*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got SA this morning but I'm already set on UTSD. Gonna reject so one of y'all can hopefully get SA!
Hi! when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why UTSD over SA if you don't mind me asking?
It was def a tough choice! But it came down to where I'd honestly be happy for 4 years. I go to Houston for undergrad and I love the city. A lot of my friends are upperclassmen at utsd and 2 of my really good friends got in with me. No doubt I liked SA, but UTSD had me under its spell since freshman year.

It was def a tough choice! But it came down to where I'd honestly be happy for 4 years. I go to Houston for undergrad and I love the city. A lot of my friends are upperclassmen at utsd and 2 of my really good friends got in with me. No doubt I liked SA, but UTSD had me under its spell since freshman year.
yo wasup

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else get the TAMU email about D0 research? I'm thinking of applying but I'm not even sure I want to specialize and it's a 40hr/8week program so thats kind of hefty, but they do pay. Thoughts?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get the TAMU email about D0 research? I'm thinking of applying but I'm not even sure I want to specialize and it's a 40hr/8week program so thats kind of hefty, but they do pay. Thoughts?
It ain't worth the freedom. Trust me. Unless you love research, it ain't worth it. A decent number of those in my school currently doing research don't even want to specialize... It's really for those who like it

I did...I wonder how much the stipend is though =D

Last edited:
Can someone who is accepted at houston give us some clarification of the amount of open seats in the FB group? Also if you wanna ask when the next tour of acceptances will be...

Reactions: 1 user
It ain't worth the freedom. Trust me. Unless you love research, it ain't worth it. A decent number of those in my school currently doing research don't even want to specialize... It's really for those who like it
Agreed. The current D2s advised us not to do it unless you absolutely love research. Enjoy your last summer before D1, you will be happy you did. Also,there's plenty of time in our curriculum for research if you choose to do that.

Can someone who is accepted at houston give us some clarification of the amount of open seats in the FB group? Also if you wanna ask when the next tour of acceptances will be...

Expect next round to come either Thursday or Friday. Acceptances were sent out Feb 14 and UTSD allowed 3 weeks for decision. 3 weeks from Feb 14th was Tuesday, and I would assume that the admissions committee would meet today to discuss which applicants would be included in the next wave.

There are D1s that are in the Fb group, as well as others upperclass who might give announcement here and there, so it's hard to sit and count how many are actually incoming class.

But from what I've heard, they are in the process of fillig the very last spot.
Hang in there :)

There are D1s that are in the Fb group, as well as others upperclass who might give announcement here and there, so it's hard to sit and count how many are actually incoming class.

But from what I've heard, they are in the process of fillig the very last spot.
Hang in there :)
Oh no... "spot" --- not "spots" :scared::lame::depressed: hihi

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed. The current D2s advised us not to do it unless you absolutely love research. Enjoy your last summer before D1, you will be happy you did. Also,there's plenty of time in our curriculum for research if you choose to do that.
Do you know about how much it pays?
I do love research and would like to have some extra help paying for my apartment over the summer :(

Do you know about how much it pays?
I do love research and would like to have some extra help paying for my apartment over the summer :(
I'm not exactly sure how much the stipend is actually.

In to UTHSCSA!!!! Got the email at 7:52AM! Interviewed in September and sent an update/letter of intent a month ago!
Join the party on Facebook :) UT Health San Antonio school of dentistry class of 2021 CONGRATS!!

Just got accepted into UTHSCSA at 11:22AM :), for those wondering if they're still sending our acceptances. I will decline when I get home so good luck to those who need it.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got accepted into UTHSCSA at 11:22AM :), for those wondering if they're still sending our acceptances. I will decline when I get home so good luck to those who need it.

Where will you be going instead? Just curious.

I emailed UTSD and they said another round was going to be sent. It is best to ask the school directly in my opinion.
Call them on the phone. I spoke to both of them on 2 separate occasions this week.

I got an email response last Monday from Houston:

As of right now if you haven't heard from us that means that we are still reviewing your application. Once our class is filled everyone who did not get accepted will get an e-mail from us. Please be patient with us as our class is not complete.

Thank you,
Roxanna Zarate

Reactions: 3 users
Call them on the phone. I spoke to both of them on 2 separate occasions this week.
Yeahhh... Pretty much gonna disregard anything you said. Last time you said no acceptances 3 days later my 2 friends got accepted so... I'm pretty sure there's still at least a spot left.

Reactions: 4 users
Yeahhh... Pretty much gonna disregard anything you said. Last time you said no acceptances 3 days later my 2 friends got accepted so... I'm pretty sure there's still at least a spot left.
Do yourself a favor and call them directly instead of thinking others are making it up

Do yourself a favor and call them directly instead of thinking others are making it up

I don't think you are intentionally lying, however, there is a big chance that they are telling you that so that you can stop calling them so often and stop worrying. What would happen if they start telling you exactly where they are in the process? They will receive daily calls from people waiting like us asking for an update. That will severely hinder the work day.

You've stated that you were waitlisted. With them knowing that already, they can tell you almost anything and it wouldn't make a difference (except they will not have to take your call as often).

The truth is, no one here actually knows except for the admissions committee. Even then, until April 1st, applicants can hold on to multiple seats and distort the number of available spots. In addition, it is not always in the school's best interest to reveal definitively where it is in the process.

The best thing to do is just imagine that you'll have to re-apply anyway and just work on your application. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
Just emailed UTSD today and got this reply:

Hello,

At this point we are close to filling up our class. Once your applications goes through a status change we will notify you via e-mail.

Thank you,
Roxanna Zarate
Administrative Assistant
Office of Student & Academic Affairs
7500 Cambridge St. | Suite 4120, 4th Floor | Houston, TX 77054
713.486.4429 tel | 713.486.4425 fax
www.dentistry.uth.edu

Thanks for the info Amnerd. I'm pretty new to the term "status change", can anyone tell me what that means?

Thanks for the info Amnerd. I'm pretty new to the term "status change", can anyone tell me what that means?
Probably means that the class is full, basically a rejection. Now depending on the students who have put a deposit down, it is likely that someone can accept one of the other 2 schools if they get an acceptance. If so, another spot can potentially open up.