Told not to retake MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ivy809

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the Dean would say that. Clearly, something was amiss about your interview and/or your app, and I'd expect that the MCAT score would be one of the things on the list, unless the school was a DO school. What was your GPA?

With a 505, I would recommend:

Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland U Beaumont
Loyola
Loma Linda (only if you are SDA or a very devout Christian)
WVU
MCW
Creighton
VCU
Albany
Your state school(s).
Any DO school. I can't recommend Touro-NY, or LUCOM, for different reasons

I live in Tennessee, and he recommended that I keep scribing (which I did not include that in my initial application since I had just started the job upon applying). I'm hoping that as a re-applicant that my chances would be higher by including the one year of scribing experience and also a recent first author publication. I just don't think I have enough time to study and score higher than a 505 if I were to apply this cycle (been waiting to see if I would get off the waitlist before having to consider retaking the MCAT, if I found out sooner, then I would have certainly studied and retook the MCAT)
OK, target U TN (and Quillen) and the schools I have on my list.