Tippy the Squirrel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Almost assuredly muscular. I can pass it on to one of our other pathologists who is an expert in myotonia congenita (actually owns and breeds fainting goats himself and knows a lot about genetics) and see what he says. I'm guessing an ion channel mutation somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
See, I think the squirrel seems a bit stiffer when he goes down. He also seems to pop right back up instead of taking a few seconds to "wake up"...kinda hard to say, though.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely not narcolepsy at all.... and if you see part of it he is still gnawing away at the nut whilst he is on the ground.... seems like there is some weakness muscularly perhaps on that side of the body as he always falls the same way. He is still fully aware and then rights himself and continues on.

There's a condition called cataplexy, related to narcolepsy, where the patient will stay awake while "fainting." It's been several years since I've seen the one case, but if I remember correctly, food--eating--exacerbated the condition.

There's my 2 cents :)