Time Allotted for Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinii13

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any way we can find out how much time each school allots for us to fill out our secondaries? I don't have all my letters of rec in and I don't want to submit my AMCAS application and then screw my chances w/schools that require secondaries to be in before I have all my LORs together. Also, does anyone know in particular of Boston University's policy? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

tinii13 said:
Is there any way we can find out how much time each school allots for us to fill out our secondaries? I don't have all my letters of rec in and I don't want to submit my AMCAS application and then screw my chances w/schools that require secondaries to be in before I have all my LORs together. Also, does anyone know in particular of Boston University's policy? Thanks :)

Usually time limits only pertain to your completion of the secondary form, not for when LORs must be submitted. Otherwise, I'd be screwed b/c my school's policy is to send letters in Sept.

MSTP? said:
Usually time limits only pertain to your completion of the secondary form, not for when LORs must be submitted. Otherwise, I'd be screwed b/c my school's policy is to send letters in Sept.

ohhh ok...now i can submit..haha...thanks so much :)

Members don't see this ad :)
MSTP? said:
Otherwise, I'd be screwed b/c my school's policy is to send letters in Sept.

wow, your school is really handicapping everyone's applications. not that september is that late, but still, it's always an edge to have your stuff in around june, july, etc.

Agreed. Honestly, if the rest of your application is completed, I would spring for a service like interfolio to get your letters in earlier. :idea: