Tips on studying OAT physics/increasing my score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted557498

I'm currently studying for the OAT and I'm taking it in October. I'm constantly scoring high (350+) on every section except physics, my score is always below 300 and I feel like I understand the concepts but I don't know how to answer the questions, if that makes sense. I'm using the big kaplan book and oat destroyer. How did you study for this section? any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same issue and I went to half price books and picked up an old MCAT physics book. I used that along with chads videos and was able to raise my score 60 points in physics in a little over a month of studying. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Practice questions can really help a lot. I also did chads videos through coursesaver.com and did all the practice questions I could. I scored 390 on my physics section as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Physics was also my toughest section, I recommend doing as many practice questions as possible and then reviewing them after. Getting used to solving the types of problems was what helped me raise my score the most!

When I was studying, I was scoring 300 or 310 at best in physics on the Kaplan practice exams, but on the real OAT I scored 360. It was still one of my lowest OAT sections but it was definitely easier on the real thing compared to kaplan practice tests. The real OAT is mostly one step calculations, and I found most of the practice were complex multi step calculations. Don't worry too much, I would recommend just memorizing all the necessary formulas and knowing how/when to use them.