The world has lost a great bodybuilder

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Body builders are athletes?

Hahahaha

More like juiced up freaks with chips on their shoulders

COME WITH ME TO THE GYM ON TUESDAYS, MY FRIEND.

TUESDAY IS

LEG DAY

I COULD SERIOUSLY SELL TICKETS

PLEASE LOOK ME UP, AND LET'S MEET ON

TUESDAY.

After the obligatory

TUESDAY LEG WORKOUT,

I'll let you be the judge of

BODYBUILDERS AS ATHLETES.

btw bring some Leg Wraps man. And some water. Alotta water.

COME WITH ME TO THE GYM ON TUESDAYS, MY FRIEND.

TUESDAY IS

LEG DAY

I COULD SERIOUSLY SELL TICKETS

PLEASE LOOK ME UP, AND LET'S MEET ON

TUESDAY.

After the obligatory

TUESDAY LEG WORKOUT,

I'll let you be the judge of

BODYBUILDERS AS ATHLETES.

btw bring some Leg Wraps man. And some water. Alotta water.

Jet, how many days per week do you train body parts? What are your thoughts on overtraining? Too common, or not as common as the industry often suggests?

Members don't see this ad :)
Very common, but anabolics greatly enhance recovery time (not saying Jet is juicing.)

Very common, but anabolics greatly enhance recovery time (not saying Jet is juicing.)

I understand this. The question isn't really about AAS use.

I'm talking more generally. Is the overtraining thing overstated or something really to look out for. Clearly this depends on what the hell you're doing, but is the threashold for overtraining LOWER than what many dudes are doing in the gym or much much higher.

I understand this. The question isn't really about AAS use.

I'm talking more generally. Is the overtraining thing overstated or something really to look out for. Clearly this depends on what the hell you're doing, but is the threashold for overtraining LOWER than what many dudes are doing in the gym or much much higher.

Yea I hear you. Speaking for myself, when I was doing heavy powerlifting training for bench/deadlift I needed a week off every 5-6 weeks. I definitely noticed the signs of overtraining: tachycardia, diaphoretic, general irritability, insomnia when I pushed it too hard.

I think it's easier to overload your CNS with really heavy sets, 1-3 rep maxes. Of course, when you have the BBer/powerlifter mentality it's hard to take time off and rest cause you think you'll lose muscle/power :laugh: More times than not, when you come back after a week off you're stronger and make bigger gains, as well as just the mental aspect of feeling refreshed.

Interesting thread. I'm female and have followed the bodybuilding field for years. Pretty much since I was a preteen and saw an Oprah episode in the 80s that featured female bodybuilders. I was always fascinated by the ways in which people could manipulate their diet, and workouts to achieve a certain look.

I trained bodybuilders, male and female, and fitness competitors for years, before going into medicine.
I for one do see bodybuilders as athletes. Just like your traditional athletes, I feel they have to push their bodies to unbelievable limits to achieve their goal (which I'll admit, is mainly an aesthetic goal).

But yea, the likes of Ronnie Coleman are out of this world, in a bad way. While I respected what he was able to achieve physically, I never thought he looked good at all. Dexter Jackson was probably my favorite because I thought he had the best abs. But as someone mentioned, best aesthetics will always go to Frank Zane. I stopped following the 'sport' right around the time Jay Cutler was making it to first place at the Olympia.

I think I'm more at odds with my feelings towards female bodybuilders. The likes of Yaxeni, Kim Chivesky, Dayana Caudeau or Lenda Murray (my favorite). On the one hand I'm like " you go girl!" and on the other I'm like "Holy s***t, that is so wrong!"

Jet, I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on female bodybuilders? Its interesting that people bring up this 'athlete' vs 'just a model" thing, because I remember that issue was somewhat at the center of an argument among female competitors against introducing the Figure Competitions vs the Fitness and Bodybuilding competitions.

Btw, anyone here watched the movie "Teddy Bear"? Starring the Danish bodybuilder Kim Kold (now that guy is HUGE! ). It kinda shows that bodybuilders have other talents, besides being "juiced up freaks with chips on their shoulders" :)

Great short inspirational video narrated by Arnold.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwtjXrBeVe8[/YOUTUBE]

Great short inspirational video narrated by Arnold.

Arnold-Conquer-1.jpg

Arnold discusses cumming wut?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqfUzax3kE[/YOUTUBE]

Arnold discusses cumming wut?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZqfUzax3kE[/YOUTUBE]

Is that why he looks so glossy when he goes on stage? All the sweat from back stage masturbation? With all those muscles what if he has an accident while performing the sacred repetitive motion ritual?

I had a buddy back in the day who was a genetic FREAK for bodybuilding. I know for a fact he never used anything as back then real steroids were not easy to come by (at least nobody I knew really had any contacts etc.), and no doctor was going to prescribe "TRT" to an 18 year old bursting with testosterone. Also, he was one of my best friends and I just know for a fact he wasn't using anything other than protein powder.

This dude made massive gains. He got really big, ate well, worked out hard, and don't underestimate those genetics. Crazy strong, but also able to put on considerable mass. Guy was unreal.

Maybe there's one dude like that in 1000, MAYBE. Also, my buddy only got SO big.

The "kids" you see walking around at the gym with massive traps and delts etc., cut up etc. (or just bloated....) are putting SOMETHING very synthetic in their bodies.

My buddy was like an anomaly in high school and college. NOW? You see dudes bigger than that walking around all over the place.

Again, I don't think an adult will have hardly any non-manageable issues on a course of testosterone, given that he sees a doctor, gets blood work, and doesn't over do it with doses and duration (duration infinity is fine as long as he he knows he may never get his balls back).

BUT, the impact down the road for this new crowd doing "gear" that weren't even around 5 years ago, and doing them in HIGH SCHOOL??? At those levels? Prohormones which are liver toxic? That's going to be an interesting story, and stay tuned for the repercussions. I'd go so far to suggest it's an epidemic at this point.

100% on point