Too late to apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent2ist

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it too late to apply for the class starting this Fall? Also, how much does school name matter for a MPH degree?

Members don't see this ad.

For most schools, yes, and if not, it's almost certainly too late to get any funding for the degree. If I were you, I'd wait until next year or apply to programs that have a spring semester start. As for your second question, opinions vary. I think most would agree that it matters less than for many other fields.

What exactly are you planning to do with your MPH? If you're planning to go into pharmaco-epi , I would suggest finishing up Pharmacy School, and then doing an MPH part-time while working full-time as a pharmacist. If you're planning on going to medical or dental school, an MPH is not going to help you gain admission. What you need to do is take hard science classes to boost your GPA (acing an SMP or pre-dental equivalent would work too) and smash the MCAT/DAT. I think before you even start applying to other programs, you need to take some time to figure out what you want to do.

For some schools yes, for others no. Those on a rolling basis could still have spots while some have deadlines up until August. I would suggest contacting individual schools ASAP if everything else is already prepared.