General Admissions & OTCAS Theatre Degree and OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeggOT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I'm new to this site and also in my pursuit of getting into Occuparional Therapy school. I have a BA in Theatre and BS in Rehabilitation Studies, and I was wondering if this looks good to university admissions? I didn't take any hard sciences or psych in undergrad so I plan to complete the prerequisites and get the shadowing hours. I would just like to know if my lack of a hard science degree would get in the the way, even though I'll be taking the prerequisites.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, everyone! I'm new to this site and also in my pursuit of getting into Occuparional Therapy school. I have a BA in Theatre and BS in Rehabilitation Studies, and I was wondering if this looks good to university admissions? I didn't take any hard sciences or psych in undergrad so I plan to complete the prerequisites and get the shadowing hours. I would just like to know if my lack of a hard science degree would get in the the way, even though I'll be taking the prerequisites.
I have a BFA in Musical Theatre from one of the top conservatory programs in the country. I went back to school in my 30s and became an OT. So if the rest of your application is strong, it's possible. I would also encourage you to visit the programs you want to apply to to get a vibe on their cohort mix. The school I ended up going to was very non-traditional friendly, whereas another program I looked at was very homogeneous (everyone was under 25, most had Psych degrees from state schools, etc). Some programs may be more accepting of a diverse applicant pool.

Reactions: 1 users

They don't care what you majored in for undergrad as long as you take their pre-req' and do well in them. It will not hold you back at all.

Reactions: 1 user