacies. Standard for a middle-of-the-pack store (~2000 sold a week) should be ~100-110 RPH hours based on Workplace S3G.

Pharmacies whose hours are being cut on the weekends do like 1200/week or less

How do 3500+ stores even have 4 pharmacists? Where are you going to stand?

Members don't see this ad :)
ppl will complain even when they got it good. what's wrong with them?

Reactions: 2 users
? Also, what are they going to do for the stores in our market that do 3500+ have 4 or 5 pharmacists each day? Any ideas on why this sudden increase in pharmacist hours?

Make pharmacists start cleaning the bathrooms?

Maybe walk around the isles offering unasked for personal health advice to strangers?

Maybe they are planning to expand into the void left by Dr. M's sudden departure from pharmacy?

why are you yapping when you should be milking

240 hours of pharmacist? Lol My store is avg 93 hours right now. Over 3k store. Just go with it and collect your check

I work for Walmart and I'm at a slow store (<1400 rx/week). In the near future they're going to reduce our store's pharmacy operating hours so we'll be closing two hours earlier each night, but our pharmacist hours are increasing to 240 per week so some days we'll have three pharmacists. I'll take the hours so I'm not complaining, but I don't get it. That seems so excessive. We keep getting emails about "big changes" but what big changes could possibly need that much overlap? Also, what are they going to do for the stores in our market that do 3500+ have 4 or 5 pharmacists each day? Any ideas on why this sudden increase in pharmacist hours?

Where can I sign up?! haha

I really think it was mistyped and it's supposed to be 140 hours, not 240 (24x5 + 16 + 8 gets you to 144).

32x5 + 16 + 8 gets you to 184 for 4-pharmacist overlap on weekdays and 2 RPH on Saturday

Reactions: 1 user
If it's excessive, it probably won't last long. Enjoy it while you have it.

I really think it was mistyped and it's supposed to be 140 hours, not 240 (24x5 + 16 + 8 gets you to 144).

32x5 + 16 + 8 gets you to 184 for 4-pharmacist overlap on weekdays and 2 RPH on Saturday

I looked at the email again and that's what it said but maybe they meant 240 per pay period so 120 per week? Or like you said maybe it's 140 per week? That's still a lot of hours for a slow store and probably more than we need, but they increased my base hours to 40/week so I won't have to float for full time hours anymore... works for me.